Hunter & Kobe & Some Kid Named Jett..... Juwan Presents: 2022-2023 Michigan Wolverines Basketball Thread

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Well, they really need to beat UNC. Losing Jaelin kills guard depth, but for his sake I hope he has a speedy recovery. Nobody wants to end their season like that. It sucks to type this after he got hurt, but I thought they should have considered bringing him off the bench. Kobe has been the better lead guard, so I'm not sure what Jaelin brings to the starting lineup at the moment.

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)
Dug McDaniel > Llewellyn. Kid is going to make some mistakes but he ran the offense beautifully tonight. His 'feel" of the game is special. Had a few jaw dropping passes and layups that had me whoop: Only going to get better the more he plays. Hunter, Kobe and Jett :eat: Dominate victory tonight.

:banderas: can't teach that

Last edited:

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
This team is still trying to gel. The last three losses against Virginia, Kentucky, & NC were very winnable games. I don't know if its a lack of communication or leadership on the court but right now they are looking like a NIT team going into a tough big 10 schedule. Season is not loss yet but if they can't figure out a way to win these close games then it will be.

Mister Terrific

It’s in the name
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
I would be in favor of giving Juwan breathing room if he wasn’t constantly trying to fight everybody. Also his offensive has always looked janky. Not being able to recruit or develop a PG and losing players to the draft early are indictments as well.

I don’t know, seat should be very hot.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
If they're winning, you can say his outbursts are passionate and whatever else. When they're losing at home to Central and playing like shyt, it looks like a guy who's lost control of himself and the team.

I've been saying since at least last season I didn't think he's a good coach but he's had a couple NCAA runs out of nowhere that were enough to give him a chance.

The team isn't improving and players aren't progressing under him either. Diabate basically chose the G-League instead of a return season. Franz Wagner is looking like a potential future All-Star in the NBA and he NEVER looked like that in Ann Arbor.

Trust Me

Coli Prophet
Daps
Reppin
Orlando
Juwan fukked up the makeup of this team. I'm not off the Howard wagon yet.. he can actually fix this in one offseason. Lets see how this team grows into next year and then I'll see where we're at.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Juwan fukked up the makeup of this team. I'm not off the Howard wagon yet.. he can actually fix this in one offseason. Lets see how this team grows into next year and then I'll see where we're at.
That's sorta where I am too..

He has had an elite 8 appearance, a couple of back to back sweet 16s, won coach of the year last year along with a big 10 title...

It's hard to wonder who in that stretch could have done a much better than him as the HC at Michigan. I feel he may be in a situation like Harbaugh was a few years ago. He needs to find an identity, Jawan has his head into the whole portal thing but he should probably focus on building guys who are going to be around longer and build a TEAM...

The truth is Dug is just not ready to be that guy, and Hunter has regressed horribly, that NIL money has definitely gone to his head. Jett & Kobe have potential but they also are getting ZERO production off the bench and a even bigger disappointment is Terrence Williams, literally cant get anything out of him.

Michigan football was mediocre for years and these last two years we have found prosperity BUT under Coach B who handed the keys to Jawan, the basketball team has been good year in, year out for 10+ years. So a "down year" is not going to be well received and it seems the tide is turning for the first time on Jawan...

Next year will be a make or break season for him...

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad
Another good win, Maryland and PSU aren't bad teams, but Saturday is a big test vs Sparty at Breslin. It seems they're figuring it out right on schedule. It doesn't excuse the close wins and loss to those mid-majors, but finishing in the top half if the conference is the only path to the tourney.

Shout-out to @Trust Me for not freaking out over a young team playing like a young team.