I FINALLY saw City of God. :wow:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Instantly became one of my favorite movies after watching it. Its only second to Goodfellas

They way the story was told, and how you got to know all the characters. shyt is flawless.

CJ

Your objective semi-troll
Daps
Reppin
6ix
Fantastic movie. the editing and cinematography is crazy. :wow: Easily one of the best movies I've seen.
One of the GOAT movies :yes:

City of Men (Film based off a TV series that was made after City of God) isn't too bad either. Not as good as City of God, or a sequel to it, but still worth a watch I'd say.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
tumblr_mc97iolfrj1qg39ewo1_500.gif

tumblr_lpus8hAWMY1qeyr4lo1_500.gif

dabestkeptsecret

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
jerz
You know Benny was cool when he could take the main character's chick and you don't even get mad at him :wow:
I think that and the chick was also pretty cool. When she was chilling with rocket, that white dude was still part of their crew, even though she dumped him :manny:
Plus wtf could rocket could do if benny wanted his girl :heh:. If he said anything sideways to benny about it, lil ze would've been at his door :demonic:

Something I picked up after watching this movie recently, but is it me or was lil ze secretly in love with benny. He didnt shed a tear when his own brother died,and had no problem killing kids or shooting friends, but when benny died, he was even more emotional than benny's girl:scusthov:

Type Username Here

Not a new member
Daps
Reppin
humans
One of the greatest of all time.

I highly suggest checking out the mini-series City of Men. Not as great but still good. It's set in modern times and uses a lot of the same actors.They then made a film called City of Men wrapping it all up.

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
One of my favorite movies ever, nothin needs to be said about Benny shyt was a damn shame....:to:

Knockout Ned's transformation tho, Ze turned him into a stone cold gangsta....:banderas:

The Coochie Assassin

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
RD4L
yo i saw a trailer of the 10 year anniversary of the film...it was a documentary about where the stars of the film are now...anybody got a link to it...i found a vimeo link with a password but it didn't work...i really wanna see it, seems good