I miss the 90's

darius19

R.I.P. Kobe and Nip, that’s off the rip
Daps
Reppin
NULL
remember when you couldn't use the internet cuz your parents were on the phone?:scusthov:

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
That was truly the last greatest decade with a small mix of technology that was blended well.

i agree is was indeed the perfect mix of technology just breaking on scene. combined with still having to do SOME things on your own...libraries...book and record stores etc
everything now come TOO easy and at ones fingertips....granted that may be "convenient". but it makes us complacent and appreciate the things we have LESS in the long run. :snoop:

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan

Nah you wasn't alone wit dat kinda shyt homie. Dat album was da GOAT at da time too. lol i remember i was in 7th grade and mah homegirl who was dis artsy white chick named Angela lemme hold dat CD down n I remember breakin dat shyt by accident n havin mah brother take me to da mall to buy her a new one. :laugh:

Some great memories up in hea yall.
:to:

Rominati

Legendary Poster
Daps
The 90's was a trully beautiful time to be a kid. Top notch shyt.

However the world today is >>>>>>>>> than the 90s.

Imagine still having to use dial up :scusthov:

• Dap
Reactions: I'z

PhonZhi

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atl, Ga by way of Alabama
What happened to being in before the street light came on?

Everybody seems to be looking for the easy way to do everything now...cats wanna get rich by doing nothing, being worldstar/YouTube stars...no hate to those getting money but what happened to building up brands with hard work ie: Bad Boy

Haven't seen a legitimate arcade (not Dave n Busters) like in a mall in years.

Cd books and cracking that cd plastic, HEAVEN!

No save options on a lot of games/systems (NES, SEGA) u played then had to do it all over tomorrow...

Do kids even have sleep overs anymore? Like at your friend house? Play video games , eat junk and watch tv til you passed out lol...

Sports figures seemed more genuine to me back then...

I could go on forever
only a handful of athletes from my childhood still playing :wow: being a sports fan is different when ur older than most playing

Anothergirl

Goat ™
Daps
Nah you wasn't alone wit dat kinda shyt homie. Dat album was da GOAT at da time too. lol i remember i was in 7th grade and mah homegirl who was dis artsy white chick named Angela lemme hold dat CD down n I remember breakin dat shyt by accident n havin mah brother take me to da mall to buy her a new one. :laugh:

Some great memories up in hea yall.
:to:

Siamese Dream > Mellon Collie

man i went thru some ROUGH sh*t with Siamese Dream as the soundtrack to my life. and i survived...yay @ Billy Corgan for saving my life. (kidding...kinda?)

OG_StankBrefs

Da Spice...
Daps
Reppin
Caladan
The 90's was a trully beautiful time to be a kid. Top notch shyt.

However the world today is >>>>>>>>> than the 90s.

Imagine still having to use dial up :scusthov:

But we aint no any better than what was available at da time cuzzo. shyt was still da GOAT era for alotta thangs tho imo. :manny:

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
I know this thread gets made alot but i think theres an actual reason for this.

To me, it seems like the 90's/early 00's was the last decade that kind of held on to things/traditions that were put into place from past decades.

Skating rinks, saturday morning cartoons, physical media, child hood/adolescence, TV shows (situational comidies, tv lineups, etc) outside activities and every other thing thats we reminisce about been around for decades. But now, you really just see peices of the traditions, instead of them just rehashed like before.

Even sports seem different, with stars being annointed before they barely make the league. Every thing just seems so rushed these days.

I guess in a nut shell:

-DMP-

Last edited by a moderator:

DaPresident

Miami Hurricanes football fan...
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Miami Hurricanes,Dallas Cowboys, St. John's, DMV
3 way and *69 meant new phone technology, and not sexual stuff.

Conversations were actually spoken and not dm'd, I'm'd, bbm'd,text'd, facebooked, or tweeted...like u had to use your brain and mouth to formulate sentences lol who'd have thunk?

Only adults had cellphones/carphones

Beepers were way cooler than cell phones lol IMO

I always thought I could beat those kids on Guts, Legends of the Hidden Temple, or Wild and Crazy Kids...

Super soaker wars helped cool u in the summer