I never saw Michael Jordan play in his prime....

Daps
Reppin
NULL
I saw Shaq but I didn't get to see Wilt, I missed out regardless of where their perceived rankings are.

Basically you're not a fan of basketball, just of men.

the human element is important to almost every form of entertainment......movies, sports, music are the all the same and you'd be lying if you denied the human element as being important to each......its not the art in a vacuum that is what I love but rather how certain people are able to make greatness out of art

its not just that I'm a fan of Kobe in some vacuum.....I'm a fan of everything he does on the court.....from his skill and talent......to his work ethic.....determination......and will to win

basketball is fun on its own but I would be lying if I said players like Kobe don't make it more special

and this isn't some groupie worship because unlike MJ stans who hated on Kobe cause he copied MJ's style.....I'm waiting for a player to come along copying Kobe's style in the same fashion Kobe took after Mike.....it isn't so much Kobe but the way he plays.......hopefully a young player comes along that does the same so I can follow him as well

basketball won't be as fun as it now once Kobe retires if there isn't someone ready to take his spot the way he took MJ's spot

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Keep in mind, the dude you're talking about openly admits he really doesn't watch anyone else

I'm not faulting anyone either, I'm a fan of the game first and foremost, and as such I feel like I missed out not seeing the other greats. He's not a fan of basketball, his posts tell you that much.

:comeon: you watch every team play every game?

if not then shut up and sit down.....I watch all 82 Lakers games cause Kobe is the most exciting player to watch......but I also watch almost every national TV game involving the top teams

that means I see about 20-30 regular season games for each of the Heat, Thunder, Knicks, Celtics, etc. a year

thats more than enough regular season basketball......plus I watch every playoff game.....except for those lame 4-5 east conference battles between teams like the Hawks and Magic each year :why:

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm not saying they're on the same level. I just named the elite bigs during that time because the other side of the argument is that Shaq would win with any elite perimeter player.

The state of big men vs. the state of perimeter guys at the time must be taken into account though. You can't just make an contrarian argument just for the sake of arguing. Part of Shaqs value was the fact that big man play was :flabbynsick:. There were more guys capable of at least coming close to Kobes impact. Only Duncan was near Shaq.

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
Nah, how do dudes think MJ got to be soo good? Mike is more passionate, emotional and he loves the game more. That's why he came out of retirement twice to play the game. If their skill set was equal, but Kobe is a harder worker than MJ, wouldn't it clearly show that he is a better player. Jordan had to work harder against better competition, not to mention, he didn't get drafted to a team that was already primed for a tile run. Not to mention, he doesn't make anyone around him better. But these are just opinions.

Read again...MJ's bball IQ put him over the top. You know that the best doctor is not always the guy that study's harder and longer...sometimes one doctor has "It" or has an amazing memory or feel for his craft. Having a high "IQ" makes processing things a little easier. It works in medicine and in sports. Those are things that can't be taught. MJ has a better feel for the game than Kobe does...that comes from a having a higher bball IQ not shooting more jumpers in the off-season.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Read again...MJ's bball IQ put him over the top. You know that the best doctor is not always the guy that study's harder and longer...sometimes one doctor has "It" or has an amazing memory or feel for his craft. Having a high "IQ" makes processing things a little easier. It works in medicine and in sports. Those are things that can't be taught. MJ has a better feel for the game than Kobe does...that comes from a having a higher bball IQ not shooting more jumpers in the off-season.

He did have a much higher iq than Kobe, WITH skill. You think he just got good on some Professor Xavier shyt lol? You niccas killin me like you know mikes work ethic. Look at dukes accomplishments and tell me if iq alone is what that dude all that he has done. You get THAT good with a combo of skill and iq

Marvel

Psalm 149:5-9
Daps
Reppin
House of Yasharahla
He did have a much higher iq than Kobe, WITH skill. You think he just got good on some Professor Xavier shyt lol? You niccas killin me like you know mikes work ethic. Look at dukes accomplishments and tell me if iq alone is what that dude all that he has done. You get THAT good with a combo of skill and iq

:wtf: That is what I have been saying. Did you read my other post in this thread? Go back to page 6 and read my post.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
so he might be better than Kobe but to me in my opinion, Kobe's the best I've ever seen. Someone better might have come before him and someone better might come after, I'm just glad I lived to see Kobe Bryant play. The man is simply amazing and its gonna be a dark day in the NBA when he retires.

Simply said. A legend.

well i did. jordan is better.

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas on here are really saying gasol was a top 3 player just to shyt on kobe unbelievable

JYoung24

Young J
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shaq wouldnt have not won no three fukking ring rings with paul fukking pierce i swear the bullshyt i read on this ite is ridicolous

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
maybe if they were as exciting as Kobe I'd watch them play more :yeshrug:

D Wade has been the most entertaining player since he entered the league, he does more "EXCITING" things than Kobe. No hate, just the truth ya dig. Better crossovers, better finishes at the basket, the blocks, the oops, and even the plays where he did 2 things that made you go WOW. blocking STAT and hitting the shot from the other end of the court, dribbling the ball around Palcovic and throwing the oop to Shaq, pinning Dwights shot against the backboard and going coast to coast, the steal and gamewinner against the Bulls, and when he has a highlight crossover he finishes them acrobatically. Wade just has more WOW moments than Kobe bruh.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
:comeon: you watch every team play every game?

if not then shut up and sit down.....I watch all 82 Lakers games cause Kobe is the most exciting player to watch......but I also watch almost every national TV game involving the top teams

that means I see about 20-30 regular season games for each of the Heat, Thunder, Knicks, Celtics, etc. a year

thats more than enough regular season basketball......plus I watch every playoff game.....except for those lame 4-5 east conference battles between teams like the Hawks and Magic each year :why:

That is just pure bullshyt bruh. No matter how you slice it, Wade has had Kobe beat in "excitement" for a while. Who the fukk thinks watching a nikka shot numerous jumpers is just as entertaining as seeing a nikka chop up defenses and finish at the basket over and over again. I admit, Kobes game is beautiful to watch, so smooth and creative, he just does not wow you like Wade.

Cynical Thoughts

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
nikkas on here are really saying gasol was a top 3 player just to shyt on kobe unbelievable
Name 5 pf clearly better than Gasol. Name 5 centers clearly better than bynam. Then name a better combo in the L at that time that was better.

This gone be good.

shaq wouldnt have not won no three fukking ring rings with paul fukking pierce i swear the bullshyt i read on this ite is ridicolous
Why not? Vince, tmac, Ai etc couldn't of done what Kobe did with Shaq in the paint? D wade did it with an older Shaq.

You dudes seem to forget, back then it wasnt a separation between Kobe and those players. It's arguable the only separation between them was..........Shaq.

superunknown23

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
MJ's legend was built in big moments (playoffs, finals, rivalries). The biggest knock on Wilt's career was always that his regular season stats were better than his playoffs' while losing to Russell. He only had two 50pts playoffs games in his career (amazing for a guy who AVERAGED 50 in a season)... MJ had 8 of those (nobody else has more than 3). He raised his game when the stakes were highest: That's what made him the GOAT.
I can't come up with legendary playoffs/finals performances Kobe had. :manny:
Why doesn't he have those great games against the Heat, Spurs, OKC, etc? Instead, now his big games seem to come mostly against average teams and bottom-feeders. The fact that Kobe stans are creaming themselves over comebacks against the "mighty" Hornets and Raptors is kinda embarrassing.