How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

JLova

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That ain’t going to help if the parents are in need of money. Medical expenses for older Americans keep rising, too.

The kids can woek and help support their parents. They are better off together than alone. I get that this is not possible for everyone but some kids can’t wait to leave perfectly stable homes. Which to me is silly.

And there is still cheap rent out there, just gotta move to undesirable cities or States. You telling me Buffalo or Syracuse have high rents?

Wink Beaufield

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Southeast DC
The Chinese have infiltrated more thoroughly than the Russians. I get tired of dumb fukks like you regurgitating dumb ass talking points like you actually know what you’re talking about.

A picture perfect example is Addison McConnell and his wife Elaine Cho. The Chinese have perfected the intel honeypot game along with buying up US companies.

As for houses, if I tried to buy into my neighborhood in DC now I would be locked out as everything in my neck of the woods is $400k+.:francis:

Treeshaz

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Bernal Heights
Rent is rising everywhere but not at the crazy rates we see in the desirable cities. Sorry but people are going to have to move to places were the prices are more reasonable. Everyone can't leave in NYC, LA, San Diego, Miami, or any other desirable city, more people with more money are moving to those places. Yall really thought everyone wanting to move to Atlanta or Houston wasn't going to affect prices eventually?? There are plenty of nice places in the midwest, middle America and places in the south that will have more affordable rent.
Houston still a cheap azz place even being in such demand ....

JP_614

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Aloha State
Russian Oligarchs own more property in America than the whole 14% of black people combined. Part of Putins plan to break America was to run prices up for property, to the point where no one can afford to live comfortably.

The Trump administration allowed this to happen as more assistance to that Russian pink ass bytch. The DOJ needs to start siezing these property companies that are funded by Russian Oligarchs.

Dont forget the Chinese. Hell these fukks keep outbidding everyone here in Hawaii paying cash. Buying up all the prime real estate man.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
youre forgetting about the millions of Young people who are actually from NY, (and other major cities). Not the ones just moving to it for fun.

So they should leave their families, friends, entire social networks, connections etc just to afford a place to sleep?

the previous generations didn’t have to make that decision, it’s wack.

If you have that support, why not leverage it? I don’t make the rules, I don’t set the prices; however sometimes you have to make sacrifices. Just saying :yeshrug:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I’m going through a divorce
Moving out in 2 months
The place I’m going is $1400 and super fly.
It’s not even finished being built yet.
It’s brand new, 1 bedroom, all major appliances included, wifi included, the roof has a terrace & a pool & a bar area, the building has a game room with foozball & billiards, a movie room with a projector screen, a gym but a serious gym with weights, bench press & a squat rack, also a kids room with some game park like structure and it’s own private outdoors area for walking & dinning.

You lucky because basic ass apartments in my area start at $1400.

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
my older cousins, siblings, etc were living the young single fun life back in the 2000s for like $700-900 a month while just working retail jobs or other low earning nonprofessional occupations, now its my turn and we have to cough up damn near $2000 a month to live respectably. :gucci:

I’m in New York, the DIRTIEST crappiest oldest apartments are starting for $1600. That may/may not include pests, water issues, noise, impossible parking etc.

I have a decent corporate deskjob income, college degree, and im STILL stressed hunting for a new crib, idk how everyone else is even enjoying their 20s and dating around, traveling with these prices:francis::picard:

Boomers and those old politicians need to jailed for handing us the country like this.

Some People need to be beheaded for pushing "market value" rents to broke people. Landlords are vultures that need that Kazuya Mishima treatment.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
basically like 70% of my social group is still with parents, but I mean you don’t see how jacked up that is? I remember growing up, a 27 yr old still at home was almost UNHEARD of and instantly meant something was really wrong with his ambition or something.

now it’s almost the norm and is sad, people having to spend their entire youthful 20’s living like teenagers still. Whether its the smart thing or not. The previous generations got to fully enjoy their era’s of life

Cost of living is absurd and wasn't meant for the average person to live on. That also contributed to low birth rates because even professional people are scared of spending money.

Grand Cru Boo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New Yawk New Yawk
I’m going through a divorce
Moving out in 2 months
The place I’m going is $1400 and super fly.
It’s not even finished being built yet.
It’s brand new, 1 bedroom, all major appliances included, wifi included, the roof has a terrace & a pool & a bar area, the building has a game room with foozball & billiards, a movie room with a projector screen, a gym but a serious gym with weights, bench press & a squat rack, also a kids room with some game park like structure and it’s own private outdoors area for walking & dinning.

Sounds like a paradise. Where at?

Will Ross

Superstar
Bushed
Daps
Cost of living is absurd and wasn't meant for the average person to live on. That also contributed to low birth rates because even professional people are scared of spending money.

Not really young people that have the money are driving up the cost of everything. From sneakers to rent to even thrift stores.

Wild self

Supporter
Daps
Situation is terrible at ALL economic levels. Until we get these investors out of the market prices aren't going to normalize. fukk the rate of increase leveling off, I'm talking prices DROPPING.

I'm literally on the edge of moving to a new state where land and houses are cheaper.
Rent prices need to be reduced by 50% to 70% while wages need to increase.

These landlords are greedy beyond redemption.