Hurricane Dorian makes landfall in Cape Hatteras

goatmane

Veteran
Daps

Nothing gonna change until a Cat 5 hits Naples, South Florida or Sarasota and completely destroys a bunch of old people homes and retirement plans

Baby boomers dont give a fukk. Even then they still gon vote Republican for abortion or guns

OGBIGBOY187

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cam's Range Rover

Nothing gonna change until a Cat 5 hits Naples, South Florida or Sarasota and completely destroys a bunch of old people homes and retirement plans

Baby boomers dont give a fukk. Even then they still gon vote Republican for abortion or guns
i live in sarasota and it amazes me how this pocket of Florida barely gets grazed when hurricanes come through

I pick shyt up
Daps
Reppin
Vixens, Mascara's, Mary-Ann's
Can you explain what this means? Were you ever in a the eye of a hurricane?

A hurricane's wind speed goes from strongest to weakest, inside to outside...

I was in the eye of a weak hurricane here back in like 04 or 05, I can't remember it's name.. It was either Cat 1 or downgraded to a tropical storm by the time it hit us but there was still a decently defined eye..

So like I said the winds are strongest around the eye. I remember the wind being strong, but not tear your house down strong. Then all of a sudden, damn near sunlight for maybe 20 min.. You could literally go outside while you're in the eye and you'd think it's over..

But after about 20 min I could see the other eye wall coming so I took my ass back in the house..:russ:

Nature is crazy.. Like I said my storm was very weak and I've also been in Jacksonville my whole life so I'm kinda numb to hurricane season..

I'm just shook of the tornados:mjcry:

Edit
The eye of the storm I was in was fairly small so I could almost see both sides.. its literally a circle of open sky and you'll appear to be surrounded by clouds

Last edited:

staticshock

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Peep this:

This bytch passed over St. Thomas (where I live) last Wednesday as a Category 1 when at the time everyone said it wouldn’t upgrade beyond a tropical storm and also wouldn’t even hit our island. We ate that like a Scooby snack (back in 2017 two cat 5s hit us).

Then it completely bypasses Puerto Rico which is relevant because I had to catch a flight there on Friday and was worried I wouldn’t be able to spend my weekend with my girl.

Now it’s a cat 5 and I’m here in PR sipping on mojitos watching it all unfold :lupe:.

How is it living in St.Thomas?

So after I posted this gif I noticed something

35181716.gif

Look at the south eyewall and you’ll see lightning, it’s another sign that it’s significantly strengthening even at 175 mph and the CDO is getting its act together so this is actually stronger than anyone predicted.

you're very well informed about this...do you work in the weather field?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
How is it living in St.Thomas?

you're very well informed about this...do you work in the weather field?

He should be or is, or is just a huge weather fan.

We just praying these currents hold up. Local meteorologist was just saying that south Florida would avoid storm surges based on the direction the hurricane is moving. Also likely that rain will be minimal since southwest side is weakest. But that depends on how these two wind currents play out. One going west to east across like Georgia and the other out in the ocean a bit more north of the hurricane. They'll determine how soon it hopefully turns. A turn further out is best case scenario, but if the eye hugs the coast then everything from like palm beach to Jacksonville is fukked.