Hurricane Dorian makes landfall in Cape Hatteras

MushroomX

Packers Stockholder
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wisconsin
I seen that video just earlier on Twitter. Scary that not even a two story house is safe. This shyt got like 18+ feet waves. Nothing can stop it unfortunately.

About 90% of people die from storm surges. The wind is nothing. So people go, "That's nothing!" until they fail to realize the concept of Sea Level.

If brehs take pause and go, "I'm 6'0", so that's 3 of me." they will see they need at least a 3 story house.

Even worse, rescue crews won't help them out until the storm passes because the first priority for them is that they have to keep themselves safe in order to rescue people.

And even then, they will rescue people they find first on the roofs, the last few moments of their lives is screaming for help underneath the roofs as they drown.

That's why you don't fukk with hurricanes.

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
Why everybody surprised tho? In Miami it’s common knowledge that you don’t buy a house close to the water. This can happen to any island or city surrounded by water. How does one even begin to help?
shyt what about the ones out west? I'm not too far from the everglades. This all swampland here. Could the same thing happen on the other side or not really?

Apparently I answered my own question:

The Everglades guards our western flank during hurricanes, absorbing storm surge and the drenching rains that can come from hurricanes blowing in from the Gulf.

Let's just hope no gators or Burmese pythons wash up on my front yard. :merchant:

CanesMiamiLakers

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
shyt what about the ones out west? I'm not too far from the everglades. This all swampland here. Could the same thing happen on the other side or not really?

Apparently I answered my own question:

The Everglades guards our western flank during hurricanes, absorbing storm surge and the drenching rains that can come from hurricanes blowing in from the Gulf.

Let's just hope no gators or Burmese pythons wash up on my front yard. :merchant:
To be honest I don’t know what’s keeping us safe New Orleans fukked my head up that shyt destroyed the city

WhenWeWereKings

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Now think about how many people have single story homes...the death toll is gonna be nuts. How many people are gonna get swept out to sea and the bodies never discovered? :snoop:

There are 5 confirmed deaths in Abaco,however residents are saying that number should rise significantly.

Where I’m at on Grand Bahama no confirmed deaths but it would take a small miracle for that to remain.

There are dozens if not more persons calling for help who are trapped in their homes with flood waters almost roof level. Some Rescue operations have been suspended until daylight.

I just came from evacuating a shelter that became comprised.

The island’s police headquarters which is the communications hub for the other police stations is under water. Officers are trapped upstairs and the majority of the police vehicles have been destroyed. That put a major damper on rescue operations.

I’m almost forty years old so I’ve experience many powerful hurricanes from Andrew to Floyd to Matthew.

Areas that we designated as safe zones and have NEVER flooded are under water. This is unprecedented. This is unreal.