Hurricane Dorian makes landfall in Cape Hatteras

Bonefan32

Superstar
Daps
What part are you in? I'm in Dillon so I'm just sitting looking like this...:unimpressed:

I'm like twenty minutes from greenwood

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Nahh I just got a passion for weather, growing up in rural Alabama I've been through Hurricanes, Snowstorms (well for Alabama standards), Ice Storms, Hailstorms, Floods, Heat Waves, so it's just interesting to me, the science behind weather is amazing. I'm shyt at math so I can't do all the calculations but in terms of reading models, following analogs, reading radars, I taught myself, I really wish that there was a Meteorology elective in HS because I think kids really need to know this type of stuff because whether it's with Dorian or other storms, people can be misinformed easily, hell Trump was probably about to send aid down here for a storm that's not even gonna hit us.

That’s what’s up bruh..rep! We all have things we’re interested in

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
It will, just taking it's time, the steering currents are weak so it's gonna meander around Bahamas for most of Monday before slowly heading north, where that turn happens is crucial though.
If the currents are weaker than the storm than who knows if it'll even turn. :francis:

This shyt got 200 mph winds. It might just eat them currents like scooby snacks. :mjcry:

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I thought I was trippin :dwillhuh:

Every time I look at a satellite update that shyt is moving straight ahead still :gucci:

shyt is spooky as fukk. They keep telling us it'll curve up the coast and that shyt hasn't even began to swerve at all. :lupe:

I don't think we'll really know until the morning how sharp the curve will be, if at all.

Geode

All Star
Daps
Nahh I just got a passion for weather, growing up in rural Alabama I've been through Hurricanes, Snowstorms (well for Alabama standards), Ice Storms, Hailstorms, Floods, Heat Waves, so it's just interesting to me, the science behind weather is amazing. I'm shyt at math so I can't do all the calculations but in terms of reading models, following analogs, reading radars, I taught myself, I really wish that there was a Meteorology elective in HS because I think kids really need to know this type of stuff because whether it's with Dorian or other storms, people can be misinformed easily, hell Trump was probably about to send aid down here for a storm that's not even gonna hit us.
:ohhh:
Could have fooled me!

I agree, people should know about their surroundings. I had to teach myself some of the basics so I could teach others. But I definitely learn something new with each of your hurricane threads.
:salute:

RammerJammer

#RollTide #TSC #RiseUp #BullsNation #RIPKobe
Daps
Reppin
Montgomery, Alabama
shyt is spooky as fukk. They keep telling us it'll curve up the coast and that shyt hasn't even began to swerve at all. :lupe:

I don't think we'll really know until the morning how sharp the curve will be, if at all.

It's gonna turn but man where that turn is gonna be will be crucial, it's still moving west, slowly.

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Everything I'm seeing has the eye just off the coast with one path I've seen making landfall just over Volusia county and going straight through Duval:mjcry:

It might be worse if the eye barely misses landfall for us.. The only plus is that this storm looks so small to what I'm used to seeing