How would YOU introduce the X-Men into the disneyverse?

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
the main problem would be the like the Eternals but worse...."why didn't yall help fight Thanos?"

the 2nd problem would be if their powers awaken you're gonna have a bunch of people with powers new to them, we're not gonna be jumping into people who already have mastered their powers and can do cool shyt.
Xavier could've been using his school to train mutants in how to master their powers so that they can blend in with the rest of the world not become super-heroes.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Okay on to my idea about Mutants/Inhumans.

"The Mutants" branding is trash. I would say aside from trying to figure out how to handle her powers, the biggest challenge for the Ms. Marvel show is them trying to figure how to show a distinction between inhumans and mutants...and you shouldn't

You need to combine the two concepts from the jump and split hairs later with exposition. Inhumans end up with powers after being infected by terragen mist, they're 'sick', leppers, they need to be quarentined after a public freak out. From that point on, anybody mutating for any reason is IN-HUMAN rather than 'mutant'.

Look at Monica for example, the hex altered her DNA for sure but there was something weird going on with her just from getting dusted. Regardless of why you change...you're not human and will be seen as a threat.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

"The Mutants" branding is trash. I would say aside from trying to figure out how to handle her powers, the biggest challenge for the Ms. Marvel show is them trying to figure how to show a distinction between inhumans and mutants...and you shouldn't

You need to combine the two concepts from the jump and split hairs later with exposition. Inhumans end up with powers after being infected by terragen mist, they're 'sick', leppers, they need to be quarentined after a public freak out. From that point on, anybody mutating for any reason is IN-HUMAN rather than 'mutant'.

Look at Monica for example, the hex altered her DNA for sure but there was something weird going on with her just from getting dusted. Regardless of why you change...you're not human and will be seen as a threat.
Have they said whether they were going to keep Ms Marvel as being an Inhuman in the show?
After that disastrous TV show it wouldn't shock me if they plan on never speaking of The Inhumans for a good while.

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na

Just have Inhumans be a secluded kingdom like it has been, until they decided to change it

If they have a good story reason for terrigen bombing a human city, then do that later

Say whatever to tie Ms.Marvels origin into it

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Why not?

We didn't see every news report in the MCU
You could absolutely say that
Mutants exist, but ppl don't know how many they're are
Maybe there's a lot, maybe there's a few

Magneto...already answered that
He has powers, he's been using them, he may have even been going on missions and fighting people, but he hasn't been doing any big terrorist stuff until he has exactly what he needs

Why didn't Xavier help during Thanos?
He exists, but he's not a hero yet
Xmen don't exist yet, individual team members are regular civillians

Xavier in the comics isn't going to walk into a horde of space aliens, even if there are other heroes around, like lemme play my part too

The problem is you'd have to rewrite the entire X-Men and by extension, mutants, history.

And I don't mean slightly. You'd have to change damn near every character's entire back ground.

Fans were already pissed off MCU Wanda and Quicksilver had no ties to Magneto. You're essentially asking them to do that to every character.

But that's exactly what they did with the OG movie, with an earlier reveal in first class time-line.

Small enough numbers (like Vampires, which aren't going to appear out of thin air in the MCU) mean you can lay low. A lot of people are thinking bu bu bu how come the x-men didn't get involved?!?!?

X-men don't exist in our time-line yet. And being born a mutant doesn't make you a hero. In fact it's more likely to make you indifferent if not antagonistic toward humanity.

Yeah but the difference is this is shown in the very first movie in the X-Men franchise.

The fact that the 2000 X-Men movie starts with a Senate meeting on mutants establishes that this is well known in this franchise, despite it being the 1st movie.

It would only be similar if something like this was mentioned in "Ironman" in 2008. Even in passing.

As it stands we're damn near 30 movies deep in this cinematic universe without a scene like that to establish that mutants had been around.

And truth be told the Fox X-Men time line is absolute gibberish so they never committed to a definitive origin, anyway. We went from "mutants are a recent development in 2000" to "mutants damn near started WW3 in the 1960's". :mjlol:

Fred.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
The problem is you'd have to rewrite the entire X-Men and by extension, mutants, history.

And I don't mean slightly. You'd have to change damn near every character's entire back ground.

Fans were already pissed off MCU Wanda and Quicksilver had no ties to Magneto. You're essentially asking them to do that to every character.

Yeah but the difference is this is shown in the very first movie in the X-Men franchise.

The fact that the 2000 X-Men movie starts with a Senate meeting on mutants establishes that this is well known in this franchise, despite it being the 1st movie.

It would only be similar if something like this was mentioned in "Ironman" in 2008. Even in passing.

As it stands we're damn near 30 movies deep in this cinematic universe without a scene like that to establish that mutants had been around.

