Howard University medical school has zero ADOS black men.

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Let’s not also forget that ALL immigrants and kids of immigrants are heavily over represented in the most difficult coursework and professions.

If you were born here, It’s hard to explain the value that immigrants put in eduction. It’s almost religious.

Some families sell everything they have so one child in the entire extended family can go to school especially the U.S.

It’s no wonder then, that as a group, immigrants excel in education. The motivation and expectations are unreal.

lib123

All Star
Daps
Recent Howard (undergrad) graduate here. It’s true, most of the people I know at HU Med school aren’t #ADOS. But there’s more to that. The few male ADOS I know who studied biology undergrad at Howard got really good scholarship offers from better PWI Med Schools (ie Harvard). They could’ve easily continued at Howard, but given their options it wouldn’t have made sense.

Lost1

Rookie
Daps
Nigerians/Ghanians/Ethiopians/Haitians etc all pretty much let you know they are distinct from black people and make sure to go out their way to tell you what they are themselves within an hour of meeting them.

Does it feel bad to see ADOS starting to do the same? Why does this particular distinction trigger such latent resentment within you and nobody else's does?:jbhmm:

:mjpls:

those groups mostly use non-english names

maybe haitians using french names could be confused for ADOS from Louisiana or something

but not most of the others

if you actually 'meet them' --- talk to them and introduce yourself to them and vice versa -- then most of them would not even need to tell you that they are distinct from ADOS because their names alone will give it away that they have foreign origins

so i think you're exaggerating here about the frequency that this occurs

more likely people ask them about their difficult-to-pronounce-for-other-people names and they have to tell other people where they're from

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
Recent Howard (undergrad) graduate here. It’s true, most of the people I know at HU Med school aren’t #ADOS. But there’s more to that. The few male ADOS I know who studied biology undergrad at Howard got really good scholarship offers from better PWI Med Schools (ie Harvard). They could’ve easily continued at Howard, but given their options it wouldn’t have made sense.
So you're saying that the well qualified ADOS applicants are eschewing their traditional black schools for the "better" white schools?

:mjpls:

Interesting post.

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
I assume you'll be leaving the site then? I wouldn't want your precious time to be spent on a site potentially owned by a dreaded immigrant.
First of all, you passive aggressive as a female. You should get that checked out. :francis:

Second, that just go to show how much you misunderstand #ADOS. I still go to black doctors who are non ADOS. I don't hate nobody or try to stop them from eating. I just ask that others treat me and mine the same way.

Yall are very corny with this purposeful 'misunderstanding'. :russell: That's cac tactics. 'Reparations for what??? :damn:'

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
First of all, you passive aggressive as a female. You should get that checked out. :francis:

Second, that just go to show how much you misunderstand #ADOS. I still go to black doctors who are non ADOS. I don't hate nobody or try to stop them from eating. I just ask that others treat me and mine the same way.

Yall are very corny with this purposeful 'misunderstanding'. :russell:
You clearly stated ADOS need their own spaces to get away from the annoying Africans and african immigrants. So please miss me with the plea copping.

You can't shyt on non ADOS in one breath, then claim I'm the aggressive one.

Again, the owners i here aren't ADOS. Consider banning yourself.

Last edited:

HarlemHottie

Uptown Thoroughbred
Daps
Reppin
#ADOS
You clearly stated ADOS need their own spaces to get away from the annoying Africans and african immigrants. So please miss me with the plea copping.

You can't shyt on non ADOS in one breath, then claim Im he aggressive one.

Again, the owners i here aren't ADOS. Consider banning yourself.
Your logic SUCKS and you argue like a bytch, making up whole stories and shyt.. I said we need to have our own spaces so we can have these conversations amongst ourselves, period. I accused no one of anything.
Around here, Africans have their own business orgs and such. Should I take that as hostility or simply as ppl wanting to get together with like minds? :jbhmm:

Robbie3000

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Your logic SUCKS and you argue like a bytch, making up whole stories and shyt.. I said we need to have our own spaces so we can have these conversations amongst ourselves, period. I accused no one of anything.
Around here, Africans have their own business orgs and such. Should I take that as hostility or simply as ppl wanting to get together with like minds? :jbhmm:

Ain’t no safe spaces. You mention us in deragotary terms and we at you.

fukk we look like letting people attack us without defending ourselves?

You would do the same damn thing.

And what’s truly sad, is most of us support your claims for reparations.

Daps
That old article rejects EVERYTHING that she embraces now.

If you read the article in its entirety and understand the nuance of sociopolitical theory, viewing it within the context of black struggle and the reparative solutions that she's become a staunch advocate of, what she wrote 7 years ago isn't mutually exclusive from what she's espousing now. In the article, she speaks of being more hopeful and less pessmistic, more cautious of the self-fulfilling prophecy in uninterrupted negativity about the prospect of black male achievement in our society. She can look at the system in which black men live and argue that it requires reparative action to truly unlock the chains that restrict our mobility, while also turning inward and asking black society to stop raising our sons on a steady diet of fatalism, which only sows within their minds that failure is an inevitability. Do you think she believes Tone is a failure without reparations? Or Tariq? Or other black men she has nodded to in agreement during her streams? If she believes in the potential of black men, it only follows that she would become more militant about demanding reparations. :francis:

Daps
Reppin
Canada
Of course thecoli would come up with this ADOS meme. It reeks of an inferiority complex to other nikkas.