Legalizing Sports Gambling Has Turned Into A Huge Mistake (The Atlantic)

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
at least with crypto, the “gambling” usually just consists of buying a cryptocurrency when it’s in the red and selling when it’s green.

sports betting, unless you’re exceptionally practiced in identifying winning odds, is akin to chasing unicorns.

:francis:

Wait till you find out out about crypto gambling

Cynic

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What's fukked up is how they have actual celebrities like Eric Andre out here making commercials and tickling peoples vulnerabilities and addictions. Look at this shyt and how it normalized sports bet addiction.

Like I'm a huge Eric Andre fan and I'm disappointed in him for signing off on this commercial.

Brazils biggest country star is hiding out in Miami over this sh!t

• Wow
Reactions: IVS

Bolzmark

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
Not probably. The answer is clearly yes. You do what you want with that info.

Since a lot of harmful activities are legal, we should also legalize the rest. It seems to be your line of reasonning: since things are bad, we should make them worst.

Well.

There are no debates about the negative affect of gambling legalization. as I said, you do what you want with that info. You can care or don't care.

Some people don't care about the global well being of society as long as it does not directly affect them. It's a position. I don't hold it and find it absurd and immoral.
So then you MUST be for prohibiting alcohol, tobacco, fatty foods, fast cars, guns, etc? Because your thought process seems to be that if it's bad for anyone or society, then it should be banned. Everything I named is WORSE than legalized gambling, both for individuals and society. You can't have it both ways. If you think that way that's fine, I personally just find it ridiculous and an infringement on freedom.

re'up

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
So then you MUST be for prohibiting alcohol, tobacco, fatty foods, fast cars, guns, etc? Because your thought process seems to be that if it's bad for anyone or society, then it should be banned. Everything I named is WORSE than legalized gambling, both for individuals and society. You can't have it both ways. If you think that way that's fine, I personally just find it ridiculous and an infringement on freedom.

but creating public policy isn't as simple as hypocrisy or consistency. There's complex reasons why alcohol and tobacco are regulated to a degree. It's not a real solution to ban everything or nothing. That's a nonstarter.

There's also the way it's marketed. That was a major Tobacco issue for years. It took like 30 years to stop seeing cowboys on TV for Marlboro, but with things like crypto and gambling, you have Larry David and Lebron James endorsing them.

KBtheKey

Top Tier
Daps
Reppin
#Swhtx
Ok kool now I need those who are in the know to share with me(us) the AI programs that run player data to produce potential outcomes so some precise hypotheses can be made

ConPHIdential

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Ok kool now I need those who are in the know to share with me(us) the AI programs that run player data to produce potential outcomes so some precise hypotheses can be made

This is actually in line with how people can beat the house through +EV betting. I treat the NBA season as supplemental income with a model I use around player prop unders specifically.

To the premise of this thread though those stats are wild. If you aren’t disciplined or know what you’re doing you gonna lose bread.

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Thank god I'm cheap. I can't work to blow money on a chance of a win. shyt retarded :laff:

God gave you free will and put you in a world full of vices and told you to have discipline and govern yourself. Gave you guidelines. Now you cry for big government to save you because you can't govern yourself. There's countries out there with not gambling no prostitution no drinking and it doesn't make the people better. They just don't do shyt out of fear. If you can't handle having freedom to try anything because of inherent weakness go to one of those places so someone can shield you from yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: IVS

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
Sports gambling is like day trading, you don’t really need to watch anything to do it

Most sharps don’t even watch sports
giphy.gif

Uitomy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Anxiety attacks and sugar cookies
This is actually in line with how people can beat the house through +EV betting. I treat the NBA season as supplemental income with a model I use around player prop unders specifically.

To the premise of this thread though those stats are wild. If you aren’t disciplined or know what you’re doing you gonna lose bread.
And when it comes down to it, the model of the buisness is to make as many people lose as much money as possible, by design the buisness model is quite literally a predator. Average joes succeeding means they can't even exist, so it's basically pointless anyway