Veteran
Daps
View from Jacksonville
hr7qsh9bvfk31.jpg

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps

Not to diminish it but I was looking for some before pictures and that island looks small and development looked scant. Given that, it looks like it always just needed one strong storm to just wipe the island clean. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

8221210524_0c2a3dda7c.jpg

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Thankful we avoided a devastating blow but devastated about what the Bahamians going thru. Was just watching the local Fox affiliate and crazy how nearly the entire island got flooded. Hopefully y'all up north get lucky and this shifts more to the east. Come on stupid currents! :damn:

Dr. Acula

Hail Hydra
Supporter
Daps
Son of a crap:mjcry:

The weather forecast for the next 5 days after Thursday are all 95% and above. If people loose power it’s going to get hot real fast
shyt...even if they say it's likely to stay off shore I would still get out of there. What if it decides you know, I think I'm going to head out west today :jawalrus:

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
need an update from @WhenWeWereKings

A lot of rescue efforts today, slot of folks saved. Communication is obviously a problem and hampering efforts.

The storm has FINALLY moved on so it’s basically rescue time. The grim reality of casualties is also starting to set in.

Now that I know my parents are ok I’m much better mentally but I know the task that lies ahead.

The island where I live (Grand Bahama) most of the buildings withstood the massive winds. It was the unprecedented storm surge that sadly will probably be the culprit behind any casualties.

Abaco island looks as if a nuclear bomb was dropped on it. It appears as if more than half (and likely way more) of the homes on the island were damaged or destroyed.

Casualties are expected to be significant. As soon as the weather permits I’m gonna try to get to Abaco and bring whatever supplies I can.

As bad as my island got hit (and it’s really bad) Abaco has been hit even worse.

I’m not sure when I can communicate again as I’m probably gonna try to get to the worst part of the island tomorrow and there is no communication available.