I had no idea bikes were expensive

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
If you want a bike you can rely on for the next 10-15 years. $1k is about the minimum you want to spend.

Yeah, I like riding so much I ended up dropping about $4k into my current bike which was custom made. I didn't do it to go any faster but rather because I figured it would be something that I'll end up keeping for thirty years or so if all goes well. Custom fitted, I worked with the builder and chose the geometry, lugs and tubing all to my specific desires.

ZE83pPTl.jpg

Otovkdql.jpg

FALZfbSl.jpg

x7nn0vNl.jpg

m85ZKli.jpg

Last edited:

old_timer

Taxi Squad
Daps
I've had the same bike for 15+ years.. It cost $1800 used
I can't really ride anymore due to knee issue, but I did have a few 5k years early on
Ive put in less than 700 miles so far this year.. Most of those were before May 1
I am pre- registered for local fall century ride.. I will be doing the "classic" course (modest hills) though
So :lupe:someone do a hot take..
please tell me how much i overpaid?!?!
Am i compensating for something??
The lbs charge me $30 for a tuneup..
Do they mock me behind my back???

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Some of these bikes cost as much as a lightly used car. The stuff the pros ride can hit well over $10K.

OP, if you wanna save some costs, see if you can find a shop that actually makes bikes. I copped a bike from a mom & pop store for $300 last year (Trek Multi-Track). They took parts of different bikes and put it together.

It's a good hybrid bike for within the city. You can do 20 mile rides with no problem. Only spend big money if you're really into the hobby.

Stir Fry

Dipped in Sauce
Supporter
Daps
For components, check out chain reaction cycles and wiggle. They're european companies, but the prices are retarded cheap and shipping is fast. I actually got some bar tape coming on the 20th that I ordered last night.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
Last time I was in a Wal-Mart they we're completely sold out of bikes.
yeah, if you walk into any of the Targets and Walmarts right now, the bike racks are empty since the pandemic hit
the bike trails are packed all day, every day in the DMV, can barely go a half mile full speed especially on nice days because of all the folks riding bikes with their kids especially