How would YOU introduce the X-Men into the disneyverse?

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
This is gonna be tough in my opinion. What I mean is the X Men were so well done in the Fox Movies its gonna be hard for people to forget that. They should use the same actors from the old movies. Hugh Jackman is old I know but I think he said he would consider doin the character again in the MCU..

I understand why people would say a fresh start but man its gonna be hard to me because those movies were dope and left a mark at least to me..

If they were trash like the Fantastic 4 movies it would be easier.

I love the ideas being tossed around in here though they’re all fire

Last edited:

Formerly Black Trash

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
Always been around, just unmentioned because narrative was focused on the Avengers

Just drop a comment like more and more adolescents have been developing powers out of nowhere

Magneto or whatever mutant villains have been operating, just on a smaller scale to stqy in the shadows and accomplish their specific goals

Until their ready to reveal themselves

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
In a perfect world it's through the multiverse and all the Fox shyt counts already so the audience can just pick up where we left off. Jackman retains his role.

Nah...Jackman played Wolverine for 20 years already, time to let somebody new take up the role. And Logan was the perfect way to retire the character.

Plus he's in his 50s now, which while not too old to play the character a couple more times, I'm sure they'll want someone younger that can play him for another 10 or 20 years.

Now if they want to do a multiverse story where he shows up I'm all for it, but I don't think Jackman should be the "main" Wolverine in the MCU.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Nah...Jackman played Wolverine for 20 years already, time to let somebody new take up the role. And Logan was the perfect way to retire the character.

Plus he's in his 50s now, which while not too old to play the character a couple more times, I'm sure they'll want someone younger that can play him for another 10 or 20 years.

Now if they want to do a multiverse story where he shows up I'm all for it, but I don't think Jackman should be the "main" Wolverine in the MCU.
Yeah but he bodied that role son.

It’s gonna be next to impossible to live up to him.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
it has to be politically based but we not doing the 40s Nazi Germany intros and then the X and Martin comps this time...

We gonna be in present day so probably a spin on the Defund the Police movements and anti-immigration

Makes sense, but if they went that route then a certain portion of the fanbase ( :mjpls: ) would spend all day bytching about SJWs and liberal media and whatnot. It would be pretty annoying I imagine.

acri1

The Chosen 1
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Yeah but he bodied that role son.

It’s gonna be next to impossible to live up to him.

True, but that's why I say let Wolverine sit the first X-men movie out and just foreshadow him in the end credits scene.

That way it gives a little more time for people's memories of Jackman to fade before they introduce a new Logan.

Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
just thinking about the X-Men in the MCU makes me laugh about the people worried about the future of the MCU ... they are sitting on a goldmine of characters / storylines that can last a decade plus ... and we all know mutants are coming and coming soon
My "worry" to the extent you can call it that isn't about the IP that they have access to it's about the people they cast in those roles. They knocked the iron Man and Captain America castings out of the park.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I always said they should use the Utopia/5 Lights storyline.

Mutants have always existed, but maybe only let's say only 2000 scattered around the world (as opposed to 198 in the comics and hundred of thousands previously). The X-Men already existed, all of the previous events in X-History happened...Magneto origin, Prof X/X-Men origin, etc...there were once plenty of mutants but some unknown event happened and new mutants haven't been born in 20 years. And of course a lot were killed by Hate Groups.The second snap created the first new mutant born, and reactivated the X-gene in people so there is an instant exponential increase of mutants, so now people are being the bigots they are, because the mutants aren't heroes, they're just regular people trying to live their lives. The Utopia (or Genosha) angle was the gov't giving the X-Men an island to live on, and as long as they don't interfere with the world, they are left alone. The X-Men leave and set out to find these let's say 10 new mutants...and encounter the usual ish. On the other side, there is the Brotherhood, setting out to do the same....and the hate groups targeting them, and gov't standing idly about it. "But now is the time to stand up and fight...so pick a side"