And truth be told the Fox X-Men time line is absolute gibberish so they never committed to a definitive origin, anyway. We went from "mutants are a recent development in 2000" to "mutants damn near started WW3 in the 1960's". :mjlol:

Fred.
I don't think the Scarlet Witch and Pietro even grew up with Magneto in the comics

I think the best thing for Magneto is to say he looks younger as a side effect of his powers

MCU doesn't give a fukk about timelines, they made Hank Pym an old man

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
It’s hard to explain mutants just showing up when Professor X, Magneto, and Logan exist. And neither of them helping against Thanos would be weird unless all mutants got snapped.

Marvel’s probably bringing them in through multiverse. Unless the X gene just shows up and those other 3 are the only multiverse characters coming into the MCU :lupe:

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Have they said whether they were going to keep Ms Marvel as being an Inhuman in the show?
After that disastrous TV show it wouldn't shock me if they plan on never speaking of The Inhumans for a good while.

They haven't said but it's seemingly been a lot of issues with the show, they keep making adjustments.

Just have Inhumans be a secluded kingdom like it has been, until they decided to change it

If they have a good instant reason for terrigen bombing a human city, then do that later

Say whatever to tie Ms.Marvels origin into it

There's rumors that Black Bolt will show up in MOM in the illuminati. I think they'll try to bring Inhmans back into play through Ms. Marvel.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I don't think the Scarlet Witch and Pietro even grew up with Magneto in the comics

I think the best thing for Magneto is to say he looks younger as a side effect of his powers

MCU doesn't give a fukk about timelines, they made Hank Pym an old man

Hank Pym is a C tier character breh. You're asking them to Hank Pym the X-Men and all it's respective heroes and villains.:mjlol:

Literally thousands of characters.

As far as Wanda and Pietro, that's not the point. In the MCU they aren't mutants. In the comics, they are.

If Magneto was in the back ground then people are going to wonder why his children aren't mutants.

If they rewrite it that they aren't his kids....then that invalidates a lot of comic arcs.

Which is why this isn't a good idea. Changing mutants, their origin, their history, etc. is going to have a domino effect that can easily be side stepped by the multi-verse.

Fred.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
Hank Pym is a C tier character breh. You're asking them to Hank Pym the X-Men and all it's respective heroes and villains.:mjlol:

Literally thousands of characters.

As far as Wanda and Pietro, that's not the point. In the MCU they aren't mutants. In the comics, they are.

If Magneto was in the back ground then people are going to wonder why his children aren't mutants.

If they rewrite it that they aren't his kids....then that invalidates a lot of comic arcs.

Which is why this isn't a good idea. Changing mutants, their origin, their history, etc. is going to have a domino effect that can be easily side stepped by the multi-verse.

Fred.
Pietro and Wanda can be re-connect as mutants
And Magneto can still play the background

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Pietro and Wanda can be re-connect as mutants
And Magneto can still play the background

You mean retconned?

GvnzXYA.gif

I get that you don't like the multi-verse idea but preferences aside everything you're saying is just....more work for no reason.

The MCU already established Wanda is a witch with ties to chaos magic, and exposure to the Mind Stone expanded her powers.

Now you're asking them to retroactively make her a mutant, too?
wg7Roa5.png

If they had any intention of doing what you're suggesting they would've started with her.

"Wandavision" would've been the perfect opportunity to say her hex magic was actually mutant abilities.

Instead, they doubled down on her not being a mutant.

Fred.

SunZoo

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
And if it's a recent development then people are going to wonder what the catalyst was. And at that point you might as well explain it (the multi-verse, or Wanda doing a reverse "no more mutants").

Fred.

There's rumors that Strange and maybe even Wanda will discover the actual comics as they jump through different realities interacting with different varients of themselves and others. That sounds crazy meta but could make the reverseal of HOM a little easier to get to.

Imagine a portion of the movie looking like What If :whoo:

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
There's rumors that Strange and maybe even Wanda will discover the actual comics as they jump through different realities interacting with different varients of themselves and others. That sounds crazy meta but could make the reverseal of HOM a little easier to get to.

Imagine a portion of the movie looking like What If :whoo:

Man that would be dope as fukk.
OshTFrw.png

Fred.

Formerly Black Trash

Daps
Reppin
Na
You mean retconned?

GvnzXYA.gif

I get that you don't like the multi-verse idea but preferences aside everything you're saying is just....more work for no reason.

The MCU already established Wanda is a witch with ties to chaos magic, and exposure to the Mind Stone expanded her powers.

Now you're asking them to retroactively make her a mutant, too?
wg7Roa5.png

If they had any intention of doing what you're suggesting they would've started with her.

"Wandavision" would've been the perfect opportunity to say her hex magic was actually mutant abilities.

Instead, they doubled down on her not being a mutant.

Fred.
Yeah I meant retcon