I just spent a week in Havana, Cuba. AMA.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Think a breh can get by with a translation app to help

Inquiring for friends
It will help. Make sure you download it before traveling because the wifi is HORRIBLE down there. I didn't download the app until my second day there when I was able to get a good connection. Make sure you get the app that works offline.

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Me and the wifey went a few years back and it only ran us like $1300 for a week long all inclusive in Veradero. Took the catamaran trip, did the Havana tour. The catamaran trip was amazing. Had lunch in Cayo Blanco. There was a crazy hurricane in the Caribbean when we went, but away from Cuba. So at night id just post up on the beach with a few little cigarillos and watch the lighting. The morning on the beach sucked though. Little invisible Flys that bit the shyt out of me. Canadians are their number 1 tourists. Also got offered Coke/heroine/weed within 5 mins of first touching the beach. Turned that shyt down.

Yea and 1300 is on the high end and thats relatively cheap compared to most other caribbean destinations....

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Saturday Night I was in a club called "Fabrica de Arte Cubano" which is like 3-4 clubs in one. They play a variety of music there and drinks are good. I saw a BAD chick that looked like a prime Kenya Moore. I approached her and asked if she spoke English and she said a little. So I bought her a drink and started talking. I downloaded a translator app on my phone so I can type in English and it translate to Spanish and vice versa.

Anyways it was close to midnight and after chatting for a few minutes I tell/type her I want to see her outside the club. She smiles at me types in Spanish that how much will I give her. I was like :stopitslime: because I wasn't trying to pay but chick was so bad that I was like fukk it. I offered her 2000 pesos which is like 77 American dollars which is almost double what most cubans make. She said give me $200 American dollars. I then typed 3000 pesos and that's it. She then says 10000 pesos and I'm hers for all night. 10,000 pesos is almost $400 American dollars. I told her no thanks and I wish her luck in a future endeavors and started walking off when she grabbed my arm and then typed give her $300 dollars for a taxi home. I asked her what do I get for return and she said "friendship for life which is worth it!"and had a grin like :mjgrin:

I told her I got plenty of female friends and I don't need another. :unimpressed: She then kissed me on the cheek and thanked me for the drink.

Part two is next.

Breaux you should learn spanish and go back,the key to enjoying these spanish countries is knowing the language makes a huge difference in the attention you get and what ur able to do....

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Did you stay in Havana the entire time? , also ..once you land in cuba ...are you free to do anything you want? or are there certain restricted areas?

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
Did you stay in Havana the entire time? , also ..once you land in cuba ...are you free to do anything you want? or are there certain restricted areas?

I wouldnt say restricted areas but you see alot of police around that bother locals and tell them to leave you alone or not go near tourists in general....several locals that tried to approach me or talk to me were told to get lost by police/security......that happened a few times when i was walking around Havana....They let the tourists roam free and spend money but they dont want there own people getting too close...

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
If any of y'all make it down there, bring your own condiments. They don't do Heinz ketchup, or hot sauce or anything. Got their own branda and they mostly taste shytty. I brought ketchup, hotsauce etc. Left them with the bar when I left. They appreciate that shyt. Also bring lots of mini toothpastes or soaps. Little dollar store toiletries. Leave them for your room maids. They will appreciate that very much. They don't get a lot there. So stuff like that helps. Old cloths that still look dope, bring them and give them to the hotel staff or locals. I gave my chef my baseball hat. He loved it. Small things go a long way there...

Cuban Pete

Aka 305DeadCounty
Daps
Reppin
SOHH ICEY MONOPOLY
Saturday Night I was in a club called "Fabrica de Arte Cubano" which is like 3-4 clubs in one. They play a variety of music there and drinks are good. I saw a BAD chick that looked like a prime Kenya Moore. I approached her and asked if she spoke English and she said a little. So I bought her a drink and started talking. I downloaded a translator app on my phone so I can type in English and it translate to Spanish and vice versa.

Anyways it was close to midnight and after chatting for a few minutes I tell/type her I want to see her outside the club. She smiles at me types in Spanish that how much will I give her. I was like :stopitslime: because I wasn't trying to pay but chick was so bad that I was like fukk it. I offered her 2000 pesos which is like 77 American dollars which is almost double what most cubans make. She said give me $200 American dollars. I then typed 3000 pesos and that's it. She then says 10000 pesos and I'm hers for all night. 10,000 pesos is almost $400 American dollars. I told her no thanks and I wish her luck in a future endeavors and started walking off when she grabbed my arm and then typed give her $300 dollars for a taxi home. I asked her what do I get for return and she said "friendship for life which is worth it!"and had a grin like :mjgrin:

I told her I got plenty of female friends and I don't need another. :unimpressed: She then kissed me on the cheek and thanked me for the drink.

Part two is next.

Yea the hoes there are like prime creme de la creme finessers, cuban erykah badu/lauryn hill type jawns frequent that place, if you can get into a conversation with a woman on the street without the state security harassing you you could easily bag one that will stay with you the whole week, cook clean and look out for you whenever you come through for like 80. Cuban women are more into playing the girlfriend, wifey role when theyre tricking because prostitution is a way of life and its not really frowned up culturally, its called "jineterismo" aka "horse jockeying". Theyll fukk with you as long as you can take care of them or their family a little bit and your not disrespectful about it, if your handsome gang or at least know how to clean up and not fat theyll even present you to friends and family. But you know they're getting more hip to the game so Im not surprised she tried you like that, you probably couldve talked that shyt way way down cause it seem like she was feeling you with the kiss on the cheek, good on you for keeping the pimp hand strong tho lol. But yea in the clubs most definitely thats whats going on, I had to refresh my street slang and go outside wearing Adidas joggers and slides to fit the part they were preying on me in my regular clothes :dead:

Make some friends over there and get you somebody of decent character that would change the money for you on the informal market, the commies are raping pockets

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Did you smoke a Cuban?
Do they have museums there for the revolution?
I didn't smoke any cigars while there but was able to bring a box of ten home. American customs won't let you bring rum or cigars from Cuba. When I got to customs in Ft. Lauderdale, they searched my luggage. I told them I got cigars and thought they were going to trash it. The customs dude looked at me like :comeon: and "you know you can’t be this stuff to the states right." He looked through more of my stuff and said Merry Christmas and put the cigars back in my back. I think if I would have lied and said I didn't have any cigars and he found them then he would have trashed them but since I was honest, he let me keep them.

Last edited: