I had no idea bikes were expensive

Daps
Them walmart bikes are like 200 but when I asked at a bike shop they told me they were shyt quality and they'll assemble them all fukked up

I think ill still try to get a cheap one I don't need a fancy ass bike. I just need one of them bikes the homeless dudes roll around in

JT-Money

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Them walmart bikes are like 200 but when I asked at a bike shop they told me they were shyt quality and they'll assemble them all fukked up

I think ill still try to get a cheap one I don't need a fancy ass bike. I just need one of them bikes the homeless dudes roll around in
Last time I was in a Wal-Mart they we're completely sold out of bikes.

Last edited:

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
I'm starting use my bike to get to clients every other day. Miles are adding up quick

A9xC3vn.jpg

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
bbreh i only ride bespoke/custom bikes, seeing as i buy each part myself and then build it as well. i dont think eveery bike is trash, but you got finessed, point blank. those companies you listed are LIFESTYLE brands, not reputable cycling companies. they are selling a lifestyle image, not quality. look at all the varied merch on their site :mjlol: they will never hold up to actually quality from actual cycling companies. you are paying for lifestyle

the bolded is a complete lie about the price of the parts. nothing on that bike is worth more than $60 besides the stem $80, the wheels that are $100 for both (which is very cheap for a wheelset) and brooks stuff. bike probably worth $1K with literally everything included on it (saddle bag included)

a lot of the components i googled popped back to this velo-orange site that sells the parts for $35/$40

that bike is a complete scam :mjlol: really just a marked up version of those bike urban outfitters used to sell back in the day
Breh really did get got.
Gotta be careful about "lifestyle" bike brands

GnauzBookOfRhymes

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So I’m trying to get a decent bike and go riding on a bike trail. Haven’t had one since I was in middle school. I’m thinking couple of hundred bucks will do the trick :ehh:

Come to find out they’re over $1000 and some cost more than 5k :mindblown:

With that kind of money, you can put a down payment on ur favorite car. They tripping.

breh you don't really need a $1,000 bike. Just get a cheap one and enjoy. Super expensive bikes IMO are more of a status symbol for MOST bikers. Yes, if you're into time trials etc then yes it makes a difference particularly because of the weight etc, but honestly it's not that serious.

Savvir

Veteran
Daps
breh you don't really need a $1,000 bike. Just get a cheap one and enjoy. Super expensive bikes IMO are more of a status symbol for MOST bikers. Yes, if you're into time trials etc then yes it makes a difference particularly because of the weight etc, but honestly it's not that serious.
If you want a bike you can rely on for the next 10-15 years. $1k is about the minimum you want to spend.