I f*cking hate my job!!!!! (Life rant)

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Man I hate to even go in on the OP cause he seems like a dude with his head on level, but I gotta question some of the narratives he holds.

Stop wasting your time complaining about "hipsters" in NYC and focus on getting your grind on.

I was just venting my g...is that wrong...it that illegal? Shouldn't be.

And yes...I have been.

NYSTATEOFMIND

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#byrdgang...Bleedin Green
Parental supplements. Yes. I'm not proud of it. My rent is 850 and my dad's been paying it.

fukk it...you asked...I'm not proud of it. But you asked...and I answered. Hopefully when I find a better job that pays more I won't have to go this route.

It was either here or stay in racist ass Pittsburgh (where I'm from...born and raised) where black men can't even find jobs above a blue collar level and black professionals are a rare breed. I'd rather die than live there...

I respect that you are open about your situation...the one good thing about these online forums..is you can vent as a faceless entity
What did you major in? I assume, the field wasnt as fruitful as you imagined ( i know the feeling)..since you arent from NY, why do you feel the need to stay? Im not suggesting that you go back to Pitt but maybe you can hit the reset button in another state where the job market is picking up ( Texas, NC for example) and the cost of living is lower. That way , even if your pops has to spot you...it wont be nearly as much

Daps
Reppin
VOID
hold up man...math majors ain't supposed to be struggling.

I need more info. The world is basically THEIRs.

@*L*E*G*A*C*Y* whats the info man? GPA? Alma Mater? Work history?

Graduated college with a 3.9GPA and made deans list.
Had an internship with Pitt CGS.
Hosted two radio shows on WPTS 92.1FM and WRCT 88.3FM
Was assistant director for a community mural fund back in Pittsburgh from 2007-2009
Worked several odd jobs in the past coupe of years...

Daps
Reppin
VOID
I respect that you are open about your situation...the one good thing about these online forums..is you can vent as a faceless entity
What did you major in? I assume, the field wasnt as fruitful as you imagined ( i know the feeling)..since you arent from NY, why do you feel the need to stay? Im not suggesting that you go back to Pitt but maybe you can hit the reset button in another state where the job market is picking up ( Texas, NC for example) and the cost of living is lower. That way , even if your pops has to spot you...it wont be nearly as much

I like NY cause I don't feel like a token and out of place everywhere I go as a Nigerian and West Indian.

In Pittsburgh..that (besides being black) is like a damn death sentence. Women dont fukk with you. White people don't fukk with you. Black people don't fukk with you. Confederate flags everywhere...that city made me angry as a motherfukker. People on SOHH will remember Inever had anything good to say about it.

Plus I figured with all the stuff I was into (art, fashion, making clothes, making music, DJing, graphic design, blogging, web design, etc) and the skills I already have topped with my experience in the work field I'd have a better chance of success here.

I like it. I have a GF now...I have friends...I'm somewhat successful here. Plus this is the sum whole of a dream I set out for 10 years ago...

Kublai Khan

Banned
Daps
I just lucked out here.

I literally sent out 100s of copies of my resume and 100s of applications...from craigslist...to monster...to careerbuilder...to indeed...

I've probably been on 12-15 interviews since I first got this job..for corporate positions too...

People see my Nigerian ass name on my resume and are like...:whoa:I can't pronounce that shyt...the fukk I wanna hire you for...let me get another white boi on this job.

I'm sure I'll find something better. I'm hoping on it...I ain't sitting on my ass like no bytch boy fukk nikka...fukk you think I am? Some lazy a$$hole?

I feel you man. I think this holds true for all minorities.

Getting interviewed by white folks and never getting called back.

I'm always insecurely thinking that they are not hiring me because of race and they would rather have a Lilly white kid working the job.

I can't say 100% that's it about race, because that's hard to prove, but I'm always like:patrice:
I don't see anything but whites working here........

Daps
Reppin
VOID
take out 100k FEDERAL LOANS from the good ol US of A govt

and work @ a yogurt shop
pgdead.png

My folks paid for my college education so I have no debts...:yeshrug::hula::bow::clap::cheers::dj2:

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
I actually have two security licenses...and 8 hour OTF a 16 and a fireguard...but the place I got them from was a scam business that got shut down so I don't know how legit they are...
you signed up for one of those classes off craigslist right? those shyts are NOT legit bruh...smh..the fukked up thing is when one of these fake businesses shut down they pop up under a new name and the attorney general does jack shyt to stop them...if your'e still interested in security i can try to find a legit clss in your area or close to it..let me kno

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Normally im anti mlm. But i might have to make an exception for a nikka barely making 100 a week :bryan:

My depression came from getting caught up in an MLM desperate for some sort of employment actually around this time last year.

I actually spoke on it.

That's why I'm so anti MLM.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
OP mad cool. But if you are only making $100 or less a week.......Ask the Mods to banned you from this place and get on your grind.

Man...I thank all y'all for helping me maintain my sanity.

Believe me thee...moving from a place where I spent the majority of my life to a new city was not easy. This site and communicating with everyone helped me to keep my mind right. So, I won't say it was time wasted.