I can't objectively reccomend getting a PS4 over an XB1 right now

Prince Akeem

Its not that deep breh....
Daps
@O.T.I.S. is a prime example of a fanboy who tries to pretend he isn't a fanboy,accuses others of being fanboys while acting like a total fanboy.

I went back and forth with him for a minute but he doesn't seem to really understand how anything on PS+ works so I just left it alone.

He doesn't care about facts and logic...that much is clear.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Firstly, no shyt PSNow is optional. If you read wtf I said I acknowledged that.
Before I start, Stop being a fanboy for a second. You're fanboy-ism clouds your thought process. There's preference but outright lies is wack.
No, you kept going on and on about the price of PS Now and lumping it together as if it's some sort of requirement. You were comparing the normal $60 pricetag of XBL to the $240 cost of PS Now{A service that extends to PS4,3,Vita, TVs, tablets and soon PCs} if you were to pay for 1 month subscriptions each month with the cost of PS+ on TOP of that.

It was a dumb and illogical comparison.
If someone were to go "XBL + EA Access is what... $120 a year compared to $60 a year for PS+?" "Yeah XBL is not worth it.."
You'd be claiming how silly that comparison is.

But it still doesn't do the shyt Xboxlive does without adding that option. Can you play backwards compatible games with or without PSNow nikka? Yes or No?
Are you trolling or are you playing dumb?? Is Netflix the same thing as a Bluray player?? PS Now is a STREAMING service for select TVs, smart devices and PS consoles.
Asking does PS Now have backwards compatibility is like asking if one can download RAM from the internet. It makes no sense. Xbox Live doesn't give you backwards compatibility. BC was n update for Xbox One. If you don't own a game on Xbox 360 that's BC with Xbox One, having Xbox live won't grant you access to it. :snoop:

To answer your second question, yes you can play BC games without PS Now. Starting today PS2 games are going to be(Select ones) available on PSN to purchase. The only difference is that for PS2 games they'll be running upscaled to 1080P, have trophy support(something other BC games don't have), be running at a smoother FPS and take advantage of the PS4 system level features. The only con is that it doesn't work with PS2 discs so it's all digital. That's the only advantage the XB 360 BC on XB1 have over it.

Does it not say PS+ will charge you $9.99 per month in the PS store? Yes or no?
No it does not. PS+ has a 1 MONTH subscription for $9.99. There is no $9.99 per month option. You either have an option of buying it for one month, three months or a year.

PlayStation®Plus - Free Games | Discounts | Free Trial

It says it right here. why would someone repeatedly buy a one month subscription for an entire year? If it were in fact $9.99 a month, it'd be $120 a year. You already said yourself it's $60 a year for a 1 year sub so then your assertion of it being $9.99 is completely incorrect. You'd be taking a L if you bought it that way. Just like it'd be dumb to buy PS Now each month for $20. If you bought the $44 option 4 times in a year making a total of 12 months, you'd only pay $176, NOT 240.
Does it not say that PSNow is $19.99 per month or $44 every 3 months??? Yes or no?
Yea it says that. Don't you pay for cable tv??
The price of PS Now as it relates to PS4 is irrelevant because it's not a viable solution for BC. It's a streaming service like I said again and again.

XBL goes down as much as PSN? Bullshyt... I don't remember the last time my XBL went down. Seriously... And I'm on that shyt everyday
Oh of course you won't remember when it went down.
Aug 18th

Xbox Live down – Xbox 360 users suffer major outage

OCT 1
Xbox Live down intermittently for many gamers (updated) | GamesBeat | Games | by Jeff Grubb
OCt 24th

Microsoft Xbox Live Outages: Service Goes Down (Again), Is Now Up And Running But Not For All

These were the ones that affected a large amount of people for several hours to a day this year alone. Not saying PSN doesn't go down but to act like XBL is this infallible, gold standard service that is 99% stable and lag free is bullshyt.

According to Google, PSN was down last weekend. FOH...
Yeah you just made that up lol. If you check that downdector.com site, it'll show people claiming a particular service is down every day.

Overview of problems with Xbox Live Down Detector

Hey look every day there seemed to be problems on XBL if you're going by that.
:camby:
Now you're distracting me. Only thing my PS4 is useful for is ustream when I'm making beats.
Nobody cares about what you do with your PS4. We're just informing you because you're talking some other shyt here.

Waste money on a product and then brag about it collecting dust brehs.

Last edited:

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I own all platforms.
I would say for most users the PS4 is the best choice.
That being said the differences between the Xbox One and PS4 aren't that major. You can't go wrong with either. That is unless you like Japanese games.
The Wii U isn't really worth owning unless you're a hardcore Nintendo fan. I've had one since launch and used it less than 20 times combined.

The best combination is PC and PS4.

As for my personal preference it's a bit conflicted. I like the Xbox One the best as a machine. I think the OS is better, the company pays more attention to the platform, the device does more, also the Xbox Elite controller is better than the Dualshock 4. I'm a JRPG player so I'll likely always own a Playstation console and favor that brand even if I don't like the user experience as much on PS4 vs Xbox One.

Excluding JRPGs and such games the PS4 is marginally better than the Xbox One when it comes to games. It would be like if you had $40 dollars and I had $20. You have twice what I have but for all that the buying power that extra$ 20 gets you is negligible.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I own all platforms.
I would say for most users the PS4 is the best choice.
That being said the differences between the Xbox One and PS4 aren't that major. You can't go wrong with either. That is unless you like Japanese games.
The Wii U isn't really worth owning unless you're a hardcore Nintendo fan. I've had one since launch and used it less than 20 times combined.

The best combination is PC and PS4.

As for my personal preference it's a bit conflicted. I like the Xbox One the best as a machine. I think the OS is better, the company pays more attention to the platform, the device does more, also the Xbox Elite controller is better than the Dualshock 4. I'm a JRPG player so I'll likely always own a Playstation console and favor that brand even if I don't like the user experience as much on PS4 vs Xbox One.

Excluding JRPGs and such games the PS4 is marginally better than the Xbox One when it comes to games. It would be like if you had $40 dollars and I had $20. You have twice what I have but for all that the buying power that extra$ 20 gets you is negligible.
If you had $1000 and I had $2000, I could probably get a car that's MUCH better. :troll:
Something that can go up hills.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you had $1000 and I had $2000, I could probably get a car that's MUCH better. :troll:
Something that can go up hills.
That extra $1000 isn't gonna get you that much better of a car. Now at say $5000 maybe but you gonna get a beater at $1000 and likely a slightly better beater at $2000.

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That extra $1000 isn't gonna get you that much better of a car. Now at say $5000 maybe but you gonna get a beater at $1000 and likely a slightly better beater at $2000.
Would a video card that's double the price not be worth it? :comeon:

Would you buy a car part that's $100 cheaper than the one that came with the car?

Double is always better. Why would someone want to settle for half? I get what you're saying but that "double is negligible" argument is silly.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
If you can get the Xbox cheaper I still say go for it. There isn't that much difference in the libraries of the systems. The exception is if you're into niche Japanese titles or the Sony AAA games like Uncharted.

People try to play up the differences but it's not as drastic as they like to pretend it is.

The Mad Titan

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
If you can get the Xbox cheaper I still say go for it. There isn't that much difference in the libraries of the systems. The exception is if you're into niche Japanese titles or the Sony AAA games like Uncharted.

People try to play up the differences but it's not as drastic as they like to pretend it is.
Pretty much this.

If I was going to get a gaming system for anyone I'm def getting them an Xbox, and if they want a ps4 for a handful of games then they can get one themselves.