I never saw Michael Jordan play in his prime....

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
So your saying any other top three guard would have won w/ Shaq:myman:

I'd go as far as top 10 guard and they would have won more.

Kobe did it w/ top 3 all time though breh. Then wanted a trade when he didnt produce chips. Then got another more current top 3 player.

Every player isn't lucky enough to be traded to the "goat" franchise.

If you don't know the difference of importance between a top 3center and a top 5 ballhog guard, I don't know what to tell you.

You not making any sense nikka :comeon:

How come Shaq didn't do anything with Penny in Orlando?

How come Shaq didn't do anything with the Lakers from '97-'00?

Shaq needed Kobe, a top 10 alltime player to win his rings.

Kobe won 2 rings w/ two bigs that wouldn't smell the top 50.

How can you not see the difference? :what:

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps
You not making any sense nikka :comeon:

How can you not see the difference? :what:

:what:

They made it to the Finals in their second year together

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Shaq could have done the same with Paul Pierce and others. Regardless, in his prime, he was the focal point and main cog in the engine. It's you cats that put Kobe shoulder to shoulder to him revising history.

The problem with that logic is that nobody wants to have it go both ways.

If you're gonna take that stance it'd also be fair to say that Kobe would have won with the likes of Duncan, KG, and even Sheed.

NYC Rebel

...on the otherside of the pond
Daps

If you're gonna take that stance it'd also be fair to say that Kobe would have won with the likes of Duncan, KG, and even Sheed.

Agreed. But regardless, Shaq was the main player on whatever squad he took to the championship minus Miami

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
Shaq could have done the same with Paul Pierce and others. Regardless, in his prime, he was the focal point and main cog in the engine. It's you cats that put Kobe shoulder to shoulder to him revising history.

Then why didn't he do it w/ Penny? :what:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I said "that same Jazz core" my dude.

"The only main stays" for most great teams are a duo. The best duo Jordan faced were Malone and Stockton....a core that couldn't do it in the 80s.

Which proves my point about Jordans era being far from the most competitive ever.

:childplease:

i got you.

Shaq and Penny as a duo >>> Malone and stockton, but you said finals so your point is well taken. Although i could argue Barkley and KJ, or GP and Kemp being right there.

No one was beating those showtime laker teams anyway. I don't hold it against malone and stockton.

TheNig

Dr.TheNig DDS
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Brolic... Alcoholics
Like I say in every thread like this. I've grown passed the debate between whose better. Kobe Bryant is my favorite player of all time. I don't give a shyt about whose the best or some top 5 bullshyt. I'll leave that to y'all. I #countonkobe

*eats chicken broccoli and rice*

Malik

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
DMV | Philly
29ppg, 12rebs
29ppg, 6rebs

27ppg, 8rebs
22ppg, 5rebs

32ppg, 7rebs
18ppg, 8rebs

Take a wild guess which tandem is Kobe & Shaq? and which ones are Jordan/Pippen & Wade/Bron? :beli:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL

:whoa:

The nikka had all the tools but was never anywhere near the force that Shaq was. Never even close. nikka spent the last half of his career being a spot up 3pt shooter. The nikka never even managed a 20 and 10 season. That's about as bad as comparing Ricky Davis to Kobe.

Honestly KG warrants a :whoa: of his own. He wasn't the force on defense or the boards early on and he was never a force offensively in the paint like that. Duncan is the only guy you can truly compare to Shaq because he went toe to toe with him and he regularly matched or even surpassed his output. The problem with your comparison is that it does not take into account the derth of great big men during that time. Meanwhile you had plenty of top perimeter guys including guys who shoulda been big men (Dirk, KG). Now if we are talking about the mid 90's then yeah your point is a valid one but dominant big play was far more valuable in the early 2000's. Look no further than Shaq/Duncan being involved in like 8 straight finals.

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
29ppg, 12rebs
29ppg, 6rebs

27ppg, 8rebs
22ppg, 5rebs

32ppg, 7rebs
18ppg, 8rebs

Take a wild guess which tandem is Kobe & Shaq? and which ones are Jordan/Pippen & Wade/Bron? :beli:

take a guess at who defenses planned for and keyed upon stopping or slowing down.

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
29ppg, 12rebs
29ppg, 6rebs

27ppg, 8rebs
22ppg, 5rebs

32ppg, 7rebs
18ppg, 8rebs

Doesn't matter, Shaq dominated Todd Mcollugh and Matt Geiger :troll:

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

They were young, and Jordan and Dream were still in the league.

Phil Jackson was coaching the bulls

Shaq also won with Wade, point moot. Kobe was no where near a top 10 of all time player in 00, 01 and 02

In an era weaker than it was before. Pundits often said they lakers had by far the best frontline in basketball.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:whoa:

The nikka had all the tools but was never anywhere near the force that Shaq was. Never even close. nikka spent the last half of his career being a spot up 3pt shooter. The nikka never even managed a 20 and 10 season. That's about as bad as comparing Ricky Davis to Kobe.

Honestly KG warrants a :whoa: of his own. He wasn't the force on defense or the boards early on and he was never a force offensively in the paint like that. Duncan is the only guy you can truly compare to Shaq because he went toe to toe with him and he regularly matched or even surpassed his output. The problem with your comparison is that it does not take into account the derth of great big men during that time. Meanwhile you had plenty of top perimeter guys including guys who shoulda been big men (Dirk, KG). Now if we are talking about the mid 90's then yeah your point is a valid one but dominant big play was far more valuable in the early 2000's. Look no further than Shaq/Duncan being involved in like 8 straight finals.

I'm not saying they're on the same level. I just named the elite bigs during that time because the other side of the argument is that Shaq would win with any elite perimeter player.