'Hunger Games' Star Criticizes Taylor Swift, Madonna for "Rampant" Appropriation of Black Culture

YourMumsRoom

Black Excellence
Daps
Reppin
Where I shouldn't be
Whenever race is discussed people often derail the conversation. Who cares about if twerking is black or not. You're attacking a piece of her argument thinking it invalidates or weakens the whole. The point is that when we do something it's seen as having no value, but whenever famous white people do it, it's suddenly great. Its something that's been happening for years and needs to stop. Some people are taking a thread where a young celebrity isn't c00ning and ruining it by arguing trivial elements.

I mean lets take a moment to see how many misconceptions and stereotypes are being addressed here. On the coli I've seen many people accuse black women of bedwenching and light skinned/mixed people of c00ning yet what are we seeing here?
1.A person that is calling out white supremacy in the media
2.A black female calling out white supremacy
3.A mixed person with a black mother and white father who is not afraid to go in on white people and identify as black

all in one. This is beautiful. In a world where the likes of T.I. and Kendrick Lamar are caping for white women who don't give a fukk about black people but are all too eager to steal our shyt and make money off it, here is a person whose career is still young basically hitting everyone with the :manny: and speaking with common sense and morality, not giving a shyt if it will fukk with her money or her so called 'golden opportunity' to become rich and famous for entertaining white people. How any of you can feel anything other than pride for this astounds me.
Spot 'the f%&k' On, breh :salute:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
The hilarity of y'all not being around black people is hilarious. Twerking is literally one of the only dances men and wknen do together at a party, club etc. Lmaoo y'all lame as hell. It is not mostly strip clubs you damn lames and before you come at me Lil nikka. Remember all the real black people agree with me because its in our culture unlike you cacs and c00ns. Square ass nikkas man.
:dead:

Breh I don't know where you stay at, but round here if a nikka starts twerking....well...I really shouldn't have to say it :mjlol:

"all the real black people agree with me"

Log off breh

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
:dead:

Breh I don't know where you stay at, but round here if a nikka starts twerking....well...I really shouldn't have to say it :mjlol:

"all the real black people agree with me"

Log off breh
You slow ass nikka. Do you not get twerk?? Y'all cornball standing on the wall nikkas man. Females twerk on men. That's how we dance dork. When a young black man and women dance we are behind her and she twerks on us. Have you ever been around black people before wtf is going on in this thread.

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
How exactly has Taylor Swift of all people appropriated black culture? Just cause she dances to rap music at award shows.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Twerking (and a whole host of other irrelevant shyt)....they can keep it :ld:

We should start appropriating other peoples shyt, you know the useful stuff. Asians wanna rap and sip lean? Cool, trade me stereotypes, i'll take the bad driving and the economic/academic status :laugh:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
You slow ass nikka. Do you not get twerk?? Y'all cornball standing on the wall nikkas man. Females twerk on men. That's how we dance dork. When a young black man and women dance we are behind her and she twerks on us. Have you ever been around black people before wtf is going on in this thread.
Oh you mean grinding? My bad breh

But please continue to inform me of things I apparently don't know :mjlol:

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
It's all good breh, just be glad you learned the difference here rather than in public

I'd hate to see the reaction if you told nikkas you were twerking :heh:

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's all good breh, just be glad you learned the difference here rather than in public

I'd hate to see the reaction if you told nikkas you were twerking :heh:
I'm:russ: leave you alone. I guess you couldn't take the L so you trying to frame the convo different. That's cute breh.

AITheAnswerAI

Ethereous one
Supporter
Daps
She's not lying,

However stop this plea for whites to see black people like they do other whites. That's unrealistic, it's not going to happen. Instead of looking for their approval, try outdoing them and building your own shyt.

I think all the racist backlash on the internet when cacs were complaining about Rue being black must've stuck with her.

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
I've never had a problem with mixed folks standing to affirm black culture I just don't want them taking from black people what belongs to us. If you come to serve then serve.