I need suggestions for a ps4 hard drive upgrade (needed for fall out and BLOPs 3)

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So basically if i get a hardrive and install it all i gotta do is sign into psn, and redownload stuff, thats it?

This I wanna know and how do you save data games? or transer to new hard driver? :lupe:

KevCo

Bond's gun spoke once....
Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
This I wanna know and how do you save data games? or transer to new hard driver? :lupe:
Some stuff saves, like cod etc..some doesnt. Go to settings-application saved data-saved data to online storage- download to system storage

That will show u whats in the cloud. If you want to upload anything go to application saved data-saved data in system storage

Then u can upload anything, or just save the stuff to a usb drive

Edit: both those places lead to usb data storage

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some stuff saves, like cod etc..some doesnt. Go to settings-application saved data-saved data to online storage- download to system storage

That will show u whats in the cloud. If you want to upload anything go to application saved data-saved data in system storage

Then u can upload anything, or just save the stuff to a usb drive

Edit: both those places lead to usb data storage

All right, I hope I don't f*ck it up my PS4.

Which is the best company to have 2TB? Segate or what? :lupe:

Can you step by step the whole things....just school me breh :lupe:

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
All right, I hope I don't f*ck it up my PS4.

Which is the best company to have 2TB? Segate or what? :lupe:

Can you step by step the whole things....just school me breh :lupe:

Video i used, get the 2tb from seagate in amazon, its made by samsung, think its like 95 bucks. Ive now done this to 5 ps4s, simple takes 10 minutes. Make sure u have a good set of screwdrivers, the one i found worked the best was in a swiss army knife. Have anything else, hit me up.

Edit:also when u open the ps4, under where u take the hd out there may be some dust...do not blow on it or use electronic dust spray..just wipe it so it doesnt get into ur system...had to clean every disk i used for 3 days cause they got dust on em, im thinking its cause i used a spray.

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
So what did you do with the old hardrive?
kept it, i keep everything, who knows if by some means the new drive did crap out, I could just switch it out and at least still be able to game.

edit:also im not very technical, which is why I was shyttin myself before I saw how easy this was, some people put them in their computers and use them as an extra 500 gb drive.

Brandwin

Pro
Daps
I still suggest backing up saves in the cloud and on a flash drive. I would also go in and make sure you have a save in the cloud. And just know, you can't download the save file on the new HDD until that game is installed.

Here is a good step by step guide -

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Yes. Make sure you transfer all saves from your hard drive to a USB. Sometimes cloud saves don't have the most accurate saves. For example, my AC save on the cloud was from about two weeks ago. If I didn't back up the saves off my old hard drive I would have had to do a couple of missions and other things over again

Methodical

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
@KevCo and @Tunez

I'm about to order 2TB Samung Seagate from Amazon.

Question...how can you get your PSN ID transfer to the new HDD? or they gonna ask you to sign in PSN or what?

KevCo

Daps
Reppin
The Weird Side
@KevCo and @Tunez

I'm about to order 2TB Samung Seagate from Amazon.

Question...how can you get your PSN ID transfer to the new HDD? or they gonna ask you to sign in PSN or what?
make sure you have the new system software on a thumb drive. After you install the hd, put in the thumbdrive, itll redownload the software....from there you have a new system, so just sign on to PSN and redownload everything....if possible I recommend you hardwire the internet to the ps4 to help with dl speeds.