'Hunger Games' Star Criticizes Taylor Swift, Madonna for "Rampant" Appropriation of Black Culture

JerseyBoy23

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Essex County, NJ
You guys should see the comments from cacs on Buzzfeed and Buzzfeed's FB page. "But but we're all humans," "If Natalie Portman makes a movie about Ballet is she culturally appropriating Italians." :comeon:

Edit: When she's talking about Taylor Swift she's referring to this video

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
I'll take my L on this. I know hip dances originate in Africa (and South America), and while I still don't think "twerking" is black culture I can at least appreciate and acknowledge the origin story.

Naw nikka it don't work like that
oprah-shakng-her-head.gif

You can't take an L and still disagree. You taking the L BEACUSE what you agreed with is WRONG.
Twerking is black, you said it wasn't, you're wrong. That's all there is to it :francis:

cheek100

Truuu
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Props to the young gal
That's courage
Since when is twerking "black culture?" That shyt is stripper "culture," let's stop associating negative shyt with black culture.
Twerking is black culture sir
not negative

Daps
Reppin
VOID
Applause.

It's not rocket science folks.

White people are infatuated with black culture...but hate black people.

People like Miley, Iggy, Katy Perry, Macklemore, Justin Bieber, Diplo, Eminem are a wet dream for these people cause they can finally have their piece of black culture without actually having to deal with black people or even support them in any sort of way.

And even with the overwhelming evidence that they are swagger jacking blacks...they'll try to act like whites did it somehow...kind of like how they claimed rap started in Ireland in the 1700s in pubs or Twerking originates to German origins.:francis:

It's the whitewashing of Egypt all over again.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Hmmm this young sista is making some really good points though. I didn't know Jeff Bridges was her pops though. Still dude is kind of a hippie so he probably encouraged her to explore her roots and shyt.

Daps
Reppin
VOID
You ever go to a cac strip club?

Cant twerk to that bullshyt music they play

Twerking is black culture
Yep.

You can't twerk to "Talk Dirty To Me " by Poison.

And them cac strippers ain't got bodies. Flat asses, fake t*ts, made up to oblivion.

I went once during my friends bachelor party almost six years ago....never wanted to leave a strip club so bad...it was so wack.

(Lean Ambrose)

" Your all going to diiiiiie, pew pew pew"
Daps
Reppin
Go fukk yourself, Midwest
Her father is Danish..

.. but I'm mixed myself so I can't hate. I just usually notice some the strong :mjpls:in mixed girls with white fathers compared to mixed girls with black fathers. Though, she seems intelligent and is very pretty. She definitely knows a little bit of what's up, but watch her find herself a white boyfriend and settle down before she finds out the even harsher realities about race in America :yeshrug:Someone check her social media and see if she already has a boyfriend. :sas2:
Breh I swear mixed girls will fukk with a full black man before most mixed dudes will fukk with a full sista... In my life experience though b:whoa:... Maybe yours is different...

Daps
Reppin
SN1
[QUOTE ="jackswstd, post: 13019089, member: 50"]How am I trolling? Aside from Shake It Off which I have no clue how anyone could confuse with being Hip-Hop, how has she stolen black culture?[/QUOTE ]
It's not hip hop but she's making fun of a culture she knows nothing about. That's going to offend people.

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
Yep.

You can't twerk to "Talk Dirty To Me " by Poison.

And them cac strippers ain't got bodies. Flat asses, fake t*ts, made up to oblivion.

I went once during my friends bachelor party almost six years ago....never wanted to leave a strip club so bad...it was so wack.
Its so terrible lol

Bishes got no rythym and look like meth heads :wow:

They be stripping to that song called pour some sugar on me :mjlol:

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
Breh I swear mixed girls will fukk with a full black man before most mixed dudes will fukk with a full sista... In my life experience though b:whoa:... Maybe yours is different...
Exact opposite in my experience. Had mixed dudes with the WTF face on when full blk dudes make a big deal outta pawgs...lol!

Some give em the straight work. "How da hell you gon cape an albino cave bish and overlook a sista?"

Brought a tear to my eye. But on the real, mixed people don't go harder than people in our own race. They just get acknowledged more b/c of the new and different factor. Youtu er Chelesleigh been at it for a while, just like Lupe Fiasco, but it's only noticed when somebody mixed does it.

That tells more about who we really value than anything...smh

Regardless it's always refreshing to hear the truth and I have seen a few mixed people go hard, probably b/c they're trying to solidify their place within our culture. Kinda like those Asian Rastafarians I met at a club in Japan. Dudes only let blks in the VIP section...lmao.

Otherwise, she's partially right. Whites appropriate stereotypes of blk culture they've superimposed onto our race. Most hip hop producers and companies are white/Jewish. They pay blks to hide their intelligence and act clownish to sell whites the fantasy that our sub-culture truly is who we are as a race. Nothing brings in white dollars like popular racial narratives that support the lies whites have told about us since we left the shores of W. Africa.

Twerking is a subset of African dance culture. Negative hip hop culture is a subset of oral historic culture of telling story through rhythm. Whites take the b*stardized versions of our culture so that they can enjoy them but still maintain that our culture is inferior when it is judged negatively as corrupting these poor little white women.
Enjoy shakin ur azz, blame it on blks when it's not accepted. Pawgs are masters of this dynamic. Enjoy blk dyck, cry rape when it's not acceptable.

(Lean Ambrose)

" Your all going to diiiiiie, pew pew pew"
Daps
Reppin
Go fukk yourself, Midwest
Exact opposite in my experience. Had mixed dudes with the WTF face on when full blk dudes make a big deal outta pawgs...lol!

Some give em the straight work. "How da hell you gon cape an albino cave bish and overlook a sista?"

Brought a tear to my eye. But on the real, mixed people don't go harder than people in our own race. They just get acknowledged more b/c of the new and different factor. Youtu er Chelesleigh been at it for a while, just like Lupe Fiasco, but it's only noticed when somebody mixed does it.

That tells more about who we really value than anything...smh

Regardless it's always refreshing to hear the truth and I have seen a few mixed people go hard, probably b/c they're trying to solidify their place within our culture. Kinda like those Asian Rastafarians I met at a club in Japan. Dudes only let blks in the VIP section...lmao.

Otherwise, she's partially right. Whites appropriate stereotypes of blk culture they've superimposed onto our race. Most hip hop producers and companies are white/Jewish. They pay blks to hide their intelligence and act clownish to sell whites the fantasy that our sub-culture truly is who we are as a race. Nothing brings in white dollars like popular racial narratives that support the lies whites have told about us since we left the shores of W. Africa.

Twerking is a subset of African dance culture. Negative hip hop culture is a subset of oral historic culture of telling story through rhythm. Whites take the b*stardized versions of our culture so that they can enjoy them but still maintain that our culture is inferior when it is judged negatively as corrupting these poor little white women.
Enjoy shakin ur azz, blame it on blks when it's not accepted. Pawgs are masters of this dynamic. Enjoy blk dyck, cry rape when it's not acceptable.
I respect it and salute that...:salute:...