I had no idea bikes were expensive

bnew

Veteran
Daps
is this bike worth getting for $300 ?

firefox-j0k-RJAm8qm.png

edit: I think this is a scam. I sent two emails yesterday and got no response. today i figured it might have been caught in their spam box so i sent another email from a gmail address and i got a reply to both email addresses within one hour. same exact msg except each email had a different email address they want me to reply to so we can complete the transaction :rudy:

Last edited:

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
So I’m trying to get a decent bike and go riding on a bike trail. Haven’t had one since I was in middle school. I’m thinking couple of hundred bucks will do the trick :ehh:

Come to find out they’re over $1000 and some cost more than 5k :mindblown:

With that kind of money, you can put a down payment on ur favorite car. They tripping.
They actually aren't.. I wanted one before the pandemic and the same bike that was $200 is now $500

There is a bike, gym equipment, pools, basically anything outside related..... is on a shortage and everyone is racking up the prices 200%-500% percent..

Black Haven

We will find another road to glory!!!
Daps
Why is Mountain bike riding so damn expensive? But can’t lie it looks fun as hell and more of a whole body work out compared to road biking.

I would not mind learning to do this but them prices for a quality mountain bike are just ridiculous :why:

bnew

Veteran
Daps
is the TERN joe D24 worth $600. I'm fixated on getting a foldable mountain bike.

Optimus Prime

#AGGIEPRIDE
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NC A&T SU, Hornets, Panthers, North Carolina
I finally went by the bike shop i bought my Cannondale from and noticed the sales floor was full of bikes so I went in:leon:
All the bikes that were on the floor were bikes being serviced waiting for the owners to come pick them up:dwillhuh:
Only bikes they had for sale were 3 or 4 E-Bikes starting in the $5K range:damn:
Then I went to the Walmart to check out the bike section and saw this:gucci:

9hIXMCM.jpg

bnew

Veteran
Daps
i've been riding for two months now at least 2-4 days a week for at least an hour each time. How long is it gonna take to strengthen my calves? everybody passes me :picard: except the little kids:mjlol: .

i think i ride about 8-10 miles each cycling session, at least that what some route planners show. i've seen people on cycling forums talk about 12+ miles commutes :sadcam: or 2+ hours cycling sessions and i'm wondering if that comes from years of experience. How long do people typically ride for before they take a break? how long do they break for?

Bubba T

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Riding fast depends on your bike and your fitness. If you have two people with similar builds and similar fitness, the guy with better gear is going to have the edge. If you are on a road bike and someone is on a hybrid and they are passing you, it could be your fitness needs improving. If you want to improve your times by fitness, you just need to keep riding for longer durations. Exercising with a focus on your core strength will also lead to better rides.

Also, don’t sweat your commutes. Ride at your own pace and slowly challenge yourself. I started riding again in June and was only doing 5-12 miles. I’ve been doing 20 mile rides regularly, but it doesn’t really feel like it as I’ve been riding around my city and stopping when I need to.

Hijo de luna

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
i've been riding for two months now at least 2-4 days a week for at least an hour each time. How long is it gonna take to strengthen my calves? everybody passes me :picard: except the little kids:mjlol: .

i think i ride about 8-10 miles each cycling session, at least that what some route planners show. i've seen people on cycling forums talk about 12+ miles commutes :sadcam: or 2+ hours cycling sessions and i'm wondering if that comes from years of experience. How long do people typically ride for before they take a break? how long do they break for?
If you want to get fitter and faster check out this brother's channel.