Howard University medical school has zero ADOS black men.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Black men are the one of the largest groups getting 2 year stem degrees.... not to mention trades and truck driving.... a lot of those certifications can lead to 50-70K jobs with little to no debt..... I think a lot of black men are comfortable with that.....

Now there are more black men in college than ever before but the focus might not be on degrees that lead to health care professions.... especially the top end careers......

Plus like @Hiphoplives4eva was saying, black families focus more on the girls education than the boys..... couple that with all female schools and it makes sense why many young black men seem disinterested in college.... Africans are the opposite... it's boys first....
Y'all need to start telling those truckers to go into trades or IT
Self driving truck just went across the country

Daps
Reppin
NULL
That area around Howard U been being gentrified for a while. This lets you know even Howard U, itself, is gentrifying. Howard U is like the premier HBCU. I remember not too long ago, like 15 years ago, wasn't no cacs or non-blacks anywhere near Howard. :ohhh:Cacs have been taking the chocolate city back. In 20 years, DC will be barely 25% black. Even Southeast being gentrified. In 50 years, DC will be the East Coast San Francisco and will be less than 5% black. But I never seen a black male doctor come to think of it.:jbhmm: Have seen black female doctors. But doctors are always cacs, Indians and Asians. :stopitslime:

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Notice not one person in here can break down how a foreigner "takes away" a slot from a local valid applicant.
*puts on glasses.

Med school classes were capped by Congress in the 90s to prevent a overabundance over doctors. This artificial cap made getting into med school extremely competitive.

Med schools tend to want "diverse classes" so they have a certain number of "URM" or under represented minority spots typically these are for blacks and latinos. Being that foriegners are overrepresented in higher education and many pursue medicine they tend to take these URM spots. Since you just need a black face to show diversity. So lil Kwame makes up some bullshyt story about the one time he went to Rwanda and he gets the spot over Jamal.

The selection process so bad you got Asians trying to claim black fir a leg up.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
So is there any research or study done on this? or are we just coming to conclusions from an unverified youtube account.

Also
"Thank you to Yvette Carnell, Antonio Moore, Tariq Nasheed, and even Roland Martin for bringing awareness to this problem."
:mjlol:
You can look up medical school acceptance rates they are pubic information on the AAMC site. You can also find them on Reddit.

I met my state medical school class last year. They had 174 incoming. 6 if those were black men. Only 1 didn't have a accent.

BigMan

Veteran
Daps
That area around Howard U been being gentrified for a while. This lets you know even Howard U, itself, is gentrifying. Howard U is like the premier HBCU. I remember not too long ago, like 15 years ago, wasn't no cacs or non-blacks anywhere near Howard. :ohhh:Cacs have been taking the chocolate city back. In 20 years, DC will be barely 25% black. Even Southeast being gentrified. In 50 years, DC will be the East Coast San Francisco and will be less than 5% black. But I never seen a black male doctor come to think of it.:jbhmm: Have seen black female doctors. But doctors are always cacs, Indians and Asians. :stopitslime:
DC will never be 5% black It hasn’t always been at least 20-25%. It’s not California

Also east of the river has gotten blacker over all

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
the more i see these threads the more it seems like the black community, all of us, are getting played.

it feels like the reparations discussion is being used to turn us against each other and further dilute black progress. something just doesnt feel right...

I will say it's very interesting watching how people respond to ADOS distinguishing themselves the way they do.

gldnone913

Integrity and Consistency
Daps
Reppin
VA
That info is sad, and HU is the beacon of all formal black education worldwide.

If this is the case, we're doing bad :sas2:

It's an HBCU.......I'm going to assume that majority of decision makers there are AA. The notion I've read about foreign Blacks taking AA slots in colleges wouldn't seem to apply here. Neither would the notion of whites giving preferential treatment/admission decisions to Black foreigners over AAs.

I have no proof of discrimination against AAs, but Howard's president is Trini, not AA.:hubie:

With that being said, black folks from the Caribbean and Africa become doctors at a higher clip than AAs. I wonder if this is a trend across medical schools or if this is just an anomaly for this class