Legalizing Sports Gambling Has Turned Into A Huge Mistake (The Atlantic)

Adeptus Astartes

Loyal servant of the God-Brehmperor
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Imperium of Man
Yes it is because it's the same line of reasonning. Some people can 't also help themselves with crack or cocaine.

Outside of making a buck for corporations, there was no need to legalize sport betting. It did not make things better for society, it made them worse.

People who can't help themselves were already betting.
The reasoning behind drug legalization was to try to eliminate the criminal element of the drug trade. If people can get quality shyt legally, they won't have to deal with gangs.

Belize King

I got concepts of a plan.
Daps
Its way worst than most think, wait til this next generation come up..

Talk to anyone in school system, they will tell you about high school kids gambling with they parents credit card and such.. When I heard kids talking about hitting a parlay, I was shocked. :mjtf:This is just a slight crack people will overlook.. Seeing how rapid people have accepted gambling into fabric of life is insane..
Social media is crack to society. We need to ban social media and the internet. How and why would children know about parleys?
:scust:
Society seems to not be able to handle the internet. Thanks Al Gore.
:picard:
Back in my day, the only gambling we did was with pogs and Pokémon cards.
:flabbynsick:
eyeversed-pogs.gif

charizard-cool.gif

Last edited:

Apprentice

RIP Doughboy Roc
Daps
Reppin
DMV
And when it comes down to it, the model of the buisness is to make as many people lose as much money as possible, by design the buisness model is quite literally a predator. Average joes succeeding means they can't even exist, so it's basically pointless anyway
Just like any controlled market

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They should definitely pull back on the ads

And I don't like that there are specific segments of sports programming dedicated to showing odds and suggestions of parlays.

That's a bit much and I only bet a few times per season (Football and Basketball)

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
"legal in Florida.... LEGAL in FLORIDA"

They even got a lil jingle for ya ass 😭

If you have fallen victim to the spirit of addiction you need to get on your knees and pray to the Lord and ask to be covered in his blood and ask for forgiveness and ask for his help

You out here running behind man looking for a savior when you already know his name

These people ain't addicted to gambling they addicted to being broke and fukked up

African Peasant

Veteran
Daps
So then you MUST be for prohibiting alcohol, tobacco, fatty foods, fast cars, guns, etc? Because your thought process seems to be that if it's bad for anyone or society, then it should be banned. Everything I named is WORSE than legalized gambling, both for individuals and society. You can't have it both ways. If you think that way that's fine, I personally just find it ridiculous and an infringement on freedom.
Outside of tobacco, all the things you've named have a necessicity . Hence they should be subject to certain form of restriction and it's already the case.

But there was no necessity to legalize sport gambling. This is an EXTENSION of non necessary harmful activity. You could gamble before that, it's not like gambling as a whole was illegal before the legalization of sport gambling.

OP is right, it was a negative thing.

Infrigment of freedom? Well, it's called living in a society. You can't do whatever your want

Full freedom givs the Wild wild west

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is a Capitalist country and there are no morals in it only profits. Thats why they say u have to have your vices in moderation if u partake in any. Eating, shopping,smoking, drinking, gambling. This isnt shyt u do every day of the week. But adults are just grown ass kids without parental supervision now so they gonna do what they want