IMO, they've already established that there were superheroes & powered-beings decades before Iron Man. It's easy to just have mutants already being there. The world wouldn't care being that there are so few around...and as long as they stayed out of ish. Out of sight, out of mind. The Utopia/Genosha angle gives a reason for those that want one, why they stayed out of ish. The X-Men don't usually get involved with the ish outside of Mutant-related events, and Avengers definitely never cared about Mutant plight, so keeping them separate always worked. And you get a reason for the X-Men to step back out into the world, with there being so many new mutants hunted/targeted/murdered Living while Mutant...that X-Men will not stand for it. Plus, you can keep whatever mutants you already had (Deadpool & Crew/Wolverine etc) also without over-explaining anything.

And they can even have the Phoenix Saga as already happening, and Jean disappeared X-years ago. The snapped awoke the Phoenix, which created the influx of mutants and Jean returns. Hell, it's the Search for Jean Grey...only they don't know it was Jean they were looking for.

ANYTHING involving bringing in the X-Men from another universe/multiverse is trash.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
49ers..Braves..Celtics
This is gonna be tough in my opinion. What I mean is the X Men were so well done in the Fox Movies its gonna be hard for people to forget that.

People here claim otherwise but to the real world a few of those movies were huge successes for FOX. i disagree that it can't be done and done better.. X-Men could always be done better.. but it's never easy when you have so many characters to introduce at once.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
This is gonna be tough in my opinion. What I mean is the X Men were so well done in the Fox Movies its gonna be hard for people to forget that. They should use the same actors from the old movies. Hugh Jackman is old I know but I think he said he would consider doin the character again in the MCU..

I understand why people would say a fresh start but man its gonna be hard to me because those movies were dope and left a mark at least to me..

If they were trash like the Fantastic 4 movies it would be easier.

I love the ideas being tossed around in here though they’re all fire
Yeah but Every other x-men movie is unwatchable
  • xmen - was great then but aged like milk, B-
  • X2 - B
  • X3 - D-, unwatchable
  • Origins wolverine - F, unwatchable
  • The wolverine - C
  • Logan - A+
  • First class - B
  • Dofp - A-
  • Apocalypse - D- unwatchable
  • Dark phoenix - F unwatchable
  • Deadpool - A+
  • Deadpool 2 - B
  • New mutants - C
You dont need to keep the broken ass continuity of the xmen movies...the only thing i’d salvage is deadpool and old man logan honestly.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Yeah but Every other x-men movie is unwatchable
  • xmen - was great then but aged like milk, B-
  • X2 - B
  • X3 - D-, unwatchable
  • Origins wolverine - F, unwatchable
  • The wolverine - C
  • Logan - A+
  • First class - B
  • Dofp - A-
  • Apocalypse - D- unwatchable
  • Dark phoenix - F unwatchable
  • Deadpool - A+
  • Deadpool 2 - B
  • New mutants - C
You dont need to keep the broken ass continuity of the xmen movies...the only thing i’d salvage is deadpool and old man logan honestly.
First Class was at least B+ cmon :russ:

Xmen 2 was an A son

I just think after 20 years of those X men movies it could be tricky I don’t think they should give ‘em a full reboot it should be like what you said in your 1st post

Last edited:

detroitwalt

Superstar
Daps
As important as Prof X & Magneto's origins are, I think they would have to updated. Even if the movie dropped tomorrow those characters would have to be in their 80/90s in order to be set in the present and that just won't work.

Ed MOTHEREFFING G

Chances make champions
Daps
Reppin
206 x 734
As important as Prof X & Magneto's origins are, I think they would have to updated. Even if the movie dropped tomorrow those characters would have to be in their 80/90s in order to be set in the present and that just won't work.
they could just move stuff down a generation; Magneto's dad could've been in a concentration camp, or his grandfather. Its not like the sentiment would be significantly less for the movie