"Hyperinflation has turned the American Dream into a Nightmare " Black Couple on Dr Phil

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wonder what's his definition of entitlements. I hope it doesn't include retirement and social security.
The graph Phil cited beside his token guests (Don't mean that as an insult, it is what they are...black conservative bait) comes from a 2022 book

71arMc9tH1L._SY522_.jpg

Here is a taste of some reviews :

Phil Gramm, a seasoned politician and accomplished economist, recognizes government statistics that misdescribe reality. He demonstrates that the nation's condition is much better than it is portrayed by numbers misused to advance political agendas. Thanks to Gramm's mind-opening book, facts—you remember them: they used to appear in political debates—might make a
comeback.

-- George F. Will

There is much more in Myth of American Inequality, including a close look at the rapid turnover in America’s economic hierarchy. Gramm’s strongest policy recommendation is simply for Congress to fix how the government measures income. Even Democrats might find something to like: As things are currently reported, Joe Biden had to deal with headlines showing record-high inequality during his first year in office while he was shoveling trillions of dollars in additional transfer payments out the door. But a better reason to fix how we measure inequality is simply that it is better to tell the truth.

― National Review

Gramm, Ekelund, and Early are owed a debt of gratitude. With admirable clarity, their book demonstrates that the federal government egregiously overstates the degree of inequality and poverty in the world’s wealthiest nation. Skewed statistics have led to a skewed perception of life in America, and in turn to a skewed political debate on spending, taxing, and the social safety net. The Myth of American Inequality refutes the demagoguery, and convincingly shows that the gap between top and bottom is not wider than ever, but narrower.

― The Boston Globe

Former Senator Phil Gramm

phil_gramm_high-res.jpeg
Republican. The graph showed that what these folks and Phil was backing up is that corporations raping everyone's wallet isn't why things are more expensive than ever, but that by quintiles that people in the bottom 20% of earnings are averaging 49k a year, and only 33% of them are working to average $7500 while the government covers the rest. If the reviews are any indication, the argument is like covid: don't test people and they numbers will be lower:mjlol:They bold-faced said the poorest people are seeing 49k worth of benefits so they are not poor, and those of us making more are hurting due to them. He only showed the bottom 60% of earners. We know what "entitlements" mean to rat fink ass conservatives, and shame on that sista and brotha sitting up there giving zero details but "mmhmm"ing and agreeing with this bullshyt.

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
5 pages in and nobody came in shaming them with the bootstraps talk?
They would say it back because they are Republicans. Or worse, bothsiders. They gave no income details, we don't know where they live, and they mask real-life corporate greed by agreeing with "immigrants and people not working" being the reason they aren't able to keep up.

They would be the first to say that shyt to us.

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
I grew up in a house that my grandfather built. Was paid off way before I was born.

I left town for a couple decades a sought my fortune. I did enough to get by but never was up up.

Then I came home. In the back of my mind I always knew I could come back. Whatever went wrong, I had an escape hatch.

Then one day I pulled the rip cord. Not cause I had to. I was still living well. But cause my soul wasn't at ease out in the field.

Having a paid for house is like being rich. I have to work but I don't have to work hard. If things get tight, I can live on half of what I currently make.

I can't relate to the housing crisis. But I can imagine how difficult it is.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
I'm not going to be able to watch this. I tried and only got through a few seconds. I don't take Dr. Phil seriously lol.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Greedflation

The oil people and everyone who wants their money are ruining the world. On some Shinra shyt

They blaming us for everything while digging in everyone’s pockets. They trying to pull another Bacons Rebellion reordering of the castes

Last edited:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
It's amazing what big capital has done.

I think people often forget to just sit back and contemplate the absolute masterclass in propaganda these people have successfully put on for generations. It's evil, but damn is it good. They really put that money to good use figuring out how to keep the working class down.

They raise the prices and fire people, those same people then blame the political party in charge. Completely ignoring the fact that it's not them who is running the REIT. It's not them busting up unionization attempts. It's not them jacking up the cost of insulin because what the fukk are you going to do? Die? It is not the government that laid them off and yet they're the one to blame for the company's actions.

A man is picking your pocket and telling you that it's someone else and SIGNIFICANT portions of the public actually believe it.
"It's your fault you are poor. You should've gone to college"
"How am I supposed to afford college when my rent is 70% of what I make at McDonald's?"
"Get a second job"
"How am I supposed to find time to interview for a second job when I have to commute an hour to get to work and back and don't get enough PTO?"
"Well you should live closer to where you work"
"How am I supposed to do that when the rent of the place close to work is higher than what I'm barely able to afford now?"

On and on, people will actually run defense on these companies FOR FREE. It's truly astounding to see how successful these rich a$$holes have been in convincing people that the conditions that they create are literally anyone else's fault. :wow:
Speak on it :wow: