Hurricane Dorian makes landfall in Cape Hatteras

Linc

Too tired to sleep
Daps
Still no power or cell service at home, walked across town to my mothers with everything I could carry out of my fridge, luckily her power came back shortly after I got here. Walked back over to give my cat his needle (diabetic, 16 years old) and came back, going to have to go back this morning.

Supposed to work tonight 7-7 but I dunno

I feel so bad for the people that got this worse than me cause this shyt fukking sucks

Linc

Too tired to sleep
Daps
Going to go to work tonight, finally heard from my ex for the first time since Saturday (phone was dead) don’t know if my cat is going to make it though the day honestly. Girl just moved out a week ago..still no power. I know it sounds bytch made but I am so sad and just stuck by myself, I don’t trust being alone right now but I have to get up for work in 3 hours. Focus on that

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I dont think people realize how bad the situation in the Bahamas is right now. And the media isn't really being honest about just how many people have died. There are resources to suggest that the death toll could be in the thousands.

daemonova

hit it, & I didn't go Erykah Badu crazy, #yallmad
Daps
I dont think people realize how bad the situation in the Bahamas is right now. And the media isn't really being honest about just how many people have died. There are resources to suggest that the death toll could be in the thousands.
You give up your freedom and sovernity, America would help, this isn't Puerto Rico, y'all an independent nation, y'all gonna have to bite that bullet

hashmander

Hale End
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Arsenal
yesterday, msnbc talked about how thousands were missing and today ny times did a story today about how 2500 are missing.

Micky Mikey

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
yesterday, msnbc talked about how thousands were missing and today ny times did a story today about how 2500 are missing.

A Cat 5 Hurricane literally stalled over a small island with poor infrastructure. Its insane to think there wouldn't be mass casualties. Unfortunately I think many people were simply washed out to sea never to be seen again. I wouldn't be surprised if that figure of missing people rises over the coming weeks. The Bahamian government is probably just too overwhelmed to keep track of all of the deceased and missing. It is absolutely tragic what happened and we need to allow refugees to seek refuge in this country.

As time goes on catastrophic events like this will become more common. The U.S needs to determine how its going uphold the human rights of the hundreds of thousands of climate refugees that will be fleeing from the Carribean and global south.