I just spent a week in Havana, Cuba. AMA.

Wiseborn

Superstar
Daps
Food was OK. Nothing to write home about. Not really a lot of grocery stores but the ones they do don't have much. They have a lot of markets selling stuff though like fruits, candy, water, etc.
whar was the Hotel like? I heard that they have dudes or at least the people that you deal with under surveiliance.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Saturday Night I was in a club called "Fabrica de Arte Cubano" which is like 3-4 clubs in one. They play a variety of music there and drinks are good. I saw a BAD chick that looked like a prime Kenya Moore. I approached her and asked if she spoke English and she said a little. So I bought her a drink and started talking. I downloaded a translator app on my phone so I can type in English and it translate to Spanish and vice versa.

Anyways it was close to midnight and after chatting for a few minutes I tell/type her I want to see her outside the club. She smiles at me types in Spanish that how much will I give her. I was like :stopitslime: because I wasn't trying to pay but chick was so bad that I was like fukk it. I offered her 2000 pesos which is like 77 American dollars which is almost double what most cubans make. She said give me $200 American dollars. I then typed 3000 pesos and that's it. She then says 10000 pesos and I'm hers for all night. 10,000 pesos is almost $400 American dollars. I told her no thanks and I wish her luck in a future endeavors and started walking off when she grabbed my arm and then typed give her $300 dollars for a taxi home. I asked her what do I get for return and she said "friendship for life which is worth it!"and had a grin like :mjgrin:

I told her I got plenty of female friends and I don't need another. :unimpressed: She then kissed me on the cheek and thanked me for the drink.

Part two is next.

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
How much did you spend on the trip? what’s an average amount somebody should take to enjoy the country?

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Was it simple getting there? Did you have to get any special paperwork, visas, or permits? My wife and I plan to go in the future, maybe even for our anniversary.
You have to get a travel visa for Cuba at the airport. It's about $80. It's basically covers the cost if you get sick or hurt or whatever down there. They require a negative covid test but when I got to the airport, nobody asked about it. When coming back to the states, you need to have a negative test and that THEY will require the results.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
How much did you spend on the trip? what’s an average amount somebody should take to enjoy the country?
My plane ticket was around $380 and my hostal was about $200 so I would say $600. Now spending money down there, a safe bet is $1000 but I only took $500.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
Its sad ive been to Cuba 3 times in the last decade,you take it for granted living up here....its so cheap and easy you could do it once a year if you wanted...

Me and the wifey went a few years back and it only ran us like $1300 for a week long all inclusive in Veradero. Took the catamaran trip, did the Havana tour. The catamaran trip was amazing. Had lunch in Cayo Blanco. There was a crazy hurricane in the Caribbean when we went, but away from Cuba. So at night id just post up on the beach with a few little cigarillos and watch the lighting. The morning on the beach sucked though. Little invisible Flys that bit the shyt out of me. Canadians are their number 1 tourists. Also got offered Coke/heroine/weed within 5 mins of first touching the beach. Turned that shyt down.

MollyGalaga

+*++****+*+*+*=*++*.*+
Daps
Reppin
HTX
Very friendly. I don't speak Spanish but you can walk up to them and try to have a conversation. From what local dudes told me about the women down there, they are very friendly and approachable. Obviously being American they'll be more friendly but if you can speak some Spanish, you'll REALLY EAT.
Think a breh can get by with a translation app to help

Inquiring for friends

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
whar was the Hotel like? I heard that they have dudes or at least the people that you deal with under surveiliance.
My hotel was a house owned by some Italian who wasn’t there. The house was built in the 1920s. Basically I rented a room. The room had a queen sized bed, a fridge, bathroom, and safe. The hostess lived with their family in another part of the house. They were super friendly and made me breakfast every morning. You honestly don't need much since most of the time in cuba you'll be outside. You really just need a place to shower, sleep, and keep your stuff.

From what I was told, pretty much anywhere Americans are staying is under surveillance. I didn't feel like I was followed by anyone but I probably was. The tour guides I had for the first two days talked shyt about the government and communism freely. They said things have gotten a lot better since Fidel was gone but not too much. They said if Fidel was alive and still in power, we wouldn't be having this conversation.