How would YOU introduce the X-Men into the disneyverse?

Canon

Veteran
Daps
I wouldn't do a movie :yeshrug:

X-Men being team based, there's so many characters and story arcs and locations that can't be fleshed out in a single movie.
it being a big budget HBO style show would be dope as well

don't have to worry about star power as much either

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
I'd just say mutants always existed and now they're population is increasing due to the snap
professor x and magneto have always existed
wolverine always existed as a mindless weapon for the majority of his life
with the existence of mutants skovia accords become even worse

Last edited:

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
NO WHEN I SAY HISTORY
IM SPEAKING OF COMICS/CARTOONS

NOT THE MOVIES...

BASICALLY MEANING WE CANT
HAVE MUTANTS COME INTO EXISTENCE
IN 2025.

NAH THEYVE BEEN HERE
AND DOING THEIR OWN THING IN THEIR UNIVERSE
WHICH CAN BE SHOWN IN
PREQUEL MOVIES LIKE
CAPTAIN MARVEL BEING BASED
IN THE 90S.
:devil:
:evil:
yeah exactly if they can shove captain marvel in they can shove the x-men in

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
How will they introduce Reynolds’ Deadpool is a better question.
high chance he's just going to be from his universe and emerge in the MCU via DR.Strange 2 confused on what's going on.
I bet his movie is about him finding his girlfriend's variant in the mcu and she turns out to be comics accurate copycat

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
neg for anyone who says phoenix saga :beli:

Breh it's gonna be some multiverse, "Oops, OMG these people shouldn't be here" bullshyt and they are gonna beg Hugh Jackman to do atleast one movie.

At this point the X-Men don't make any sense in the MCU.

The best way to introduce them is Namor fukking up Wakanda and Black Panther and them trying to take it out on all mutants.

But, too much shyt has gone on for the X-Men to just pop up and "exist."

Easy-E

I 💗My Tribal Chief
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NO/VA/Nashville
Humans were always going to develop the mutant gene, but due to the snap and less people being on Earth because of “evolution/survival ect” the gene activated in mankind early. There have always been mutants but because the numbers were so small no one knew what to make of it or what to call them. Now theyre appearing in numbers and Professor X is one of the first people to put it all together.

And you're making the X-Men basically start from square one. :snoop:

EDIT:

AW HELL NAH

THE XMEN HAD TO HAVE EXISTED
BEFORE THE SNAP.
TOO MUCH HISTORY THERE.

MULTIVERSE MAKES MORE SENSE
THAN THIS.
:devil:
:evil:

This.

I can't stand to watch the X-Men literally have to start with NO history.

I think that, and i'd add the following caveat:

Wanda has been running from her past and she concealed the entire x-men and mutant existence INTO a separate universe. She is ashamed to be the daughter of Magneto and said welp...no more mutants...in this universe and sent them packing to Fox.

She can no longer keep that pocket universe separate following the snap, the events of loki, the events of Spiderman, and the events of dr strange coming up...and she has another break. they enter the main universe.

You've got to recon Wanda :snoop: and make her THAT damn powerful and that just kills me as a comic fan.

This is why going away from the books comes back to bite you.

Again, it's gonna be some "multi-verse" shyt that I'm already tired of.

Her backstory was explored pretty well for a C character. Retcon, Retcon, Retcon.

Just reboot the shyt...been downhill since Endgame anyway.

Starboy52

Superstar
Daps
I mean, it'd be really easy to introduce Logan & Magneto through Cap/Hydra. With Logan, he'd be a part of the Howling Commandos Special Combat Unit that Cap headed. He keeps his powers/immortality under wraps because despite fukking with Cap and Bucky like that, he doesn't fukk with them like THAT. Following the war, he turns down Peggy's offer to join S.H.I.E.L.D and goes off on his own, leading to events that cause him to become the wolverine that we all know.

Magneto? He's a prisoner of Hydra/Them Nazis due to his unique abilities and is freed by either Cap or Logan during one of the raids. Seeing the cruelties and horror that man is willing to inflict upon others in order to mimic a fraction of what he can do without their Super Soldier Serums and experimentations, the experience sets him down the path of becoming a Mutant Supremacist.

Storm - If they run with the Wakandan/Black Panther backstory, she was at one point T'Challa's betrothed and couldn't go through with it due to the mounting pressure/feeling uncomfortable for being worshiped as a Goddess on earth.

Prince.Skeletor

Don’t Be Like He-Man
Daps
Reppin
Bucktown
I would start it with a horror movie.
All starting with Wolverine, they kidnap him, put adamantium bones in him.... ohh but then he escapes.
He's in the vents, hiding in places, smelling shyt, and BAM out of nowhere he grabs you from the shadows and slices you the fukk up!!!!!!!!!
Whole movie is Wolverine in the research facility, and in the end finally he escapes the facility.

Second movie is Rogue, played by Kira Perez.
She is seen growing up as a foster kid, not anyone loving her, then once reaching adulthood she depressed she can't touch no one or she steals their powers.
So she gotta wear gloves all the time.
The show is her not being able to find love and fighting evil villains during the day, in the end we get a cameo from Gambit, played by Bill Burr.

Then we get the X-men movie, and the rise of the Sentinels.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
I'm glad to have @Ed MOTHEREFFING G back because of threads like this and I think this thread might have sparked something...

It just occurred to me that the only X-Men related project dropping is X-Men '97, the continuation of the 90s X-Men series. :jbhmm:

I'm starting to think that they will somehow be pulled from that series into the MCU. There's not really any other tangible reason why they'd be reviving this show, there's no real market or payoff for reviving that show unless they were incorporating the characters into what's current, no? :patrice:

And by doing this, the characters are already what they are, and they'd already covered a lot of the base X-Men related storylines that don't involve other heroes, so it's a seamless transition that will allow them to cover new ground without having to do a ton of introductions or character development

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
I like this.

I would then introduce the X-man antagonists
  • Senator Kelley
  • Bolivar Trask - senior government official
  • Sebastian Shaw - presidential counsel - secret mutant
who are legislating ways to address the 'mutant threat' and 'human extinction agenda'. JJJ interviews them on The Daily Bugle.com :mjgrin:

The difference is that there are a small wave of humans who develop mutations immediately following the blip, and from then on kids start showing mutations at puberty. Professor X is the first OPEN mutant and invites mutants worldwide to seek refuge and learn at the school he is opening. The first people to visit are

Professor X's student and fellow mutant Hank McCoy
Cyclops
Angel
Jean Grey
Rogue
ice Man
Havoc

as the movie progresses you see other mutants plan to visit the mansion from across the globe, including storm, gambit, colossus, etc. The story doesn't focus on them but they exist.

Meanwhile, Sebastian Shaw is continuing / restarting the super soldier program and pitches the idea of creating the greatest army in world history of mutants for the united states. He turns the supersoldier program into the Weapon X. He views Professor X as a threat, as he wants mutants and humans to live in peace. He then creates Weapon X and sends him to the mansion where all hell brakes out. he kills a bunch of shytty mutants nobody cares about [sunfire, banshee, dazzler]. To be clear, wolverine is sold as fukking unstoppable. a true final boss of this movie. Professor X has to call a friend in the science community...Bruce Banner. You get the Wolverine vs. Hulk battle :blessed:. Wolverine is only stopped when Cyclops steps up to lead the team in battle, and professor X finally gets thru to wolverine's mind and relaxes him as hulk pummels him. Then he shares his old millitary nickname of Wolverine. And "they chose me because I'm the best at what I do. And what I do...is KILL :demonic:"

Final act is the X-men with Wolverine battling with Shaw and some of his followers who were down to be in the mutant army.

some pencil neck disney writer is presenting this to feige on monday

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
Since the MCU borrows heavily from the Ultimate comics, have mutants be a byproduct of the government accidentally creating mutants during the cold war when trying to reproduce the super soldier program. Not a lot of mutants emerged during the past few decades. Not enough to really warrant widespread fear but people know there are people with "abilities" out there. The government finds out about them and kidnaps them and kills them or locks them up to experiment on them (Wolverine, Sabretooth, etc).

During the last twenty years or so, Xavier and Magneto have been trying to find mutants and train them. Magneto being a young adult survivor of the ethnic conflicts in the Balkans in the 90s. During that time period is when he fathered Wanda and Quicksilver but dipped and the kids were adopted by their "parents." Xavier and Magneto have their falling out like ten years ago and Magneto cripples him.

The snap somehow activated the "x-gene" in mutants worldwide during the five years from the snap to the beginning of Endgame so you have an explosion of mutants popping up around the world. Due to the chaos during the snap, Xavier is able to recruit his X-Men and train them with little to no problems while Magneto does the same with the Brotherhood.

The U.S. government creates the Sentinels initially to go after super powered beings due to the events of the snap but when mutants start emerging then they start going after them.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Another approach they could take is starting with a fully formed team but telling the story from Kitty Pryde's POV. I can already picture the first 15 minutes.

Kitty Pryde is your everyday American teenage girl living in Chicago. She goes to school and lives a normal life... until news outlets, television, and the internet begin spreading stories of the "mutant menace". Her world starts to fall apart as social tension rises around her, affecting her school climate, her home life, and everything around her. At this point she barely knows what a "mutant" is.
One day, she begins to develop strangely severe migranes at odd intervals. (at home, school, dance class with Stevie Hunter, etc)
A few days later, a strange man in a wheelchair shows up to her house and introduces himself as Professor Charles Xavier . Xavier invites her to join Charles Xavier's school for the gifted. Thinking that things will blow over in due time, Kitty assures herself that the migranes are nothing and the school she's already at will serve her well enough. She declines Xavier's invitation.

Over time the migranes get worse and worse, until she collapses and falls through a solid wall. Kitty begins to seriously wonder if she might really be a mutant like Xavier said. She visits the coffee-a-go-go to have a drink and collect her thoughts.

Walking home, a gang of suspicious characters (Friends of Humanity) follow her, having seen her phase through the wall earlier.
"We saw what you did back there, MUTIE!" they shout as they attack Kitty Pryde. As Kitty frantically runs for her life, she is unable to control her powers. Backed into a corner, she desperately begs for SOMEONE to save her. At the last moment, a lightning bolt strikes one of the attackers, and a crimson beam blasts another across the street. Another attacker steps on a glowing playing card that promptly explodes. Kitty desperately runs to make a break for it as clouds of black smoke can be seen on the edge of the screen and in the background. Another man grabs her and is promptly punched by a metal fist (we don't see who the fist belongs to). Kitty slips and hits her head.

The last thing she sees as her consciousness fades are a couple of blurry figures of a large man and a woman in green punching the bad guys. The screen fades to black as she hears a voice with a southern drawl say...

"G'night sugah."

Kitty wakes up in a white room, unsure of where she is. She hears a voice speaking to her (as a nod to the OG X-men movie in 2000). Unsure of who she's speaking to, she runs out of the room and is introduced to Professor X. He explains where she is (the mansion), and that she is a mutant with the X-gene. Professor X continues as he tells Kitty that he teaches mutants about their powers. At that moment, he introduces his students and a door begins to open.

"To me, my X-men."

The door opens.

...and there's nothing there.
Kitty is puzzled, wondering where everybody is.
"I thought you said your students were going to--"

899569.jpg

The X-men come busting through the wall right behind Kitty and Xavier as the logo shows up onscreen for the first time. (Note: You could also add Rogue and Gambit to the screenshot above.)

Last edited:

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Mutants were there all along but professor X was blocking the entire Earth's memories of them to protect them...... until Thanos and the blip had him shook so he stopped. Now he feels mutants must protect Earth from another Thanos so he starts recruiting.

AnonymityX1000

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
New York
I'm glad to have @Ed MOTHEREFFING G back because of threads like this and I think this thread might have sparked something...

It just occurred to me that the only X-Men related project dropping is X-Men '97, the continuation of the 90s X-Men series. :jbhmm:

I'm starting to think that they will somehow be pulled from that series into the MCU. There's not really any other tangible reason why they'd be reviving this show, there's no real market or payoff for reviving that show unless they were incorporating the characters into what's current, no? :patrice:

And by doing this, the characters are already what they are, and they'd already covered a lot of the base X-Men related storylines that don't involve other heroes, so it's a seamless transition that will allow them to cover new ground without having to do a ton of introductions or character development

6:42 mark