Howard University medical school has zero ADOS black men.

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
the more i see these threads the more it seems like the black community, all of us, are getting played.

it feels like the reparations discussion is being used to turn us against each other and further dilute black progress. something just doesnt feel right...
90% of DDoS threads have nothing to do with reparations. 90% are hate threads. MAGA like st0rmfr0nt threads

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
i see that too. this why i feel like we're getting played and something isn't right.
It's been like this. This is not new. Yvette is based in hate. No surprise her followers are following suit

FLATOP

Superstar
Daps
Im gonna go walk over and check :mjpls:

Well maybe I would if the stats mentioned women too :mjpls:

Daps
Reppin
The Coli
I'll have to do some searching but I remember a thread on here somewhere affirming something to that effect. The argument was that the newer generation is more interested in going the IT route and getting straight to the money rather than spending years in medical school and racking up debt. African parents on the other hand tend to be pretty strict on that "Doctor, Lawyer, or you're a shame to our family" route cuz that's what they know as respectable and profitable professions.

How many people believe that last point tho? :mjpls:

Black men are the one of the largest groups getting 2 year stem degrees.... not to mention trades and truck driving.... a lot of those certifications can lead to 50-70K jobs with little to no debt..... I think a lot of black men are comfortable with that.....

Now there are more black men in college than ever before but the focus might not be on degrees that lead to health care professions.... especially the top end careers......

Plus like @Hiphoplives4eva was saying, black families focus more on the girls education than the boys..... couple that with all female schools and it makes sense why many young black men seem disinterested in college.... Africans are the opposite... it's boys first....

#1 pick

The Smart Negroes
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Lamb of God
Black men are the one of the largest groups getting 2 year stem degrees.... not to mention trades and truck driving.... a lot of those certifications can lead to 50-70K jobs with little to no debt..... I think a lot of black men are comfortable with that.....

Now there are more black men in college than ever before but the focus might not be on degrees that lead to health care professions.... especially the top end careers......

Plus like @Hiphoplives4eva was saying, black families focus more on the girls education than the boys..... couple that with all female schools and it makes sense why many young black men seem disinterested in college.... Africans are the opposite... it's boys first....
Africans and Caribbeans, more like boys and girls education as 1st, 2nd and 3rd option. Even playing sports, it's not a priority unless you talented talented.

David_TheMan

Banned
Daps
I"m gonna tell you all something.
Having worked at HBCUs and attending one for 2 years.

They are not for black Americans.
These institutions have been co-opted by african and carribean immigrants and various asians.
You can graduate from an HBCU they won't even given you an instruction job except as an adjunct, but they'll bull any indian, asian, or african as a professor with full tenor. These guys get in and they only bring in and suggest their own fellow immigrants for positions. Especially in the STEM programs.

Go to any HBCU and look at the instructors in the STEM majors, this isn't because black Americans don't apply, either.
I went to ASU, we had NONE, NOT A SINGLE immigrant in our honors program and the majority were in the sciences all graduated. All had to go to PWIs like UAH, UAB, UA, or Auburn to get positions teaching, the HBCUs rejected them. Now get this a white guy with just a masters was offered a full teaching position at ASU, while black ASU graduates with PHDs from PWIs didn't even get call backs.

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
the more i see these threads the more it seems like the black community, all of us, are getting played.

it feels like the reparations discussion is being used to turn us against each other and further dilute black progress. something just doesnt feel right...

To me it’s no coincidence that it takes precedence during elections. Just another way to go tribal, split groups into factions and give trump another 4 years. This will be the end result, make no mistake about it. It saddens me to think that.

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Black men don't become doctors because on top of the lack of wealth your family has you got to be a broke nikka with ambition for 10 years and if you wash out ain't nobody fukking with a med school drop out with 6 figure debt. It all boils down to a lack of economic access, risk/reward and support system for wash outs.

If you flunk outta med school, that's 8ish years of your prime down the drain and you're fukked financally. Sisters do well in med school because you can be a complete drop out with high debt loser but you'll still find a decent enough dude to support you. :comeon:
This is nothing but pure bullshyt you idiot.

Most of the foreigners in med school are DEAD BROKE AND ARE TAKING SCHOOL LOANS.

The females are doing well because they're smart, driven, and motivated. I would know because i know a good number of them. Furthermore, most of them are single or in equally yoked relationships. So the idea that they don't mind debt because "they can just find a dude" is a fukking lie and pathetic

Im sick of people like you finding other groups to blame for your own failures. Stop crying and focus on building yourself up. People like you who love making excuses are pathetic.

Shorty K

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This is nothing but pure bullshyt you idiot.

Most of the foreigners in medschool are DEAD BROKE AND ARE TAKING SCHOOL LOANS.

The females are doing well because they're smart, driven, and motivated. I would know because i know a good number of them. Furhtermore, most of them are single or in equally yoked relationaships. So the idea that they don't mind debt because "they can just find a dude" is a fukking lie and pathetic

Im sick of people like you finding other groups to blame for your own failures. Stop crying and focus on building yourself up. People like you who love making excuses are pathetic.

:mjpls: