I need suggestions for a ps4 hard drive upgrade (needed for fall out and BLOPs 3)

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
You can't just buy any 2.5 inch drive, it's also gotta be 9.5mm thick, which is why the Spinpoint linked above is always recommended. If you wanna save a few bucks, you can buy this external, which has the Spinpoint inside of it. You'll have to open up the enclosure and remove the HD, but you can then put your old PS4 HD back into the enclosure and have a 500gb external, which is what I did.

If you have an extra 500gb external laying around, you can use the "Backup & Restore" feature that was introduced in a previous PS firmware update. I used it not long after, and it worked like a charm. Here's my post from the Playstation thread with the details. Otherwise, yes, you'll have to re-download all your games and apps.

Kobes Two Jerseys

8 or 24 best player of the era
Daps
Reppin
Fistful of jewels
I just put this on my wish list. Is there anything else I need to buy, or do I just take out the original and put the new one in? What happens once I turn on the power? Will it download the ps software automatically, or do I need to do that too? Never done any of this so that's why I'm asking. Should I get the 2 year a data recovery plan?

FloorGeneral

I don't even know anymore...
Daps
Reppin
Packerland
I just put this on my wish list. Is there anything else I need to buy, or do I just take out the original and put the new one in? What happens once I turn on the power? Will it download the ps software automatically, or do I need to do that too? Never done any of this so that's why I'm asking. Should I get the 2 year a data recovery plan?
You need to install the PS software. Click this link, then scroll all the way to the bottom where it says "Perform a New Installation of the System Software". It gives you the link to download the file, and details how to install it.

Thatrogueassdiaz

We're on the blood path now
Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
*Update* @Cladyclad @dBoyFresh*212 @illadope

Samsung Seagate 2 TB came in the mail Monday. Just installled it over an hour ago. Installation took 20 minutes...very easy. shyt works like a charm. Took 5 minutes to download the update file for Fall out 4 that everyone and they momma was crying about in the official thread.

@Cladyclad did you get yours from the apartment office yet? Did you install it? Has Fall out 4 come in the mail yet? Did you cancel the order and take your lazy ass to gamestop? :jbhmm:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
*Update* @Cladyclad @dBoyFresh*212 @illadope

Samsung Seagate 2 TB came in the mail Monday. Just installled it over an hour ago. Installation took 20 minutes...very easy. shyt works like a charm. Took 5 minutes to download the update file for Fall out 4 that everyone and they momma was crying about in the official thread.

@Cladyclad did you get yours from the apartment office yet? Did you install it? Has Fall out 4 come in the mail yet? Did you cancel the order and take your lazy ass to gamestop? :jbhmm:
It's all bad. I got my drive from apt office. Hook it up. Pop in flash drive. Update not there. My cuz was suppose to put it on there for me being I don't own a computer. He didn't dl the new installation. And Amazon say my FAll Out in Georgia. USPS say it's in Tenneseee :dahell: so idk wtf going on. I'm just gon have to wait til tomorrow to figure this out:francis:

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
It's all bad. I got my drive from apt office. Hook it up. Pop in flash drive. Update not there. My cuz was suppose to put it on there for me being I don't own a computer. He didn't dl the new installation. And Amazon say my FAll Out in Georgia. USPS say it's in Tenneseee :dahell: so idk wtf going on. I'm just gon have to wait til tomorrow to figure this out:francis:
:mjcry: you're all fukked up. Just go to the library and get the update files yourself. Sounds like you gotta bunch of fukk bytches and fukk nikkas in your life, breh :francis:

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
are there any terabyte ps4s on sale? And can you get that hard drive in gamestop or some shyt that's not online?

Thatrogueassdiaz

Daps
Reppin
Center self, inner self
are there any terabyte ps4s on sale? And can you get that hard drive in gamestop or some shyt that's not online?
Terabyte ps4 would be way more expensive than getting a new hard drive. It was cheaper to get my hard drive online. No telling if u can find the ones u need in store. Why not order online?

Nomad1

Tupac KONY and GOAT
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Terabyte ps4 would be way more expensive than getting a new hard drive. It was cheaper to get my hard drive online. No telling if u can find the ones u need in store. Why not order online?
idk fam i just dont buy anything online. :yeshrug: