I can't objectively reccomend getting a PS4 over an XB1 right now

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
You're 100% wrong on this.
How am I wrong?

I pay like 5$ a month (60$ a year) for Xbox live but not because of G4G. It's so i can play online and use its superior service

(And I got both, you can't bullshyt me on the service no matter what you try to say).

And that comes with games for gold and now backwards compatibility. Certain games I already own on 360 I can now play on my XB1 without having to rebuy them or pay to stream them.. Right?

And so PSNetwork used to be free, right? Not sure if it costs now, but I know PS Now it's like 44.00 every 3 months... I had PS+ and that shyt is 10$ a month (120$ a year), right?

So like I said, I'm good on the PS4 until something worth it comes out.

Last edited:

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
There have been games recycled in the past.

PS+ games are not streaming. They are downloaded to your hard drive, but you bring up a very good point that is often ignored. Via your XBOX LIVE [Games with Gold - Its the same thing] you get to download games and keep them. Even if you let your membership expire the games are still yours to play. Through PS+, any games you download are deactivated if your membership ever expires.

So there's pros and cons to both memberships. XBL gives you less games but you keep them. PS+ is essentially renting them to you. To be fair...most people are going to have an active membership no matter what so this won't be much of a talking point, but that facts remain. Also with PS+ you are getting 2 games for each platform most of the time. 6 games. A lot of those games are cross buy as well, so you get to download the same game onto your PS3 and PS4, or VITA.

PS+ games are available to download for an entire month. Games with gold are available for small windows of time.

The free games you get with each membership varies widely. Some would argue, and I would agree, that the PS+ games have been better than the games with gold, even if only by a little.
Ok, PS+ might not be streaming (I guess) but PSNow definitely is

I know because I bought Batman Arkham City on PSNow and it streamed in very shytty quality to my PS4 (it was wirelessly connected though).

Now I can't even play it without PSNow

While I had Mass Effect on 360 and never played it. Now it's on my XB1 loaded up and ready to go with or without Live

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
How am I wrong?

I pay like 5$ a month (60$ a year) for Xbox live but not because of G4G. It's so i can play online and use its superior service

(And I got both, you can't bullshyt me on that the service no matter what you try to say).

And that comes with games for gold and now backwards compatibility. Certain games I already own on 360 I can now play on my XB1 without having to rebuy them or pay to stream them.. Right?

And so PSN used to be free, right? Not sure if it costs now, but I know PS Now it's like 44.00 every 3 months? I had PS+ and that shyt is 10$ a month (120$ a year), right?

So like I said, I'm good on the PS4 until something worth it comes out.
You are confused. Games with is just a marketing name. Games with Gold and XBOX LIVE are not 2 separate things. I'm not sure how I can be more clear about it. You cannot play online with a membership on either console. Both memberships can be found for the same yearly price online. XBOX gets less free games but gets to keep them. PS4 gets more free games, across more systems but only with an active membership.
Backwards compatibility on the XBOX has a limited library and will still require the original game disc if you did not have the game digitally before.
PSNOW is a completely separate service from PS+. PSNOW is an overpriced streaming service that I don't recommend to anyone. PSNOW is very clearly marketed as a rental service. Its supposed be a sort of Netflix for video games.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Ok, PS+ might not be streaming (I guess) but PSNow definitely is

I know because I bought Batman Arkham City on PSNow and it streamed in very shytty quality to my PS4 (it was wirelessly connected though).

Now I can't even play it without PSNow

While I had Mass Effect on 360 and never played it. Now it's on my XB1 loaded up and ready to go with or without Live
PSNOW is completely separate. Not sure why you keep lumping the 2 together. PSNOW is a rental service.
If you did not own Mass Effect digitally on your 360 you will not be able to play it on your xbox one with out the disc. It may show up in your list of games, but once you try to start the game it will tell you to insert the disc.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
PSNOW is completely separate. Not sure why you keep lumping the 2 together. PSNOW is a rental service.
If you did not own Mass Effect digitally on your 360 you will not be able to play it on your xbox one with out the disc. It may show up in your list of games, but once you try to start the game it will tell you to insert the disc.

Yeah.. I have the Mass Effect disc. I also have discs or digital copies of my favorite games that are backwards compatible.That is not an issue at all. I don't need to rebuy something unless I want to.

And they're not completely separate on the XB1... That's my point.

Live covers playing backwards compatible games, playing free games, playing online services even if PS4 got slightly more free games (honestly, most of those don't interest me as well).

It will get to the point where I no longer need my 360 at all for the XB1. Once that library has built itself up. That isn't the case for my PS3/PS4 unless I want to pay 120$ a year EXTRA for it.

And Live is cheaper a year...

Like I said, I'm good

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
Yeah.. I have the Mass Effect disc. I also have discs or digital copies of my favorite games that are backwards compatible.That is not an issue at all. I don't need to rebuy something unless I want to.

And they're not completely separate on the XB1... That's my point.

Live covers playing backwards compatible games, playing free games, playing online services even if PS4 got slightly more free games (honestly, most of those don't interest me as well).

It will get to the point where I no longer need my 360 at all for the XB1. Once that library has built itself up. That isn't the case for my PS3/PS4 unless I want to pay 120$ a year EXTRA for it.

And Live is cheaper a year...

Like I said, I'm good
Live is not cheaper. And I haven't read anywhere that a live membership is necessary at all for the backwards compatibility on XBOX. All in all, you seem very satisfied with the level of service and content you're getting. That's all that matters.

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
Live is not cheaper. And I haven't read anywhere that a live membership is necessary at all for the backwards compatibility on XBOX. All in all, you seem very satisfied with the level of service and content you're getting. That's all that matters.
You serious?

I just sat at my desk now and powered up my PS4 just for this thread.

Xbox lives standard price is 60$ a month. That's with games for gold and backward compatible games that you own that are on the list.

PS4 listed it's price of PS+ at 44.00 every 3 months. I saw online that you can get memberships cheaper through GameStop and etc., (just like Xbox live) but that's still bullshyt. That's like $180 a year at the most.

Add in that PSNow is another 10$ a month and that's like 300$ a year at most to play shyt for "free" on PS4

$300 :hula:$60 (at most)

Like I said, I'll pass

And yeah, satisfication is all that matters. I don't mind the PS4 (especially since I own it) but the XB1 hate is retarded.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
There's SO MUCH good tv on right now. It's just :wow:
Breh, there's literally NOTHING on TV that I can't watch online. My brother has a Firestick with Kodi and some shyt called The beast installed on it. Everything from new movies, shows and whatnot in HD right away. Live TV even.

I literally am baffled that people still pay these ridiculous packages for cable a month when there's a wealth of options online for free.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
You serious?

I just sat at my desk now and powered up my PS4 just for this thread.

Xbox lives standard price is 60$ a month. That's with games for gold and backward compatible games that you own that are on the list.

PS4 listed it's price of PS+ at 44.00 every 3 months. I saw online that you can get memberships cheaper through GameStop and etc., (just like Xbox live) but that's still bullshyt. That's like $180 a year at the most.

Add in that PSNow is another 10$ a month and that's like 300$ a year at most to play shyt for "free" on PS4

$300 :hula:$60 (at most)

Like I said, I'll pass

And yeah, satisfication is all that matters. I don't mind the PS4 (especially since I own it) but the XB1 hate is retarded.
:what:
Son, what the fukk are you talking about??
PS+ is not no damn $44 for 3 months. :dead:

It's $49.99 for a YEAR.

Where the hell are you getting your information from?

Breh you're horribly misinformed.

You're not PAYING for BC on Xbox One. If you own the game, you download it to the Xbox.
Likewise if you don't you gotta BUY it. You not paying $60 to get access to free Xbox 360 games. The ONLY Xbox 360 games you're accessing is if it so happens to be on the GWG offer and is BC.

PS+ is literally the EXACT same thing. Only difference is PS4 doesn't have BC with PS3 games so PS3 games won't work on PS4 but certain titles are cross-buy meaning that one game may also be downloaded on PS4 and/or the Vita. The good thing about that is it counts as one game. On Xbox GWG, a typical game that's offered for one system(360) can then be offered for Xbox one a few months later and count as a "new" offer. That's what happened with a few games in the past. A 360 version is given one month and then a few months later the Xbox One version is given.

PlayStation Now is a completely different service that has nothing to do with PS+.

You can have a PS Now service and not even use a PS4. It works on PS Vita, tablets and certain televisions.

I repeat, PS Now is NOT associated with PS+ nor is it an essential requirement for PS4 users. It's not meant to be a PS3 BC option.

:snoop: Damn breh you're misinformed or you're just blatantly spreading misinformation.

Last edited:

Killigraphy

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC black coffee tough guys aka the Stoozy Boys
:what:
Son, what the fukk are you talking about??
PS+ is not no damn $44 for 3 months. :dead:

It's $49.99 for a YEAR.

Where the hell are you getting your information from?

Breh you're horribly misinformed.

You're not PAYING for BC on Xbox One. If you own the game, you download it to the Xbox.
Likewise if you don't you gotta BUY it. You not paying $60 to get access to free Xbox 360 games. The ONLY Xbox 360 games you're accessing is if it so happens to be on the GWG offer and is BC.

PS+ is literally the EXACT same thing. Only difference is PS4 doesn't have BC with PS3 games so PS3 games won't work on PS4 but certain titles are cross-buy meaning that one game may also be downloaded on PS4 and/or the Vita. The good thing about that is it counts as one game. On Xbox GWG, a typical game that's offered for one system(360) can then be offered for Xbox one a few months later and count as a "new" offer. That's what happened with a few games in the past. A 360 version is given one month and then a few months later the Xbox One version is given.

PlayStation Now is a completely different service that has nothing to do with PS+.

You can have a PS Now service and not even use a PS4. It works on PS Vita, tablets and certain televisions.

I repeat, PS Now is NOT associated with PS+ nor is it an essential requirement for PS4 users. It's not meant to be a PS3 BC option.

:snoop: Damn breh you're misinformed or you're just blatantly spreading misinformation.

And to think, I thought Revy was going to get up in that ass...easy Fatboi, easy.

Wiles

Superstar
Daps
Op loves to ignore facts and is a cheap fukk
/thread

:manny: