Hunter & Kobe & Some Kid Named Jett..... Juwan Presents: 2022-2023 Michigan Wolverines Basketball Thread

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad

For those who don't know, Olivier is a massive get for the program and would have been the most consequential player even if Love was on the roster.

Best guess depth chart:

Dug | Jaelin
Nimari | Jaelin | GW3
Tray | Yo-yo | Nimari | Jace
Olivier | T-Will | Tray | Will-T
Tarris | Olivier | Will-T

They have 2 remaining scholarships and they're allegedly in hot pursuit of Antonio Reeves (G, Kentucky) who hasn't entered the portal yet, but is anticipated to as a grad transfer.

Caleb was supposed to graduate early and transfer to Michigan, but he didn't do the work so the transfer didn't happen. It was an "admissions issue" in the sense that, he didn't have the bachelor's degree required to be admitted as a graduate transfer.

Nimari Burnett was in a similar situation, but he did the work to graduate early. The OL from ASU, Ladarius Henderson, is in the similar situation and guess what? He's doing/did the work. Caleb not being here is his own fault, not Juwan's or LSA's.

Daps
Reppin
Lagos (Da Jungle)

For those who don't know, Olivier is a massive get for the program and would have been the most consequential player even if Love was on the roster.

Best guess depth chart:

Dug | Jaelin
Nimari | Jaelin | GW3
Tray | Yo-yo | Nimari | Jace
Olivier | T-Will | Tray | Will-T
Tarris | Olivier | Will-T

They have 2 remaining scholarships and they're allegedly in hot pursuit of Antonio Reeves (G, Kentucky) who hasn't entered the portal yet, but is anticipated to as a grad transfer.

Caleb was supposed to graduate early and transfer to Michigan, but he didn't do the work so the transfer didn't happen. It was an "admissions issue" in the sense that, he didn't have the bachelor's degree required to be admitted as a graduate transfer.

Nimari Burnett was in a similar situation, but he did the work to graduate early. The OL from ASU, Ladarius Henderson, is in the similar situation and guess what? He's doing/did the work. Caleb not being here is his own fault, not Juwan's or LSA's.

Nkamhoua has star potential especially in this offense Juwan runs. Has a nice mid range game too. A year with Juwan should unlock his game even more.

intra vires

Glory to Michigan
Daps
Reppin
The Catholepistemiad

Goddammit, I'm going to have to follow the wackass Hawks now. They already got me watching the trash ass Dream because they drafted Naz.

Also, the only people who love Michigan basketball players more than the Orlando Magic is the Michigan basketball program. I'm waiting for them to adopt maize as a secondary color at this point.

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Here is my question and I think its fair. Does what happened last night officially put Jawan on the hot seat for next year?

I look at it from two angles, one looks can be deceiving. People who follow the program knows the NBA is all about potential and not substance. Coming into the season it was Jett's team but Kobe got better and took over. Jett wont make a second NBA contract and last year he was a horrible rebounder and couldn't play defense to save his life.

The other angle is on the surface you still had two guys still go top 15 with a All-American center and still lost in the second round of the NIT. No excuse for that shyt with how the college landscape is now.

Jawan has to get it done, hope last year was just a fluke but I'm not sure.

djthegreat88

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Flint, MI
Here is my question and I think its fair. Does what happened last night officially put Jawan on the hot seat for next year?

I look at it from two angles, one looks can be deceiving. People who follow the program knows the NBA is all about potential and not substance. Coming into the season it was Jett's team but Kobe got better and took over. Jett wont make a second NBA contract and last year he was a horrible rebounder and couldn't play defense to save his life.

The other angle is on the surface you still had two guys still go top 15 with a All-American center and still lost in the second round of the NIT. No excuse for that shyt with how the college landscape is now.

Jawan has to get it done, hope last year was just a fluke but I'm not sure.
Jett wont make a second contract? :why:

He was just a lotto pick in a solid draft class. Guys his size and with shooting stroke will always find a job. What are you talking about?

heart

Down By Law
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Jett wont make a second contract? :why:

He was just a lotto pick in a solid draft class. Guys his size and with shooting stroke will always find a job. What are you talking about?
I watched every second of every game he played at Michigan and he seemed like just a guy. I didn’t see ONE game where I was impressed with his skill set.

I think he could’ve used another year same Houstan & Diabete. Look at the quantum leap in Kobe’s game especially on the defensive end in his second year. But I understand when the league calls, you have to go.

Maybe he will get to that second contract but I do not see him being a star in the league.