I FINALLY saw City of God. :wow:

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
I used to go downtown Toronto on Carlton street (pause) and catch flicks at the small theatre... I randomly caught this there and loved it. A year later it won an Oscar and was re-released in theatres. One of my favs for sure.
Not to be that guy but It didnt win an Oscar. Was nominated for 4 but best foreign language film was NOT of them. A goddamn shame. Some film I never heard of won.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Not to be that guy but It didnt win an Oscar. Was nominated for 4 but best foreign language film was NOT of them. A goddamn shame. Some film I never heard of won.
OK didn't know I remember it was nominated I assumed it won. But it got re-released into theatres after the Oscar buzz I remember that.

trick

sleeping
Supporter
Daps
One of the greatest of all time.

I highly suggest checking out the mini-series City of Men. Not as great but still good. It's set in modern times and uses a lot of the same actors.They then made a film called City of Men wrapping it all up.

City of Men is a really short watch too. Every episode is like 30 mins long and it's only 4 seasons, 5 episodes a season. The acting is great, especially from the leads. Definitely recommend watching it.

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky
I just watched it again last night. :wow:

This time it was much better and I understood the story more.
Same here watched it again last night. Excellent film.

I remember I met this bytch through work and she came over wanted to watch a movie so I threw this on, midway through she fukkin spazzed out all mad cuz she never knew of the movie and how great it was. She thought she was a movie buff I guess.

Anyways I fukked her shortly after that. Good p*ssy.

Good times.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Same here watched it again last night. Excellent film.

I remember I met this bytch through work and she came over wanted to watch a movie so I threw this on, midway through she fukkin spazzed out all mad cuz she never knew of the movie and how great it was. She thought she was a movie buff I guess.

Anyways I fukked her shortly after that. Good p*ssy.

Good times.
I watched the movie last night with my ex and the first time with a friend of my ex. :skip:

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
My fav movie of all time.

Benny was one of the coolest movie characters of all time too.
true. It was impossible to dislike that guy
the best scene with him was when he came through the crack house rocking the hippie gear talking about he's a playboy now :lolbron:
goons was literally looking at him with the :dahell: face

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
true. It was impossible to dislike that guy
the best scene with him was when he came through the crack house rocking the hippie gear talking about he's a playboy now :lolbron:
goons was literally looking at him with the :dahell: face
benny.png

BENNY DA GAWD

m809k5.jpg