Howard University medical school has zero ADOS black men.

3rdWorld

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Men are generally disappearing from medicine..Statistically most doctors are now female.

Phitz

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Recent Howard (undergrad) graduate here. It’s true, most of the people I know at HU Med school aren’t #ADOS. But there’s more to that. The few male ADOS I know who studied biology undergrad at Howard got really good scholarship offers from better PWI Med Schools (ie Harvard). They could’ve easily continued at Howard, but given their options it wouldn’t have made sense.

Thank you for cosigning my ealier statement. The premise of this thread is misleading and gaslighting. Why go to Howard if you can go to Johns Hopkins or University of Michigan or Duke

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
The video that Antonio Moore tweeted that supposedly illustrates no ADOS male students at Howard,is
short and horrible produced.

The clip just has a handful of interviews with foreign students, and then features a Howard medical school group photo (let's assume they are students - the video provides absolutely no background info) that actually shows about 30 black males. We have no idea what their heritages are from the video.

This is just internet outrage propaganda and nothing more.

Wear My Dawg's Hat

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
The Land That Time Forgot
And with all the talk of Black women having more degrees than Black men, what are the programs in place to get more Black boys into colleges?

Anybody who has spent significant time mentoring or being related to black boys is fully aware that they are struggling mightily in school. Much more so now than years ago.

And they are struggling much more academically than black girls, but because they aren't girls nobody gives a damn today.

At this point, having any numbers of African-American male students being denied entry to Howard med school would be a perverse luxury when we're working so hard to just get them graduated safely through high school.

⠝⠕⠏⠑

Veteran
Daps
I don't know if the medical field is like the hiring process for higher ed, but we have blk male faculty who sit on the hiring committees with me.

We FREQUENTLY and actively recruit for blk male professors. Like blatantly so. Out of a stack of 60 applications recieved...ZERO black males seeking tenure track positions at Research 1 universities.

Hell if I even see an ethnic name, my eyes light up. HIRED! Lmao!
We mostly get whites, blk females, Africans, Asians, Indians.
Hell its rare to see Hispanic males too.

Eddy Gordo

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I don't know if the medical field is like the hiring process for higher ed, but we have blk male faculty who sit on the hiring committees with me.

We FREQUENTLY and actively recruit for blk male professors. Like blatantly so. Out of a stack of 60 applications recieved...ZERO black males seeking tenure track positions at Research 1 universities.

Hell if I even see an ethnic name, my eyes light up. HIRED! Lmao!
We mostly get whites, blk females, Africans, Asians, Indians.
Hell its rare to see Hispanic males too.
Somewhat

A top tier Medical application would have a four year degree with med school pre reqs on thier transcript.

A 3.7 or above GPA on said transcript

A MCAT score of 518 or higher

Couple hundred clinical hours in a hospital setting.

Couple hundred volunteer service hours

At least 50 hours shadowing a doctor(s)

And have a name published in academic research journal.

Most applications don't have all of these but many have most to a lesser degree.

Like I said earlier they also look for underrepresented minorities but Africans get a lot of those spots.

How Sway?

Great Value Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So What does he want them to do? Not admit black immigrants.
Breh, its medical school, the best candidates(on paper ofcourse) are always going to be selected.

I'm sure if you look at the numbers you'll come to find that there arent a whole lot of black men applying to med school like that.
And if you take away black immigrants and the offspring, that number get substantially lower.

And the ones that are selected more than likely end up selecting a pwi

sportscribe

Superstar
Daps
As usual...a 20+ page on this site where black immigrants for some reason are singled out as the reason for a perceived lack of progress in African-American communities. Now people have even descended into "affirmative action" talking points like far-right Republicans. It's no wonder that your ilk has aligned itself with the likes of Anne Coulter. Self-hating c00ns.

Shout out to the real African-Americans that understand that black people in America are in this struggle together, and not these African-Americ00ns that want to sow discord in the black community. We see right through y'all.

Last edited: