Howard University medical school has zero ADOS black men.

GMoney

Nostalgia Junkie
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Abundance
They're steady digging for shyt to rile people up against Africans and Caribbeans.

Why would this rile up anyone against Africans and Caribbeans, especially when Asians are in the mix in this scenario? The point he makes (takes from Darity) about black immigrant admissions is that it's used to mask the failure of black Americans.

The G.O.D II

A ha ha
Supporter
Daps
Simple fact is most black males or Addis whatever aren’t getting into the medical field because

A) They aren’t exposed to it. Most inner school districts have shyt stem programs

B) It’s honestly not worth it. Like others have said, the cost and time in med school is torture. Come out of school and be racked with debt. Then you have to deal with insurance companies, state programs, potential malpractice suits, etc

TaxCollector13459

2018 Coli Rookie of the Year
Daps
Why would this rile up anyone against Africans and Caribbeans, especially when Asians are in the mix in this scenario? The point he makes (takes from Darity) about black immigrant admissions is that it's used to mask the failure of black Americans.

:mjpls:

Ya dont say

TaxCollector13459

Daps
This is the truth nowadays. With Med school pricing never being higher and cost of living spiraling out of control, people rather be engineers or IT workers. They don't have the time to study for 10+ years before they can have a decent lifestyle.

I knew a dude in my old unit whos' fiancee at the time (married now) was doctor and they stayed fighting over finances.

She easily was making 6 figures as far as salary concerned but them loans and fees she wasnt seeing none of it

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
I knew a dude in my old unit whos' fiancee at the time (married now) was doctor and they stayed fighting over finances.

She easily was making 6 figures as far as salary concerned but them loans and fees she wasnt seeing none of it

And many of those doctors don't finish pay off their loans till they middle aged. That's far too long of a compromise of your life for a profession. They need to cut down the costs of tuition on all universities, both public and private for the sake of the well being of the next generation's financial needs.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
How can anyone here be surprised by the lack of black males AADOS.

There are countless threads basically saying entrepreneurship / trade > secondary education for the black man.

There are countless threads discussing why AADOS females from the same environments tend to academically outperform their male counterparts.

There are tons of comments questioning why someone would want to study for so long.

If even half of black males AADOS influence their sons re their future education, then I can see why representation may remain low.

Aint nobody trying to study for 10 plus years no more

Simple fact is most black males or Addis whatever aren’t getting into the medical field because

A) They aren’t exposed to it. Most inner school districts have shyt stem programs

B) It’s honestly not worth it. Like others have said, the cost and time in med school is torture. Come out of school and be racked with debt. Then you have to deal with insurance companies, state programs, potential malpractice suits, etc

TaxCollector13459

Daps
How can anyone here be surprised by the lack of black males AADOS.

There are countless threads basically saying entrepreneurship / trade > secondary education for the black man.

There are countless threads discussing why AADOS females from the same environments tend to academically outperform their male counterparts.

There are tons of comments questioning why someone would want to study for so long.

If even half of black males AADOS influence their sons re their future education, then I can see why representation may remain low.

I mean, its just realistic though. There are much easier fields where you can get your bag much sooner and less headache. You already in the hole finanancially for 8 plus years, minus intrest. You already starting in a grave as a rookie doctor imo

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.

Unless there is more to the story this is a disingenuous post by Antonio.
AM applied to and graduated from Law School and then passed the(California) bar.

He knows the criteria for acceptance and graduation from undergrad and law school/medical school/mba programs having gone through it..and he also knows the races and ethnicities of people most represented in those settings (especially out in California)

The story about no first year AA students at Howard Medical School is hard to believe, but how does this tie into ADOS?
It's an HBCU.......I'm going to assume that majority of decision makers there are AA. The notion I've read about foreign Blacks taking AA slots in colleges wouldn't seem to apply here. Neither would the notion of whites giving preferential treatment/admission decisions to Black foreigners over AAs.

Without flaming or lobbing insults, can somebody explain to me what AM's point might be?

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
The reality is many ADOS families place a heavy emphasis on sports for the men. African families stress education moreso. Me and my brother were both 6ft and bulky, but my parents forbade us to play sports.

It's just depends on what people stress. Sadly, education is not something that appears to be heavily stressed heavily amongsts ADOS males from my experience. All the institutions of higher learnings I attended, from my hbcu undergrad to my professional school, ADOS men were always scarce in number.

Black women are generally well represented though

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Unless there is more to the story this is a disingenuous post by Antonio.
AM applied to and graduated from Law School and then passed the(California) bar.

He knows the criteria for acceptance and graduation from undergrad and law school/medical school/mba programs having gone through it..and he also knows the races and ethnicities of people most represented in those settings (especially out in California)

The story about no first year AA students at Howard Medical School is hard to believe, but how does this tie into ADOS?
It's an HBCU.......I'm going to assume that majority of decision makers there are AA. The notion I've read about foreign Blacks taking AA slots in colleges wouldn't seem to apply here. Neither would the notion of whites giving preferential treatment/admission decisions to Black foreigners over AAs.

Without flaming or lobbing insults, can somebody explain to me what AM's point might be?
AM is nothing more than an anti-African racist.

Is he insinuating that Howard is discriminating against ADOS in favor of Africans? SMH