I never saw Michael Jordan play in his prime....

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
never said that....I only judge players I've seen......stats and accomplishments are heavily dependent on who you play......if numbers are all that mattered then Wilt would be unanimous #1 on everyone list or Russell because he had 11 rings

I put MJ in the same category as Bird/Magic/Oscar/Wilt. Great players of the past based on their accomplishments but since I never saw them play I can't say they were better or worse than Kobe.

The only statement I make is that from 99-present the best player I've seen is Kobe. PERIOD

not making judgments on anyone who came before or who will come after

its you nikkas who claim Jordan is the best without having seen Wilt/Russel/Oscar play in most cases

Why not compare the two players in question? It's people who saw both players play why do you disregard their opinion? And ignore stats.

We know you a Kobe Stan breh. All I'm saying is why do you need to remind us especially if the opinion of others mean nothing.

What's the point?
Is this is just a Kobe Stan appreciation thread.

Is this all I have to do to get a plat thread is express my admiration for a great player.

What's even worse is that I bet you haven't even made an effort to research any other players before subtracting them from your goat list.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
this is on point. The only thing I would add about Jordan is this dude was clearly better than everybody every game. If you didn't have wgn growing up you missed out. I'll put it like this Jordan was like hybrid of lebron and Kobe. Not saying he was specifically better than them in certain categories but if you took Kobe's skillset and lbj bball iq and athletic ability that would be the perfect player, Jordan would be like 90% of that guy. Basically if you loves Kobes game you would've liked Jordan's more IMO because Kobe modeled his whole game after Jordan's.

Co-sign. Our cable provider :blessed: us with WGN back then. Watching 82 games of prime Hakeem and MJ was :wow: and this is long before the internet.

I agree, now that I think of it prime MJ was is a fusion of what of most of the best traits/skills Kobe and Bron bring to the table. Of course minus LeBron's size and strength.

I think that people that if you are a fan of Kobe or Bron, you should be fine with which ever one you root for being 2nd best all time when they retire but it will be a while before we determine that. Jury is still out on where they stand until they have left the game.

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

Kid Coli

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
can we talk about how Lebron is clearly better than Kobe too though?

you seen him play right?

Jplaya2023

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:russ::laff:

but who called those Lakers teams that great? I'm saying that "the best competition ever" Jordan faced is pure rubbish. That same Jazz core couldn't make it out of the 80s

you and i both know those weren't the "same" jazz teams. The only mainstays were stockton and malone. No one was beating the showtime lakers in the west. I can't hold that against Utah.

MikeBrownsJob

Seattle fan since 2013 *deal with it slime*
Daps
Reppin
Seattle We Run You Nyggas Ask Russel Wilson
can we talk about how Lebron is clearly better than Kobe too though?

you seen him play right?

mysmilie_2398.gif

bl2k8

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Northern California
So you don't wanna give any player (shaq)room for growth. Why didnt kobe start his first years in the league?

Btw, Who did shaq face in those finals breh? Who did Shaq play against to make it to the finals?

How many finals has Kobe had without a top 3 big. Hell, list Kobe's team accomplishments without top three big men. Y'all act like he won chips with kwame brown or sleve medvindinco. He always had the best at his disposal.

I like how you ignore everything except what you feel you can argue with(which is incorrect also:heh:)

We can leave out Dwight:troll:

Oh titles don't matter now, huh? Team records don't matter now huh? You just made an argument about how selfish Kobe is.

Cause that shooting guard always had the " goat " organization to always obtain the best big men in history

How many rings has Shaq won without a top 3 guard? Kobe's the only player in history who has this stupid argument thrown against him.

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
he's MJ to nikkas like me who ain't old and grew up in the 90s

I'll just put it this way. With the way Kobe has played the last 13 years, I don't feel I missed anything by not seeing Jordan. :manny:

I saw Shaq but I didn't get to see Wilt, I missed out regardless of where their perceived rankings are.

Basically you're not a fan of basketball, just of men.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
first player since MJ in 89 to put up 40/10 in back to back games.....epic clutch comebacks in both games.......doing this at 34

stop acting like Kobe's the only guy to play the Hornets and Raptors

Why not use all Jordan's stats as a standard to greatness then, why pick and choose?

I think We both know the anwser why.

Epic, clutch, comebacks against the hornets and raptors. Yea he had to make the shots but I wouldn't call it or epic(that hornets team/coach:heh:) Those are bad teams. You right Kobe ain't the only only one that plays them that's why they have a losing record.

And just the overall feeling you give off. Loses by double digits to a top 3 seed and is under.500. Then beats two terrible teams in dramatic fashion and y'all hype.:comeon:

Colejeezy

Rest In Peace KOBE
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
I saw Shaq but I didn't get to see Wilt, I missed out regardless of where their perceived rankings are.

Basically you're not a fan of basketball, just of men.
You cant fault a nikka for being too young. Theres nothin wrong with what hes saying...

Malta

Sweetwater
Daps
Reppin
Now who else wanna fukk with Hollywood Court?
You cant fault a nikka for being too young. Theres nothin wrong with what hes saying...

Keep in mind, the dude you're talking about openly admits he really doesn't watch anyone else

I'm not faulting anyone either, I'm a fan of the game first and foremost, and as such I feel like I missed out not seeing the other greats. He's not a fan of basketball, his posts tell you that much.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
How many rings has Shaq won without a top 3 guard? Kobe's the only player in history who has this stupid argument thrown against him.

So your saying any other top three guard would have won w/ Shaq:myman:

I'd go as far as top 10 guard and they would have won more.

Kobe did it w/ top 3 all time though breh. Then wanted a trade when he didnt produce chips. Then got another more current top 3 player.

Every player isn't lucky enough to be traded to the "goat" franchise.

If you don't know the difference of importance between a top 3center and a top 5 ballhog guard, I don't know what to tell you.