"Hyperinflation has turned the American Dream into a Nightmare " Black Couple on Dr Phil

Lonj

Superstar
Daps
It's amazing what big capital has done.

I think people often forget to just sit back and contemplate the absolute masterclass in propaganda these people have successfully put on for generations. It's evil, but damn is it good. They really put that money to good use figuring out how to keep the working class down.

They raise the prices and fire people, those same people then blame the political party in charge. Completely ignoring the fact that it's not them who is running the REIT. It's not them busting up unionization attempts. It's not them jacking up the cost of insulin because what the fukk are you going to do? Die? It is not the government that laid them off and yet they're the one to blame for the company's actions.

A man is picking your pocket and telling you that it's someone else and SIGNIFICANT portions of the public actually believe it.
"It's your fault you are poor. You should've gone to college"
"How am I supposed to afford college when my rent is 70% of what I make at McDonald's?"
"Get a second job"
"How am I supposed to find time to interview for a second job when I have to commute an hour to get to work and back and don't get enough PTO?"
"Well you should live closer to where you work"
"How am I supposed to do that when the rent of the place close to work is higher than what I'm barely able to afford now?"

On and on, people will actually run defense on these companies FOR FREE. It's truly astounding to see how successful these rich a$$holes have been in convincing people that the conditions that they create are literally anyone else's fault. :wow:

That's what's up but the government is in on the take. It's not like it's hands are tied while these corporations are running amuck; they are aiding and abetting this plutocracy. That's what happens when you put no term limit on these politicians, they live long enough to become the villains.

DaHNIC82

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Off The Cuff Radio/ScrewballRadio/BudeBoyEnt
Yall really still think presidents have a significant impact on inflation, and the Federal Reserve?

They really don't but it's apart of the economy and when it's "good" they always take victory laps. When it's bad. They always pointing fingers at either the opposite party or the prior administration.

Pegasus Jackson

Trump's Amerikkka
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA ZONE 6
Hyperinflation skyrocketing which bickering self serving partisan politicians blame on the government as opposed to the callous, cutthroat companies responsible.

7% mortgage rates, Greedy private investors buying up scores of properties leaving the next generation to pay exorbitant rent, sleep in their Priuses or harbor pipe dreams of owning a "tiny home".
Tax dollars funding genocide on the other side of the world while children in rust belt American city rowhouses sleep off hunger pangs.

Chinese techno-terrorism masked as a phone app, data mining every personal facet of your life while you dance with your grandmother awkwardly to Burna Boy.

Talentless hacks guffawing slack jawed over "Art" they created by typing a broken sentence into a website pilfering the intellectual properties of legitimate artists.

and I'm supposed to care about a mulatto cornball Canadian child actor turned rapper and his contrived conflict with cough syrup chugging rappers he was cordial with a year ago?

Blow it all up. :mjgrin:

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
I watched the video to the end just to be confronted with what I already knew: this some right wing bullshyt.

Dr. Phil comes in with graphs about entitlement, but mentions nothing about record profits of the companies that these people are paying bills to. You get black puppets on TV with a sob story and no mention of what they make and blame it all on entitlement for people not working and immigrants. as someone who did have a mother who was on benefits at one point, that was no picnic. Anybody in here rolling with this is falling for the 2024 version of welfare queen propaganda. Going to take a wild guess that if I google these people, they are all Republicans.
This!

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
That's what's up but the government is in on the take. It's not like it's hands are tied while these corporations are running amuck; they are aiding and abetting this plutocracy. That's what happens when you put no term limit on these politicians, they live long enough to become the villains.
And that's why they've been putting money in their pockets to lie to the public and say "oh we'd love to give you Medicare but it's too expensive!"

And paying the news networks to repeat talking points instead of push back against them. Fox News was one of the absolute best investments a billionaire has ever made. It's the top news network and it just tells people it isn't the fault of the millionaires running the petroleum companies for why gas prices are high. It's actually the presidents fault. It isn't the fault of the private equity firms and REIT buying up housing and jacking up the price. It's liberals who want to raise taxes on the top 2% of earners. It isn't the business prioritizing stock buybacks and firing employees to cut costs, it's black people and DEI's fault that you can't get a job. It isn't the fault of the billionaire business owners and major shareholders that the price of things are going up, it's whomever you disagree with politically.

They've successfully managed to reduce the means in which resources are organized to benefit the majority(politics) into professional wrestling. They've managed to transform what is supposed to keep adults educated on how systems of power operate(the news) into a PR firm.

They've reduced voting to "one of two options or stay at home"

Of course they're out here high stepping and letting their nuts hang. Why wouldn't they feel invincible if they've successfully managed to convince millions of people that they have very little or nothing to do with their worsening material conditions?

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
We don't have hyper inflation. You can't possibly back that up because it's not true on any level. Inflation is around 3.4% right now. For reference, normative inflation levels in the US are typically at 2%. A large amount of the price increase complaints revolve around service industry shyt (like fast food) where workers' pay has been increased, and employers have passed the costs on to customers. All those $16-18 dollar an hour signs you see at McDonalds? You're paying for that.

The funny thing is that people demanded wage increases for years, and the minute lower wage workers got it instead of white collar workers folks started bytching about prices going up lol. The data is readily available, lower income wages are going up while managerial level wages are stagnated. And despite all this bytching and complaining....nobody is stopping spending. People are still eating over priced fast food, still ordering over priced Door Dash, etc.

Mordith

H.E.N.R.Y.
Daps
Reppin
Cobb County
My house is paid off grunt. Go scramble for that mortgage.
sure-thing.gif

A homeowner with a paid off house wanting the housing market to crash.

Laidbackman

All Star
Daps
Reppin
ATL, but rasied in DMV
Even if the economy is booming, if you're working in the public school system with kids, voluntarily take an $8,000 pay cut, and you have a child, you will struggle. It sounds like his wife doesn't earn much either. She fine though.