I FINALLY saw City of God. :wow:

calh45

Cal
Daps
This movie cant be remade because it's perfect. Would be a travesty if they tried to and would make no sense since it's movie about Rio.

This is a travesty, but they still went and did it and so was Gods of Egypt. They'll move it to a trailer park in the Appalachians and make it about meth instead then call it a comin of age movie that's a hard look at the underbelly of America. I've learned not to underestimate Hollywood's commitment to destroying a classic if it means more money

Poetical Poltergeist

Precise and cold hearted
Daps
Reppin
Mile in the Sky

This is a travesty, but they still went and did it and so was Gods of Egypt. They'll move it to a trailer park in the Appalachians and make it about meth instead then call it a comin of age movie that's a hard look at the underbelly of America. I've learned not to underestimate Hollywood's commitment to destroying a classic if it means more money

True.

But COG is too unique. Can't be done.

CodeBlaMeVi

I love not to know so I can know more...
Supporter
Daps
Not only that but the direction and cinematography are next level and mainly the reason it's as revered as it is. Just no way to even remake something that perfect.
It was no need to argue the aesthetics. At least, it won big in Brazil. The Academy fumbled on that. I have to get it on DVD. Instantly moved into top 5 fave.

No Ma’am

Bang, Bang, Bang
Daps

Lil Ze had a good heart, fair but tough
full