I hope Gamepass model doesn’t catch on in the gaming industry

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Halo and The Medium coming out this year

2021: Psychonauts and possibly Hellblade

2022: Two of either Hellblade, Avowed, Fable; Gears 6, or Compulsions new game will drop that year

2023: Iniative's game coupled w/ what didn't come out in 2021 will drop in 2023.

I'm willing to bet that of these announced games/unannounced titles in development, all but Compulsion's new game will be great titles :manny:

We're not even getting to additional 3rd party games that will be added to GP, or have we touched on games like SOD3 and Everwild which are wildcards.

Us GamePass gang are set :hubie:

Last edited:

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I hope you "I don't have to pay $60 for games" dudes didn't buy Modern Warfare, Doom Eternal, Battlefield, Resident Evil 3, Mortal Kombat 11, Red Dead 2, Assassin's Creed Origins/Oddyssey, The Division 2 etc. Since a lot of games don't come to Gamepass day 1.

Gamepass is great for indie games and stuff but you're kidding yourself if you want people to believe that you haven't bought any games at all in the past few years due to gamepass. I'd bet most of you bought RDR2 at launch since it didn't come to GP until May 2020 after it released Oct 2018.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Halo and The Medium coming out this year

2021: Psychonauts and possibly Hellblade

2022: Two of either Hellblade, Avowed, Fable; Gears 6, or Compulsions new game will drop that year

2023: Iniative's game coupled w/ what didn't come out in 2021 will drop in 2023.

I'm willing to bet that of these announced games/unannounced titles in development, all but Compulsion's new game will be great titles :manny:

We're not even getting to additional 3rd party games that will be added to GP, or have we touched on games like SOD3 and Everwild which are wildcards.

Us GamePass gang are set :hubie:
You don't buy any games at launch? I doubt it because most of the big games don't come to Gamepass until years later. I just peeped RDR2 ain't drop till May 2020 when it came out in Oct.2018. That means dudes are paying for something just to wait for up to 2 years or more to say they didn't buy some AAA game.

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
I hope you "I don't have to pay $60 for games" dudes didn't buy Modern Warfare, Doom Eternal, Battlefield, Resident Evil 3, Mortal Kombat 11, Assassin's Creed Origins/Oddyssey, The Division 2 etc. Since a lot of games don't come to Gamepass day 1.

Gamepass is great for indie games and stuff but you're kidding yourself if you want people to believe that you haven't bought any games at all in the past few years due to gamepass.

Its easy these days to play AAA games w/o paying $60, especially on PC :hubie:

I've played Jedi Fallen Order day 1 through EA Access ($15 for 1 month)

Doom Eternal day 1 off Greenmangamin(8% off)

The only times I've paid $60 since getting a PC, was when I copped TLOU2; Ghosts, Paper Mario, and Luigi's Mansion all at launch :hubie:

I'll prolly get Cyberpunk day 1 for $50 off a keys cite

Watch Dogs Legion can be played through Uplay sub :hubie:

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I get gears of war for $10:blessed:

12 months later realizes u paid $120 for a game u dropped after 1 month:dwillhuh:

Throws game pass in the bushes :camby:

oh shyt new gears content:whew:

Fires up Gears

ACESS DENIED RENEW YOUR GAMEPASS SUB

so u now u got to pay to play a game u already put mad hours.

Lol

fukk xbox
In that case just by the game?

FappleMeOff

All Star
Daps
Gamepass is an amazing deal if you have time to play tons of games :leon:

Unfortunately I usually don’t have that much time or if I do it’s usually spent playing 1 or 2 games I really love.

Wouldn’t be a bad thing for Sony or Nintendo to have something similar. No harm really

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Breh. HBO and Neflix produce movies and tv series that are right up there with the cost of any Sony AAA title. Some surpass it.

People will subscribe to watch Game of Thrones and then cancel right after. I did it with House of Cards and Netflix back in the day before coming back to it for good. That's not stopping HBO and Netlfix from making more high budget content.

The subscription model has been proven. The people who are going to subscribe and cancel are factored into the money making calculation.
This doesn't correlate at all :dead:

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
:mjlol: The fans wanted Fable and State of Decay 3 to be MMO-like. Those are bad examples.

:mjlol:Halo Infinite is going to be something that consumers can keep coming back to, like 2K and Madden. Whats wrong with that?

:mjlol: Name a classic game that folks played once and stopped? Every consensus great game is one that has replay value, so if Microsoft is giving you an entire library of games with replay value, that's a GOOD thing.

:mjlol: All the studios that Microsoft has on it's roster are developers that make solid games (Psychonauts developer, Obsidian, ect.). This fear of games having lower quality has yet to be proven. If anything the games have to be that much BETTER to keep people subscribed.

While i agree with your other points i disagree with this. There are quite a few rpgs that i feel are some of the best games ever and i never replayed them because i already spent 40-70 hours completing them.

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
While i agree with your other points i disagree with this. There are quite a few rpgs that i feel are some of the best games ever and i never replayed them because i already spent 40-70 hours completing them.

:mjlol: I agree, some of my favorite all time games are RPG. I would argue if you're spending 70 hours to complete the game, that IS replay value, because you're taking your time to do every little thing and not just running through the story.

O³ (O cubed)

No more PAWGs, PLEASE??!!!??
Daps
Reppin
Hackney, London
Brehs are still arguing about this?

:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

Gamepass is good value but for me, I like to own & buy my games. I don't even play my PS plus games.

However because of it I got to play Gears 5 for free. If I had paid full price for that game, and I'd be disappointed

Last edited:

MeachTheMonster

YourFriendlyHoodMonster
Daps
Reppin
Tha Land
Ed1uOwCXsAEOqL-
All for ~$10 a month.

Is somehow a bad thing :wow:

Doomsday

Superstar
Daps
Gamepass is great for indie games and stuff but you're kidding yourself if you want people to believe that you haven't bought any games at all in the past few years due to gamepass. I'd bet most of you bought RDR2 at launch since it didn't come to GP until May 2020 after it released Oct 2018.

:mjlol:Naw, I knew RDR2 would be on gamepass. I didn't pay a dime. The only game I purchased was 2k20.

:mjlol:Waiting for Borderlands 3 to drop on gamepass as well.