I gotta confess something. Been thinking a lot about it.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
When it comes to space odyssey’s Star Trek kicks Star Wars ass.

Star Wars had me until the prequels came out. Then all the Disney+ stories was the nail in the coffin.

Star Trek is consistently good and relatively science based.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
I used to not care for Star Trek until I saw the first JJ Abrams film in 2009. It inspired me to go buy the OG movies box set and then the OG TV series boxset. Then, after I got finished with all of that, I figured “fukk it.” so I went and bought The Next Generation stuff too. I still like Star Wars more even though Disney has brought it down to the point where there might be no upturn in sight.

It’s cool to know that MLK was a Trekkie though.

Breh13

Smh.
Supporter
Daps
I’m feeling the newer Star Trek movies and TV shows the old stuff feels to cringe to me dunno why. Sisko ST wasn’t bad though.

I feel you on Star Wars, feels like when they just use the extended background universe it’s a better watch. I do like the Jedi lore and stuff.

Acolyte for example. Proper dogshyt.

Andor and first season Mando was good though.

I do like the games most though. Definitely the best medium.

Lord_nikon

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
imma star wars crack whore,, but I do enjoy star trak, I have seen all the movies and watch Star Trek: Strange New Worlds, right i need to finish watching Star Trek: Picard

I couldn't get into the 60s 70's 80's 90's shows tho

Vandelay

Waxing Intellectual
Daps
Reppin
Phi Chi Connection
I agree. I never really been about Star Wars. I mean elements of it were great; Darth Vader, the spaceship design, all the different intergalactic communities comingling like the start of colonialism, the sequential movie structure...but in general I don't care for the space opera aesthetic.

I like Star Trek because I think it's a more realistic and I'm hopeful for a future (I know Star Wars is the past) that kinda resembles that.

Even the new movies have a better feel than most of the Star Wars movies.

Amo Husserl

Superstar
Daps
Boba Fett was that dude, he held Lord Vader down in The Empire Strikes Back.

Star Wars
got it's own lore that, to me, is more popular than Star Trek, but Star Trek is the better option for a mature audience.

blockburna420

Consecutive thumbs up
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
It's 6 in one hand and 1/2 dozen in the other for me. I remember I used to be into the star wars books when I was younger and the books is what really boosted them for me.