‘I lost everything’: Black women get evicted more than anyone else. A looming eviction crisis will m

69 others

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually feel bad but at the same time, shows, not entirely in their case but definitely in part and in general, the dangers of various kinds of rhetoric often brandied and repeated in a given community and in this case, the black community. :francis:

Yup. If you go by social media: black women are doing better than anyone else living in luxury while black men are bums. I see so many of these stupid back and forth daily it's sad

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I actually feel bad but at the same time, shows, not entirely in their case but definitely in part and in general, the dangers of various kinds of rhetoric often brandied and repeated in a given community and in this case, the black community. :francis:

"The 44-year-old nursing assistant had paid her $2,490 monthly rent for four years without incident."

Without even knowing this woman,this sounds like a problem based on her job:francis: unless nursing assistants make more than I thought. But then again shes probably getting disability for her son too.

But still,people often take on this kind of a load as soon as they have the chance. Rather than living well below your means and saving money.

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
We need more shelters and public housing for situations like this.
Harsh but it's not the landlords responsibility to carry you when times get hard. Even with that most states make it hard to get tenants out, in my city you can damn near squat for like a year before the police get involved but I know in southern states the laws are more harsh.
That rent she was paying was crazy, that's twice my mortgage and we live in comparable cost of living cities

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
reality doesn't match the TLR rhetoric that the government is out here aiding black women so they don't need men.

Government assistance our women recive,along with child support,along with police protection definitely aid in many of our women thinking/knowing they dont need black men.

Doesnt mean they cant learn the hard way that the Europeans assistance,is not the same as a mans guidance.

The problem with women is they mostly have horrible plans,especially under pressure. But just by their nature of being emotional and less logical in general. They are very likely to make a bad situation worse. Or refuse to walk away when they should,and compound a problem til its out of control.

Mind you I'm not advocsting black women get with any ol black man. Most of us dont have a 1 year plan,letalong a 5. And will have women lost at sea before throwing them overboard. But if a woman finds a knowledgeable black man she should cling to him. And consider becoming a sister wife if applicable.