How will America address the Rent crisis for 18-25 yr olds

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
honestly...nothing

In NYC they already have mixed income buildings...all they can really do in do more set asides and make them income based

nd FYI, I was in nyc in the 2000s and rent was still out of control...it really started to take off around 2003-2004...it was never really under a $1000 in a decent area for 400+sqft...you'd have to go back to the 90s to see those numbers

concise

Veteran
Daps
Russian Oligarchs own more property in America than the whole 14% of black people combined. Part of Putins plan to break America was to run prices up for property, to the point where no one can afford to live comfortably.

The Trump administration allowed this to happen as more assistance to that Russian pink ass bytch. The DOJ needs to start siezing these property companies that are funded by Russian Oligarchs.

Chinese and Arabs are doing it too. :francis:

Mike Ock

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The World, but from BK
my older cousins, siblings, etc were living the young single fun life back in the 2000s for like $700-900 a month while just working retail jobs or other low earning nonprofessional occupations, now its my turn and we have to cough up damn near $2000 a month to live respectably. :gucci:

I’m in New York, the DIRTIEST crappiest oldest apartments are starting for $1600. That may/may not include pests, water issues, noise, impossible parking etc.

I have a decent corporate deskjob income, college degree, and im STILL stressed hunting for a new crib, idk how everyone else is even enjoying their 20s and dating around, traveling with these prices:francis::picard:

Boomers and those old politicians need to jailed for handing us the country like this.

Sounds like you might need to check out the Bronx for a spot. :yeshrug:

Seoul Gleou

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
by people demanding to work remote.

you dont have to live in piece of shyt new york to work there. if you can work for a company in new york from new jersey, why the fukk not? same with san francisco and LA

remote work has changed the game. lockdown proved that this is all bullshyt

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
The future is either an insane amount of roommates with little to no privacy, or professional homeless. And its not just restricted to the younger generation. The moment my parents landlord sells their house, my parents will be homeless. They can't rent in today's market. A whole bunch of retirees going to be fukked with no vaseline soon. fukk the housing market, hooe it all crashes very soon. POS houses for over a million... Million used to get you something. Now a milli is a spit in a bucket.

jerzboy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Russian Oligarchs own more property in America than the whole 14% of black people combined. Part of Putins plan to break America was to run prices up for property, to the point where no one can afford to live comfortably.

The Trump administration allowed this to happen as more assistance to that Russian pink ass bytch. The DOJ needs to start siezing these property companies that are funded by Russian Oligarchs.

I have to look this up, but foreign investors as a whole need to get the fukk out the country.... lol, what happened to Americans first??? Politics is such bs (both parties)

Edit: I’m thankful to have a condo, but next up is the house... wife and I are contemplating to continue to rent a house and buy property outside of the garden state to continue to increase our portfolio

The M.I.C.

The King In The West 👑
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Charlotte - Washington D.C.

The Chinese have infiltrated more thoroughly than the Russians. I get tired of dumb fukks like you regurgitating dumb ass talking points like you actually know what you’re talking about.

DetroitEWarren

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Detroit You bytch Ass nikka
The Chinese have infiltrated more thoroughly than the Russians. I get tired of dumb fukks like you regurgitating dumb ass talking points like you actually know what you’re talking about.
nikka I'd break yo fukkin jaw and pistol whip yo dumbass, pink ass bytch nikka, I'd put yo whit ass in a box. dikk sucking pink bytch.

I'm fully aware of the Chinese being part of this shyt too. You can pull up on me to discuss this issue any time bytch ass nikka. Stay right off 12 mile and Hoover and I drive a coke white 2020 Buick Enclave. I'm easy to find hoe nikka.

FishNGrits

Superstar
Daps
nikka I'd break yo fukkin jaw and pistol whip yo dumbass, pink ass bytch nikka, I'd put yo whit ass in a box. dikk sucking pink bytch.

I'm fully aware of the Chinese being part of this shyt too. You can pull up on me to discuss this issue any time bytch ass nikka. Stay right off 12 mile and Hoover and I drive a coke white 2020 Buick Enclave. I'm easy to find hoe nikka.
:deadrose: