‘I lost everything’: Black women get evicted more than anyone else. A looming eviction crisis will m

tater

Superstar
Daps
looks like she works for a registry and they pay more. Some places out here are paying CNAs 25+

She's still living above her means. Even at $30/hr $2500 is too much to pay for rent. The article was talking about they don't want to hire people because of COVID and minimizing the spread, but there are shortages everywhere and that's the exact reason for contracts. If you know you're on a contract you know it's temporary. Something sounds fishy to me...

This is unfortunate, but she didn't pay as agreed. Being a landlord is not a charity service. The sob stories are hard to hear, but I'm not sacrificing my well-being for you.

Thems the breaks :manny:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
1 - $2490 is too much rent to be paying. She was already living well outside of her means. And it’s too much to be charging. It’s fukked up that someone else will move in and be in the same situation.

2 - Need to hear the landlords side of it. I doubt she was evicted for only being 4 days late one time. Most states have a grace period of 5 days.

3 - It costs more to evict people than to let them stay where they are. The city or county where she is should have stepped in with assistance.

this is all VERY true now that I think about it :patrice:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
As a Seattle breh, this shyt is real. @RadaMillz @Eastside Get The Money @Howie Doroughberg @Ed MOTHEREFFING G @O Fenômeno

Sadly, the ADOS Black population native to the region is disproportionately not getting ANY of the tech money. They also typically dont have a solid base of family to lean on like the Somalis and Ethiopians who live in in the Rainier Valley and North Seattle/Shoreline.

SO what that means is, given that Black Women are MTL to have children by Black Men, the Black mothers in the Puget Sound area are statistically going to be of low income and more than likely single. And Seattle is arguably the toughest home market in the entire USA with a bad mix of scarcity, high prices, and lack of infrastructure to support living outside of City Limits, especially if you arent a 6 figure breh who works a kush job to support flexible hours and a commute.

And while the South Sound (Tacoma/Olympia) are more affordable, the wages there arent as lucrative and even those areas are getting snatched up by Seattle commuters.

I tagged the other Seattle posters because most of us are transplants and are mostly immune to the rent crisis (my theory is that Black Men arent as vulnerable since the dusties can either shack up with random women and the transplants are probably making more money and can afford it).
Yes I'm blessed..I got a housing voucher through the VA..but I feel for the natives.

Rent is terrible up here..cheap compared to Jersey though.

And now what passes as the new normal affordable are those bullshyt studios propping up in ballard and wallingford with shared kitchens starting at the low price of $1500 :stopitslime: :trash:

Services for women are shyt in comparison...the shelters here are shyt

Rarely-Wrong Liggins

Name another Liggins hot I'm just honest.
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Staff
Y'all don't seem to understand how high rent is in certain parts of the country. If you read the article, which I doubt many of you did, her new residence is 2k per month and it's a dump with numerous issues. That was the only place she could find that would let her lease. I hate this "living above your means" bullshyt. You sound like the white people you claim to hate. Does everyone belong in a cardboard box or something? This woman's life was ruined by this system of rental serfdom and instead of finding fault with the system you find fault with the victim. This woman was living a middle class life and now she's being thrust into poverty. When are you idiots going to realize that this could be you?

Superstar
Daps
it said she got emergency assistance to pay back the 20K she owed.

the article makes it sound like she missed a month of rent or so. but if she owed that much, I'm led to believe she didn't pay rent for well over 6 months then.
"Her landlords received $19,792.93 of back rent, legal fees and court charges"

it sounded like she got a notice to leave after 1-2 missed payments. it states weeks.

it took her months to find a new place the article states. maybe the months she was apartment searching she was not paying rent at the place she got kicked out from since she'd have to pay like 7k to move into her new place according to the article.

1-2 payments missed + purposely not paying while apartment searching 2-3 months + court and legal fees might equal the 20k

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
She had 7000 dollars in chairs…..

My mama has this same problem,beer money and champagne dreams. Not sure where she got her extravagent taste from. Because weve been poor as long as Ive been alive. She'll do things like get an eviction notice then wait to call for help after shes months behind. Talking about "I didnt want to bother you" lol.But as soon as she finds her way into some money its going right back out. Shes Lil Flip in a 68 year old womans body

"If you see it want it,buy it own it:francis:"

This is what we will have to deal with as black men. Have to reel your woman in while shes young if shes showing signs. And we need to teach the women in our families not to let priblems compound. Because that often comes with interest and late fees. If you need help Id rather you ask early on.

Koli_Kat

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
It’s crazy that on a site that CONSTANTLY tells men not to get married, how horrible marriage is for men but still judges a woman for not being married. Then takes the “independent, don’t need a man” quote from the fukking 90s and tries to attach it to this woman JUST because she’s black so they can find a reason for her to “deserve” this. smfh

Well they tell them that because they truly do want to get married but they quality of women and the direction women are going in isn't the best right now.

The independent need no man thing was just more of poking fun/troll comment for the record.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Y'all don't seem to understand how high rent is in certain parts of the country. If you read the article, which I doubt many of you did, her new residence is 2k per month and it's a dump with numerous issues. That was the only place she could find that would let her lease. I hate this "living above your means" bullshyt. You sound like the white people you claim to hate. Does everyone belong in a cardboard box or something? This woman's life was ruined by this system of rental serfdom and instead of finding fault with the system you find fault with the victim. This woman was living a middle class life and now she's being thrust into poverty. When are you idiots going to realize that this could be you?

That dump was probably $1500 4 years ago. Inflation is hitting everyone at the moment. But if you had been in position to stack a decent ammount of money youd be in a better position. And possibly even able to avoid the evictions in these stories. If she could have saved 500$ a month for 4 years thats 24K.

And maybe she does save,but 5k in jewelry and 7K in chairs also says she may have bad spending habits:francis:

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nicole Chambers takes a selfie during one of her nursing shifts.
She felt it was a fair request. The 44-year-old nursing assistant had paid her $2,490 monthly rent for four years without incident. She always took care of the house, putting any extra cash toward refreshing the paint or decorating. And her landlords knew how hard she had been working in COVID-19 wards treating intensive-care patients up and down the Pacific Northwest.

Something about this seems off. If she was an exemplary tenant, why wouldn’t the landlord give her a few days ?

Hater Eraser

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
That California Lifestyle ...
Its fukked up :francis:

But I know Child Support has financially crippled a bunch a nikkaz .. and put their credit in the toilet :stopitslime:

what-more-do-you-want.gif

But you aint getting NO love breh .. pull yourself up by them bootstraps .. :ufdup:

excited-yay.gif