Hunter & Kobe & Some Kid Named Jett..... Juwan Presents: 2022-2023 Michigan Wolverines Basketball Thread

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
MBB is getting their asses beat tonight, but WBB have a good game. If the ladies want to compete for the conference title, then this is almost a must win. That's just how competitive the conference is.

This team is so bipolar, I can see them pulling it out.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
The guys fought hard BUT tonight was the night where I could really see what Coach B was saying about being frustrated with the college game.

What I mean is the 2021-22 class Headlined by Caleb Houstan and Diabete is hurting the team NOW. Two guys who could've benefited by staying in college but opting to be lottery picks but will probably be out of professional basketball let alone the NBA in less than 3 years.

When I say hurting the team the depth and construction of this team is really bad and the coaching staff had to scramble and it's showing:

Maybe Llewellyn would've gotten better like Devante Jones did last year but before his injury he never seemed comfortable running the point but the blessing in disguise is Dug is playing a year early and he will be better next year for it.

Hunter is still getting his, but he doesn't have a lot of pieces around him but he is more inconsistent in spots this year

The guy who REALLY, REALLY, REALLY drives me crazy is Reid Jr.

I understand he's a freshman BUT he has one of the lowest basketball IQ's I ever seen, even for a freshman. He should be a JUCO or at best a D3 player. He got 4 stupid fouls in the first half that really took him out of the game and disrupted the flow of the game including that stupid technical foul. Fukk him, give Tcheter his minutes. Reid Jr can't catch the ball, knot kneed with very small hands = DISASTER

Jawan deserves a lot of the blame for the construction of the roster but yeah we're most likely a NIT team and we have TWO tough back to back road games coming up.

Still some "fans" on certain messages boards want Jawan gone...:mjpls:

With the success of the team in the past, some won't accept a "down year" but it is what is. Hopefully they keep fighting but a lot of the better teams and blue blood programs go for development of the 2- 3 star instead of the 5 star or the transfer portal. Look at the top 5 rosters. Michigan has to get better in that regard.

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
The guys fought hard BUT tonight was the night where I could really see what Coach B was saying about being frustrated with the college game.

What I mean is the 2021-22 class Headlined by Caleb Houstan and Diabete is hurting the team NOW. Two guys who could've benefited by staying in college but opting to be lottery picks but will probably be out of professional basketball let alone the NBA in less than 3 years.

When I say hurting the team the depth and construction of this team is really bad and the coaching staff had to scramble and it's showing:

Maybe Llewellyn would've gotten better like Devante Jones did last year but before his injury he never seemed comfortable running the point but the blessing in disguise is Dug is playing a year early and he will be better next year for it.

Hunter is still getting his, but he doesn't have a lot of pieces around him but he is more inconsistent in spots this year

The guy who REALLY, REALLY, REALLY drives me crazy is Reid Jr.

I understand he's a freshman BUT he has one of the lowest basketball IQ's I ever seen, even for a freshman. He should be a JUCO or at best a D3 player. He got 4 stupid fouls in the first half that really took him out of the game and disrupted the flow of the game including that stupid technical foul. Fukk him, give Tcheter his minutes. Reid Jr can't catch the ball, knot kneed with very small hands = DISASTER

Jawan deserves a lot of the blame for the construction of the roster but yeah we're most likely a NIT team and we have TWO tough back to back road games coming up.

Still some "fans" on certain messages boards want Jawan gone...:mjpls:

With the success of the team in the past, some won't accept a "down year" but it is what is. Hopefully they keep fighting but a lot of the better teams and blue blood programs go for development of the 2- 3 star instead of the 5 star or the transfer portal. Look at the top 5 rosters. Michigan has to get better in that regard.

Elite 8 and 2 Sweet Sixteens and they want him gone :dead: They seem to forget about the down Beilein years after the 2013 season. You can tell most Michigan basketball fans are casually fans. Juwan draws up good stuff it's just that this teams outside of Hunter has little to no game experience and no feel for in-game situations. Team make too many mistakes in crucial times of games.

College Basketball is in a weird spot now. Seems like the days of building a team and winning with young 4 and 5 stars are over. It's all about winning with a roster that has played together for 3+ years or a team with mostly upperclassmen and transfers together.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Playing lackadaisical on defense vs Indiana isn't going to fly. They have too many shooters for that nonsense.

Anyway, it's been really nice to watch Kobe and Dug grow up before our eyes. Neither of these guys were supposed to be starting this year and it's easy to forget that. Regardless of Jett and Hunter's status, the team should be fun to watch next year. I think they're still a 4 away from being interesting, but I'll save that for the off-season.

Rell

All Star
Daps
Reppin
I can't remember the last time Terrence Williams made a shot or didn't do some dumb shyt.

Edit: And there he was with a put back then followed by some dumb shyt :russ: