‘I lost everything’: Black women get evicted more than anyone else. A looming eviction crisis will m

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
It’s crazy that on a site that CONSTANTLY tells men not to get married, how horrible marriage is for men but still judges a woman for not being married. Then takes the “independent, don’t need a man” quote from the fukking 90s and tries to attach it to this woman JUST because she’s black so they can find a reason for her to “deserve” this. smfh

Try again

Grow up, find a good woman, settle down, have lots of kids in a loving, supportive household, connect with families on the same time as yours, share knowledge, share resources, each one, teach one.

Only way to beat this.

It’s not gonna be cute, not going to be fun, and none of us will be around to see the real fruits of our labor but so what.

We gotta start somewhere.

MECCA1000

All Star
Daps
She was paying almost $2,500 a month for four years straight. Then the first time she knew she was going to be late by four days, she went and asked the landlord and they went straight to eviction?! That's crazy!
Probably didn't raise her rent because she was already paying above market

I got nothing against renting but I'm not renting a home and trimming hedges, mowing the lawn and all that crap off of my own money along with paying rent ..... nah

She should have been looking for something cheaper or some type of mortgage assistance program to get her own house, instead of spending her money on up keep of a property that wasn't hers

xXOGLEGENDXx

Superstar
Daps
86fc8e180e44f29158930f6afdbcbbb726780972.gifv

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
Landlord a piece of shyt for doin that to a good renter :francis:

But this is exactly why you gotta own. Don't live above your means and stack bread to the point you can do an FHA loan to get a crib, townhouse or condo

Capitalism is not your friend as a renter

it sounds like she was living above her means. she was paying damn near $2500 a month in rent on a nursing assistant salary and it says she was using all her extra money to either fix up the house she didn't own or buy antique furniture for it.

Ashley Banks

All I ever wanted was the world
Daps
Try again

So why did you say “let her dumb independent ass stay married to Uncle Sam” about this hardworking black woman that takes care of the sick for a living that fell on hard times when you don’t even know if those words ever left her mouth? Or do you just decide that because other black women from other generations said that, that this black woman must have?

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
So why did you say “let her dumb independent ass stay married to Uncle Sam” about this hardworking black woman that takes care of the sick for a living that fell on hard times when you don’t even know if those words ever left her mouth? Or do you just decide that because other black women from other generations said that, that this black woman must have?

I didn’t read that shyt and wasn’t talking about her.

Blanket statement in response to the post I quoted.

“Y’all” need to direct your blanket statements elsewhere.

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
As a Seattle breh, this shyt is real. @RadaMillz @Eastside Get The Money @Howie Doroughberg @Ed MOTHEREFFING G @O Fenômeno

Sadly, the ADOS Black population native to the region is disproportionately not getting ANY of the tech money. They also typically dont have a solid base of family to lean on like the Somalis and Ethiopians who live in in the Rainier Valley and North Seattle/Shoreline.

SO what that means is, given that Black Women are MTL to have children by Black Men, the Black mothers in the Puget Sound area are statistically going to be of low income and more than likely single. And Seattle is arguably the toughest home market in the entire USA with a bad mix of scarcity, high prices, and lack of infrastructure to support living outside of City Limits, especially if you arent a 6 figure breh who works a kush job to support flexible hours and a commute.

And while the South Sound (Tacoma/Olympia) are more affordable, the wages there arent as lucrative and even those areas are getting snatched up by Seattle commuters.

I tagged the other Seattle posters because most of us are transplants and are mostly immune to the rent crisis (my theory is that Black Men arent as vulnerable since the dusties can either shack up with random women and the transplants are probably making more money and can afford it).

Daps
Reppin
NULL
"The 44-year-old nursing assistant had paid her $2,490 monthly rent for four years without incident."

Without even knowing this woman,this sounds like a problem based on her job:francis: unless nursing assistants make more than I thought. But then again shes probably getting disability for her son too.

But still,people often take on this kind of a load as soon as they have the chance. Rather than living well below your means and saving money.

She had 7000 dollars in chairs…..

Marc Spector

the 4'11 Cuban
Daps
Reppin
The Milky Way
Shes an idiot paying that much in rent for years. Mortgage gang for the win. The situation clearly shows she was living check to check. No future plans. Did she think she could rent from this one place forever?

Im wiling to bet I make twice her income at minimum and I cannot afford a decent home in the Seattle metro area. And it didnt just start during Covid. Washington home prices been crazy for almost 15 years, at least.