‘I lost everything’: Black women get evicted more than anyone else. A looming eviction crisis will m

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Oh okay,I figured she was already behind prior to losing her job. Due to getting a notice to vacate so quickly. Who knows why the landlord wants her out. Possibly a racist,possibly wants to sell the house,possibly wants to move in themselves. This is why people have a hard time feeling bad for landlords

Thought so because it is NOT easy to evict someone.

And she couldn't get another contract?

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Nicole Chambers takes a selfie during one of her nursing shifts.
She felt it was a fair request. The 44-year-old nursing assistant had paid her $2,490 monthly rent for four years without incident. She always took care of the house, putting any extra cash toward refreshing the paint or decorating. And her landlords knew how hard she had been working in COVID-19 wards treating intensive-care patients up and down the Pacific Northwest.

Something about this seems off. If she was an exemplary tenant, why wouldn’t the landlord give her a few days ?
I thought the same but I’m taking it at face value. 4 days!?!? You get a late fee before it even goes to court. :yeshrug:

2 sides and the truth. The title says nurse and I’m like how tf? Then it says nursing assistant :stopitslime:.

Paying $2490/month!? Definitely doesn’t scream financially responsible. That’s $29,880/year. She was a contractual employee.

The median salary for a nursing assistant in Seattle is under $37k. Certified Nursing Assistant Salary in Seattle, WA | Salary.com

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I thought the same but I’m taking it at face value. 4 days!?!? You get a late fee before it even goes to court. :yeshrug:

2 sides and the truth. The title says nurse and I’m like how tf? Then it says nursing assistant :stopitslime:.

Paying $2490/month!? Definitely doesn’t scream financially responsible. That’s $29,880/year. She was a contractual employee.

The median salary for a nursing assistant in Seattle is under $37k. Certified Nursing Assistant Salary in Seattle, WA | Salary.com

CNA and RN nurse contracts are paying WELL right now. My homie about to do another contract paying him 90 an hour in Charlotte as an RN. Did one in Christmas 2020 for 121 an hour straight time/181 OT in backwoods Texas for a month. Flew him out, per diem, hotel paid for and everything. You can EAT on contracts. That same contract was paying CNAs 93 an hour/139 OT

IMG-20220405-142817.jpg

She must not have secured another contract which I find "interesting" especially with the demand for them

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
CNA and RN nurse contracts are paying WELL right now. My homie about to do another contract paying him 90 an hour in Charlotte as an RN. Did one in Christmas 2020 for 121 an hour straight time/181 OT in backwoods Texas for a month. Flew him out, per diem, hotel paid for and everything. You can EAT on contracts. That same contract was paying CNAs 93 an hour/139 OT

IMG-20220405-142817.jpg

She must not have secured another contract which I find "interesting" especially with the demand for them
She’s single with kids and likely was securing local contracts so didn’t desire to travel. :yeshrug:

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
"On the day before she moved out of the green house, Chambers sat down to drape her beloved living room furniture in bubble wrap. There was a four-piece Persian set with a sofa and three throne chairs. The chairs had gold, hand-carved roses overlaid with lush fabrics and had cost her $7,000. Chambers lovingly touched each item, the possessions she had worked so hard for."
Yep, that where my sympathy died.

Starburst

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL

Unless it was 4 days after the 60 day notice that she was given?

My point is why was she given 60 day notice if she was such an exemplary tenant?

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
Got damn David Duke :dead:

kinda harsh :picard:
No need for calling me a white suprrmacist, but yall gynocracist typically resort to name calling rather than accountability.

Woman wants to flex in a rental spending money to fix up a rental and living check to check instead of saving.

Guess economics and personal finance are part of the patriarchy and whote supremacy though

franknitty711

All Star
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
messed up on so many levels.....:damn:

this unfortunately is not the first or the last story we will see/hear

A reckoning is coming - inflation is not going away and the more people have less and that camels back is already heavy :birdman:

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
As a Seattle breh, this shyt is real. @RadaMillz @Eastside Get The Money @Howie Doroughberg @Ed MOTHEREFFING G @O Fenômeno

Sadly, the ADOS Black population native to the region is disproportionately not getting ANY of the tech money. They also typically dont have a solid base of family to lean on like the Somalis and Ethiopians who live in in the Rainier Valley and North Seattle/Shoreline.

SO what that means is, given that Black Women are MTL to have children by Black Men, the Black mothers in the Puget Sound area are statistically going to be of low income and more than likely single. And Seattle is arguably the toughest home market in the entire USA with a bad mix of scarcity, high prices, and lack of infrastructure to support living outside of City Limits, especially if you arent a 6 figure breh who works a kush job to support flexible hours and a commute.

And while the South Sound (Tacoma/Olympia) are more affordable, the wages there arent as lucrative and even those areas are getting snatched up by Seattle commuters.

I tagged the other Seattle posters because most of us are transplants and are mostly immune to the rent crisis (my theory is that Black Men arent as vulnerable since the dusties can either shack up with random women and the transplants are probably making more money and can afford it).

I salute anybody working a normal 9-5 living out there (non 6 figure tech job)

My 15 months (Feb 2019-April 2020) out there was cool but I can't fathom how I or anybody else less than $60k was able to make it out there and live in the city.

Somehow some way I made it lol. I spent $1295/mo for a 400 sq ft studio in the International District. I had an Orca pass from my employer, didn't have a whip and was gettin by on anything free whenever I could lol. Shoutout the legal tree that kept me sane and being able to workout and hoop when I wanted ot

Shoutout @Eastside Get The Money, I kicked it with breh a couple times :salute:

Hazel Brown

All Star
Daps