I hope Gamepass model doesn’t catch on in the gaming industry

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
:mjlol:It's accurate of Sony. Only 3 decent exclusives in it's entire gen, and you have to pay 60 dollars 25 times just to find the 3 decent ones.

:mjlol: Xbox won. All their games are free, and they're equal or better than anything Sony has.
Man what:mjlol:

I absolutely hate paying $60 for video games That's almost the reason why I stopped playing them all together.

The subscription model service has got me playing more games now.

Sony going to be ok Jesus.

STOP THE CONSOLE WARRING 2020

If I was modded up I would start handing out swift bans for console warring threads straight up.
:mjlol:

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
When does Halo drop? If they got a year or so I expect it to be up to par with the visuals

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
GDC has released its annual State of the Industry survey of 4,000 developers, over one-fourth of which were concerned such models would devalue games. But another fourth weren't worried at all. 28% acknowledged subscriptions "might" devalue games, and 18% said they didn't know.

"I feel the f2p ad-based strategy is driving the mobile market into a crappy one, full of clickbaity small experiences," said one respondent. "A fixed price for a huge list of free games to play might be a good way to give the video game art form some freedom back, so we can make good experiences that don't need to last more than it asks for just to make more money, engage, retain, monetize, and so on."

Another developer commented: "The payback rates for most content creators in subscription-based models cannot justify the cost to make the products subscribers use. This is true in every medium that has taken this approach in the last decade. Music artists do not make enough from Spotify, et al, to finance the production of future music...even the top tier artists. Why would games be different?

"Unless the lion's share of revenue from a subscription service goes to the game creators, it's untenable in the long term. And, even if the bulk of revenue diverts to the creators, it will still create a situation where large AAA studios able to create blockbuster-style hype will end up succeeding, while indies will receive even less than they already do."

Uncertainty may be one of the reasons why so few developers are, at least for now, using such a model to monetize. 8% of those surveyed said the game they were currently making would be part of an offering like Apple Arcade or Xbox Game Pass; 6% said they used a subscription specific to their game (such as a World of Warcraft subscription).
Developers are divided on how subscription services will affect game values

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
:mjlol:It's accurate of Sony. Only 3 decent exclusives in it's entire gen, and you have to pay 60 dollars 25 times just to find the 3 decent ones.

:mjlol: Xbox won. All their games are free, and they're equal or better than anything Sony has.
I honestly cant tell if you are being serious or just making fun of xbots with these hot takes lol.

Obreh Winfrey

Truly Brehthtaking
Supporter
Daps
nikka we saw it with our own eyes when Microsoft's largest IP came out looking like Larry Holmes flabby and sick. Like this ain't Fable or MechAssualt, THIS IS HALO! The game that gave the XBOX credibility back in 2001, the game that grabbed the baton from Goldeneye on N64 and said "I got it from here".

HALO Infinite looked like shyt, the crown freaking jewel of the XBOX...with that, Microsoft is setting the tone for everything that is to follow. You can delude yourself all you want but everyone else sees Microsoft releasing a AA version of it's largest IP, giving it away for free on subscription, and doubling down on monetization with GAAS.
It sounds like your argument here with the Halo example is that good graphics = high quality game. Good gameplay makes a high quality game, graphics are just the cherry on top.

Deuterion

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LBC
It sounds like your argument here with the Halo example is that good graphics = high quality game. Good gameplay makes a high quality game, graphics are just the cherry on top.

Graphics ain’t everything but when you keep talking about the power of your console and 12TFlops and then your leading IP looks worse than PS4 games, it’s a problem.

But the gameplay looked average too, same damn enemies since 2001, shyt is played out.

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!

Nobody takes you seriously dog ....