I m calling out the GETMARRIED crew for their hypocrisy

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
The idea that women are "winning" in divorce is one of the most idiotic things I hear repeated on this forum. Women end up in debt with fukked up credit and limited resources, just like men do after a divorce.

Y'all need to quit watching so much tv and listening to these goofy nikkas on the Internet.

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
The idea that women are "winning" in divorce is one of the most idiotic things I hear repeated on this forum. Women end up in debt with fukked up credit and limited resorces, just like men do after a divorce.

Y'all need to quit watching so much tv and listening to these goofy nikkas on the Internet.

:childplease:

The majority of women who file for divorce which the majority of married women do. End up with custody child support half of the proceeds of the matrimonial home and have a new guy moving in asap.

At my former position I dealt with the family law courts on a daily basis

sent from royalty via tapatalk

FijiWatr

Rookie
Daps
The idea that women are "winning" in divorce is one of the most idiotic things I hear repeated on this forum. Women end up in debt with fukked up credit and limited resorces, just like men do after a divorce.

Moreover, in some of the states where no-fault divorce was introduced, over 70 percent of the divorce filings were by women. Among college-educated couples, the percentage of divorces initiated by wives is a whopping 90 percent.

Why do 70%-90% of married women initiate divorces if they have so much to lose like you say? :shaq2:

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
Still waiting for somebody to tell me how does marriage benefit me?

What is the advantage of getting married as a male over a long-term committed relationship without being married?

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
:childplease:

The majority of women who file for divorce which the majority of married women do. End up with custody child support half of the proceeds of the matrimonial home and have a new guy moving in asap.

At my former position I dealt with the family law courts on a daily basis

sent from royalty via tapatalk
That's your line that you like to promote but it is just not true.

If a woman gets sole custody either the man didn't want custody or he didn't deserve it. The average child support payment is $350. Would you take someone else's bad ass kid and raise him on your own for $350 a month? How is that a "win"?

Less than 13% of divorces result in alimony. Only men who entered the marriage under the agreement that they would be the sole breadwinner are hit with alimony, and in reality it's fair most times. He said "I do" under the premise that he would provide the financial support and she would raise the kids. In the event of a divorce the kids don't disapear so neither should his financial support. Furthermore the woman sacrifices her earning potential to play her part in the marriage, so it would be unfair to then throw her on the streets with no support seeing how she can't support herself right away.

Your "new guy" statement proves how scorned and scared of women/relationships you are.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Why do 70%-90% of married women initiate divorces if they have so much to lose like you say? :shaq2:
Just because they initiated doesn't mean they are "winning"

Men and women react to things differently. A man in an unhappy marriage is more likely to stay married and find happiness elsewhere. Women are emotional and can't fathom the thought of staying in an unhappy marriage, so they file for divorce. That doesn't mean either of them are any more/less to blame or better off after the divorce.

That's y'all problem you want to take statistics and draw your own conclusions from them, in reality that statistic tells you nothing about the reasons people get divorced

FijiWatr

Rookie
Daps
Just because they initiated doesn't mean they are "winning"

Men and women react to things differently. A man in an unhappy marriage is more likely to stay married and find happiness elsewhere. Women are emotional and can't fathom the thought of staying in an unhappy marriage, so they file for divorce. That doesn't mean either of them are any more/less to blame or better off after the divorce.

That's y'all problem you want to take statistics and draw your own conclusions from them, in reality that statistic tells you nothing about the reasons people get divorced

Your assessment of men and women emotions would make sense if the trend was true everywhere in the world but it's not.
Clearly something in the western causes women to be quick to file for divorce

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
That's your line that you like to promote but it is just not true.

If a woman gets sole custody either the man didn't want custody or he didn't deserve it. The average child support payment is $350. Would you take someone else's bad ass kid and raise him on your own for $350 a month? How is that a "win"?

Less than 13% of divorces result in alimony. Only men who entered the marriage under the agreement that they would be the sole breadwinner are hit with alimony, and in reality it's fair most times. He said "I do" under the premise that he would provide the financial support and she would raise the kids. In the event of a divorce the kids don't disapear so neither should his financial support. Furthermore the woman sacrifices her earning potential to play her part in the marriage, so it would be unfair to then throw her on the streets with no support seeing how she can't support herself right away.

Your "new guy" statement proves how scorned and scared of women/relationships you are.

Not true at all. I just went through this

Judges will not grant parents joint physical custody if they do not get along.

You can get joint legal custody, but not physical which means you have a say in their medical, schooling, and housing matters, and you will have to take her back to court if she does something you don't agree with.

If she has the kid most of the time while you were married, she will more than likely get custody. If the child is under 6 years old, her chances increase because of the nurture rule.

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land

Metta World Movement

Peace and love...to all!!
Daps

http://www.pictureshack.us/images/46117_bustertalkinshyt.gif

So now we really up in this thread actin' like men don't usually end up gettin' their wallets cleaned out a lil bit every month after a divorce?

I don't care how "bad" the woman's doing financially after the divorce compared to when she was married; the man is usually doing WORSE because he still has to work for a reduced paycheck, while the chick just sits there doing the Sonic the Hedgehog "I'm waiting" pose for that money. PLUS the chick usually gets the kids.....which means more money to be paid to her. How the hell is that not a win, especially compared to the man?

And we're supposed to be eager to sign up for that possible outcome by getting married? :dontlike:

Sharp

Let That Hoe Go
Daps
An Overview of Federal Rights and Protections Granted to Married Couples | Resources | Human Rights Campaign

And that's not even all of them. The most important one to me is being able to make medical decisions for your s/o. You can be with her for years, then something bad can happen to her and you have no right to say what should happen to her. In my opinion that should be a scary thought to anyone who wants to be in a commited relationship.

You can do that without being married... it's called a health proxy

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Not true at all. I just went through this

Judges will not grant parents joint physical custody if they do not get along.

You can get joint legal custody, but not physical which means you have a say in their medical, schooling, and housing matters, and you will have to take her back to court if she does something you don't agree with.

If she has the kid most of the time while you were married, she will more than likely get custody. If the child is under 6 years old, her chances increase because of the nurture rule.

I don't know how your situation went, but there is no legal precident that ensures this outcome.

In realty most times the man is ok with the woman getting custody, if he's not ok with it there are plenty of legal avenues he can take to get custody. Judges aren't just snatching people's babies from their arms like y'all are implying.