'Hunger Games' Star Criticizes Taylor Swift, Madonna for "Rampant" Appropriation of Black Culture

Hardest Since MC Ren

Kizz My Black Azz
Daps
Reppin
NULL
We're just entertainment to these muthafukkas...i cant blame them..we just want to entertain

Racist cacs watch sports dominated by negroes..root for negroes,pick negroes in their lil gay ass fantasy leagues

Racist cacs play Hip Hop at parties to get bytches loose

Racist cacs gonna make a grip betting on Mayweather

:francis:

IGSaint12

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I told nikkas on here, the mixed girls go harder for the movement sometimes than full black people. :sas2:

In typical Coli fashion, I was labeled a liar and all mixed people are c00ns looking for white validation though. :skip:

Hope she doesn't get black balled because of this, but you know how white people are. :francis:

Not all mixed people go hard for the pro black movement though but a lot do.

Richard Wright

Living Legend
Daps
I first want to say that I respect this young woman for speaking her mind and doing what she thinks is defending herself. However, I have two major issues with what she said.

Firstly, I want to address the definition of black culture. In America our culture was stolen from us. I'm sorry, but there is no black culture. We only have whatever we have rediscovered from our roots. Something like 'hip hop' stopped being black when corporations took it over. I'll give you some examples of black culture: Jazz, Kwanzaa, hip hop, black Wall Street. America has either assimilated or destroyed all of these things. In all cases they are debased. There is no black culture because America always destroys it, from the days of splitting up our ancestors who spoke the same language on the plantation to iggy azalea.

Secondly, I want to address the "if we loved black people as much" section. This kid can speak for herself. I'll speak for America here then speak for myself. Why would (white) America love us? I'll leave this as a question because I could not care less if they do or not, fukk cacs. And the reason those of us who not love our community feel that way (c00ns) is because of the debasement of our culture. So America can't love black people as much because America steals or destroys the things we could have pride in, that should inspire love. Instead they cause hate.

Lastly, I want to speak for myself. I was raised to look out for other black people. But tbh, I've never met anyone outside of the coli that wasn't a c00n. Like the protagonist from wrights the outsider, I will not allow the fact that I descended from slavery pigeonhole me into feeling a certain way about anything. America is a war zone, the matrix, cacs are agents and c00ns are the other people. As a black man the media, feminism, racism, the government, corporations, the courts, this shyt is all against you. So I say let them take twerking, and build a personal empire while the enemy thinks he is winning.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
2iqobpy.jpg

14y1vs4.jpg

maunao.jpg

29c5edf.jpg

lol @ misguided
1zyhnye.jpg
White people will never get it. And when you think they do...they deflect. Everything to appear flawless and to not understand the point.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I agree with every point the girl made in theory, BUT I think we have to be careful.

A white girl putting a few braids on the side of her head (like they showed the Jenner girl) is not jacking Black culture.

Now, Justin Timberlake wearing a head-full of cornrows is a different story. But white girls or other races wearing partial braids in their hair is not Black culture.

Furthermore, everyone doing it is not doing it out of disrespect or mockery. To me, if someone truly appreciates the culture/loves it, then they shouldn't be chastised for it. Because they're not just doing it for money.'

To me, intent is the main issue. We can't get mad at everyone for wanting to be like us, unless of course their intent is in the wrong place.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Since when is twerking "black culture?" That shyt is stripper "culture," let's stop associating negative shyt with black culture.

The stripper culture should have never been in the open. It was better off being an underground thing back in the 90a.

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
Amandla Stenberg :patrice:

*googles "Amandla Stenberg parents"*

9084019.jpg
:francis:

*edit* i realize now that's Jeff Bridges....y'all can stop quoting me now. she still gotta white daddy tho

What have you done to help young people become woke? :sas1:
Are you even black?:ufdup:

White supremacy has gotten you so twisted, that you discredit mixed race people for speaking truth to power.

Last edited: